"Flowers"

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

"Flowers"

Post by Slartibartfast »

I've been told that this video is "morbid", but I find it extremely cute.

http://no.brain.free.fr/flims_real/emiliesimon.htm

There's another video by the same singer, that's damn freaky, tho. Maybe I'll find a link for that one :)
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Oh wow, I love it! It reminds me a lot of the Nightmare before Christmas general style, which I adore.

It's cute~! :luv:
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Isn't that supposed to be based on the story of a girl trying to sell flowers in the gutters just to survive, and at the end of the story she froze to death with a smile on her face? If so, then perhaps that is why some perceive it as morbid, since it could be interpreted that she is right on the verge of death when she falls down at the end of the video.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Er,

No.
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Pick wrote:Oh wow, I love it! It reminds me a lot of the Nightmare before Christmas general style, which I adore.

It's cute~! :luv:
Glad you like it.

EDIT: This video was played multiple times on the Sony cable channel, and it (or the singer) doesn't appear to be very well-known, so I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen it before?
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Damn, I like that song.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Aww!! That's so cute!! :sings along:
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:Isn't that supposed to be based on the story of a girl trying to sell flowers in the gutters just to survive, and at the end of the story she froze to death with a smile on her face? If so, then perhaps that is why some perceive it as morbid, since it could be interpreted that she is right on the verge of death when she falls down at the end of the video.
You're thinking of the Little Match Girl. Which I think was written by Has Christian Anderson, who pretty much always ended his stories with the main character dying. The bastard.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Now, this one is, to me, definitely morbid.

http://www.bikinifilms.co.uk/mv/philipp ... eel/es.htm

She doesn't look that ugly without the heavy doll makeup tho, in fact she's kinda cute :)