The nice thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

A list? Do I have to? *gets a glare* Alright fine...

Kuja, fellow Buffalonian. And almost as much of a smart ass. :wink: You're a great guy man.

Lindar, always good for an amusing chat. Even if she is evil.

Ace, I'm the God of laughing? Score! You're cool in my book man.

Tevar, don't talk to ya much anymore dear. But you're still a great person.

GR, I think he and I have managed to pervert more threads in the past few months then most do in a year.

Connor, great guy, easy to talk to.

Rouge, we abuse the hell out of the poor guy. But he's cool.

Stravo, lord and master of fanfiction, and another just generally good person.

Shep is always good for a laugh, and I really do agree more and more with his "Fuck it, nuke everything." plan every day.

fgalkin, that crazy russian we all love.

Alyrium, damn I almost forgot you. For being a complete and total heathen, and trying to smite people anyway.

I've no doubt forgotten one or two of you, maybe more. Sorry.

P.S. And Lus gets points for being awesome and making the thread and spreading the joy of fgalkins niceness.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Re: The nice thread

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Lusankya wrote:Ok... so if you have anything nice to say about anyone that you want to share, put it here.
Hmm.

Hmmmm.

. . .

After much thought, and consideration of the adage "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all," I have nothing to say. (This is because I am the bad cop.)
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Zaia
Inamorata

Re: The nice thread

Post by Zaia »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:After much thought, and consideration of the adage "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all," I have nothing to say. (This is because I am the bad cop.)
I like Pablo because he's man enough to watch "John Mayer Has A TV Show." He's also not afraid to say good things about it that might make him sound like a pussy.

:D

PS: I've got heaps of nice things to say about people, but I have to run to a rehearsal/concert now, so I'll add more later.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Lusankya, for being the hottest Super Star Destroyer this side of the Outer Rim, and bringing an order of knighthood to the board.

Zaia, you're great. I mean that. Despite your tendency to take your moderating job seriously. :wink: I kid, I kid.

Erm... Thanks to everybody who brought me up. :shock:

Mike, we have our differences, but your board rocks.

All the SD.net Dawn of War players. Lots of fun, even if you do kick my ass and then laugh about it afterwards. (Yeah, I hang around to watch the games after I'm gone, including seeing the comments made. :P)

All the STGODers. When I've had a better board-based game, I don't know.

All my D&D players on the board for being so patient with me. Now let's get this thing rolling, hmmm? :wink:

Stravo, StarCrossed is just great. I must make a note to read your other fanfics at some point, but for now StarCrossed is quite enough for me to handle. :P

Mayabird, thanks for listening and for all the great band stories. :lol:

Alyrium, invasions are lots of fun. Let's do another sometime! :D
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Oh and extraspecial thanks to the admins, supermods, and mods: you've made this one of the best run, evenhanded, uncluttered and efficient boards on the internet. No small feat.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Rogue 9 wrote:Stravo, StarCrossed is just great. I must make a note to read your other fanfics at some point, but for now StarCrossed is quite enough for me to handle. :P
Dude! You are sooooo missing out. :wink:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Reading Mike's, Durandal's, Rye's, and Kuroneko's(although I have a hard time understanding him when he talks philosophy :oops: ) are very enlightening, and enjoyable.

Sir Nitram is also cool, both for his arguments, and the fact that he was almost always the first in the threads I post in to call a troll a troll.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Oh what the hell-DC is going to throw a hissy fit for me going against my inconsiderate asshole image so that alone makes it worthwhile :P
-Mike, for making this possible in the first case
-GR, Stravo, JME2, Stofsk, Tsyroc and Clark for many a fun comics debate,
-Lusankya, for starting the thread where
-Petroskjo and I had a lot of fun being silly (despite him ditching me from his sig :x )-thanks for playing along,
-Zaia, (despite her modding habits :wink: ) for starting another such thread, for being loads of fun, and for showing me that there are still Good People on this planet (and just for the record, I never suggested Tori Amos is a cockatrice-it was merely a poll option, Valendammit)
-IB, for a lot of fun especially discussing Harry Potter,
-SirNitram, because assuming he knows who the hell I am he'll Hadoken me if I don't mention him, and because I'm awed by his D&D knowledge,
-Lady Tevar, because SirNitram will Hadoken me if I don't mention her. Oh, and 'Meow',
-Brianeyci, for giving me a chance to try my debating skills,
-Rogue 9, for at least technically having a quote of mine in his sig :wink: ,
-and this is where I give up due to information overflow. Once more I can only say- Gunslingers, I cry your pardon.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

There are tons. The old brigade I have and do like, too many to name: Damien, always witty; Rob, eversmashing; Pablo... somehow homey; Nitram dependable; Marina, apocalyptical; and Rob Wilson, whose smoothness is legendary among all. Others, more recent, have grown on me: Alyrium, Arthur Tuxedo, Ghost Rider, Stofsk... I can't even list half of the ones I like here.

But I know I forgot Colin. Dammit. And Zaia. And Innerbrat. And many more.

Edit: I also want to take a moment to apoligize to Imperial Overlord and Skelron, because I unfairly heaped a shitload of insults on them in earlier d20 threads. Sorry, guys.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Like Rogue said.....

This one goes out to all the STGODers....

