Need a good camoflage scheme

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Need a good camoflage scheme

Post by 2000AD »

Painting up an imperial guard model for inquisitor and i need a decent cam scheme for him.

Dark green is going to be a part of it to keep in with my Inquisitor.

Anyone got any sugestions for another colour(s) that would go well?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Dead_Ghost
Padawan Learner

Post by Dead_Ghost »

Cam scheme for forests, urbans, landscapes, polars, mountain-paths, swamps?
Mark S wrote:Maybe they're allowed to have all the casual sex they want. It's not sex that's forbidden, it's attachment.

"Go forth and fuck her brains out, my young Padawan. Just remember, no cuddling and pillow talk afterwards."
- Concerning the topic "Jedi training and sexuality"
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Dead_Ghost wrote:Cam scheme for forests, urbans, landscapes, polars, mountain-paths, swamps?
Urban would be good, but i'll go with anything that looks nice.

EDIT: And when i said dark green i mean really dark green
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

2000AD wrote:
Dead_Ghost wrote:Cam scheme for forests, urbans, landscapes, polars, mountain-paths, swamps?

IF you want urban, go with shades of gray in a kinda blocky pattern.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

2000AD wrote:

An Inquisitor? in very, very dark green? Dump the camo idea; give him black accents instead, and touches of a very deep, dark red, like metal that's just beginning to glow in the fire... (my, getting poetic, ain't I? :D)
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Elheru Aran wrote:
2000AD wrote:

An Inquisitor? in very, very dark green? Dump the camo idea; give him black accents instead, and touches of a very deep, dark red, like metal that's just beginning to glow in the fire... (my, getting poetic, ain't I? :D)
The Inquisitor i posted a picture of earlier in the minature pic thread, this is for the imp guard that's in his warband.
Dark red sounds good.
Hammerman! Hammer!
Dead_Ghost
Padawan Learner

Post by Dead_Ghost »

Also, how about a light, not bright, dull green in smaller quantity along with an overall very dark shade of grey.
Mark S wrote:Maybe they're allowed to have all the casual sex they want. It's not sex that's forbidden, it's attachment.

"Go forth and fuck her brains out, my young Padawan. Just remember, no cuddling and pillow talk afterwards."
- Concerning the topic "Jedi training and sexuality"
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

OK i've painted up the Guardsman (pics below) and am actually content with him having no camo scheme, though a camo scheme would rock.

Any suggestions that would be fairly easy to paint?

Or does he look good enough as he is?

Also i need suggestions for his boots. Black seemed like a good idea at the time, but it does look a bit too plain. Any suggestions? What colour are real life combat boots?

Hammerman! Hammer!
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

RL combat boots generally vary from black to olive-drab to khaki; basicaly depends on what material they're made from. Usually they're colored to match the uniform to some degree-- black/olive drab with green, khaki with tan/khaki... so you actually did just fine there. Looks pretty nice, too.

A suggestion-- you could give him an urban-camo look by streaking white/gray over all that green? Mainly dark and light grays, spots of white...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

I'd put on Bubonic Brown and/or Vermin Brown splotches, overlaid with Chaos Black "tiger stripes" and "chocolate chips."

EDIT: Over the green fatigues, not any other parts.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

JediNeophyte wrote:I'd put on Bubonic Brown and/or Vermin Brown splotches, overlaid with Chaos Black "tiger stripes" and "chocolate chips."

EDIT: Over the green fatigues, not any other parts.
So it's going to end up looking something like one of these?(just skip to the end)
http://artpad.art.com/?ib0yi115ixlc
Hammerman! Hammer!
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

...Something like that.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh