(Band Questions) Queen of Japan...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

(Band Questions) Queen of Japan...

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Since mid December, I've become rather interested in what I can guess is a techno pop/rock trio called Queen of Japan. I think they might be a European group because their stuff doesn't seem very much available in the US, and most of their work is on mostly German and (I think) French labels. Either way they seem to be of the semi-oscure status.

Anyway, I've listened to about a dozen or so of their songs, and you can hear some of their stuff from these two links:

http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-deta ... nid=sss017

http://www.queenofjapan.net/HTML/toys.html

They're rather ecclectic, ranging from straight techno into rock/pop down to even soul funk, and quite a few covers like "Do You Think I'm Sexy?," "I Love Rock & Roll," and "Physical".

So, does anyone else listen to them? Or let alone even heard of them?

NOTE: If this more properly belongs in OT, then go ahead and move it.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Woah, that's some seriously fun music! I really like it. Thanks for the link! :D
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Heh, you're welcome. :)

I recommend seeking out some of their other stuff. Their song "Showdown" is particularly smooth... :mrgreen:
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"