We've had some damn good times, have we not?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

In no particular order and undoubtedly with glaring exceptions, GR, Dalton, Rye, Mike, Fey, Kernel, IB, Rob Wilson, Lindar, Tych, fgalkin, Lusyanka, Lindar....in fact, to make it simpler these people (minus the trolls etc of course ;) )
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

The following people consistently make posts which are worth reading:

Darth Wong
Admiral Valdemar
Batman
Connor McLeod
Duchess of Zeon
Durandal
Edi
Ghost Rider
His Divine Shadow
Illuminatus Primus
Kuroneko
Ma Deuce
Mad
Master of Ossus
Pablo Sanchez
Patrick Degan
Phong
Publius
Red Imperator
Sea Skimmer
Stravo
Vympel

And of course, I enjoy the presence of every one who contributes to the board, but this group stands out as cool even among the coolness that is this board. There are probably more that I meant to add, but forgot. Oh well.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Teh Zaia, for she is Baby Jesus, and no one can be nicer than Baby Jesus (well, except for me, but I can't nominate myself) :D
The Kernel and the Fey, for they are both insanely cool.
The Shep, for he is a dolphin shaped nuke
Lus, for being the first to appreciate my niceness. :D
Connor McLeod, for his habit of smacking down stupidity abd fanboyism wherever he may see it.
Dalton, for stealing donuts from my enemies. :twisted:
Durandal and RedImperator, for being cool.
Lord Wong, he is not nice by any stretch of the imagination (especially to trolls and morons), but everyone loves him still. :P
Marina, likewise, her niceness could be found only with a microscope, but her posts are a very enlightening read.
Edi, for being a nice guy, and at one time, almost a neighbor. :D
Stravo, for he is the epitome of "nice guy"
Kuj and Cyran, for they are the reason I will nuke Buffalo. :twisted:
GR, for he is also cool
XaLEv, if he had lived in the Middle Ages, he would be a monk writing chronicles. He is not a monk, but he is writing chronicles. :D
Stofsk, for he, like many here, is a cool gut.
JediNophyte, for he knows a lot about this weird thing called "Warhammer 40k"
Petrosjko, for he is a follower of the niceness of fgalkin. :wink:

and many others whom I did not include, for I was lazy. :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

I think most of you fuckers are nifty.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Let me start by saying that there is a lot of you and I will undoubtedly miss one of you. Let me apologize in advance for that.

The Bilbo Baggins quote from the Lord of the Rings applies here: "I know half of you half as well as I should like to and I like half of you half as well as you deserve." You're a great bunch of people.

Petrosjko, Pcm, Yosemite Bear, Stormbringer, Typhonis 1, General Tacitus, and the rest of the 40K crowd.

NecronLord, font of 40K info.

Mike, of course.

The Duchess of Zeon who is always interesting.

Shep, who says a lot of things I disagree with, but is always worth reading.

Elfdart, for the similar reasons.

Patrick Degan, who can bury his opposition under an enormous pile of data.

I've already talked about Stravo.

Braineyci and Chmee. Yah, they've had embarrassing incidents. My life has a couple of those as well.

Mike, Lord Poe, Mayabird, Bob the Gunsliger, Stofsk, Inner Brat, Zaia, Bohemian Fey,frigid magi, The Kernel, Vympel and Cpl. Kendall for being themselves.

fgalkin and Lus for being so nice.

Alyrium, the only openly gay libertarian D&D nerd I know. He's a hell of a nice guy. I don't know Shark Bait to well, but he's funny and his choice of friends speaks well for him.

Connor Mcleod, patient and intelligent.

Eleas, during that unpleasantness I was irritable and looking to take it out on someone for reasons that had nothing to do with the board. That mess is at least party my fault and I'll lay claim to my portion of the blame. I don't hold anything against you.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

you are all the craziest bunch of degenerate assfuckers i have ever met. :P
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Shout out to the UPF Crew.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

TheKernel has been a great guy to talk with and to receive advice from. I was one of the first he told about his feelings for BohemianFey, and about their impending marriage. I hope for them all the very best.

Darth Wong made this place, when he could have just done something more worthwhile. :lol: IIRC I've received the smackdown from him just once, but he was positively gentle. In any case, he proved me wrong and I conceded. There's no shame in admitting you're wrong, especially in such company as his.

Zaia for being there to talk to, you and TheKernel were there when I needed someone to talk to the most. Thank you.

Crown, for being just a general cool guy. I wish I'd met him before he decided to go on his journey across the world, and he's gonna miss the Aussie SDnet meetup, but ... he'll be here in spirit, or something. :lol:

Vympel, nice guy. Weemadando, cool guy. Mr Flibble, great guy. All aussies.

Batman, Petro, JME2, Eleas, Tsyroc, Knife, Joe, others, just for intelligent discussion. Frank Hipper, for being cool. Alyrium Denryle, for answering my questions on frogs and reptiles. Illuminatus Primus for his knowledge on SW, and for his fiery attitude (sometimes justified, sometimes not, but each time with passion). Sea Skimmer knows about the military the way some people never will, and he answers questions from n00bs like me. Dalton rocks.

Whenever The Duchess of Zeon, Kuroneko or Publius make a post, I'll read it, even if I don't know what the bloody topic is about, because I'm guaranteed a unique perspective. That's always valuable. Stravo, for knowing how to entertain.

Finally, Lusankya. She's a special lady. 'Nuff said.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Rye wrote:Personally, I think I'm one of the most underrated posters ever. ;)
Bah, I beat you there by leaps and bounds.

Anyway, nice things, nice things, well the board, for being a group of people that disscussion with doesn't make me contempt the human race as a whole
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Connor Macloed: Intelligent, humourous, can relate to. What else does one want in a guy?

HisDivineShadow: "We worship the Shadow!"
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

:D Ah, a pat on the back thread. I love these.

Nice. Well, my brothers in the Mess are nice. Nice and strong, knuckle dragging, hard working, straight shooting, warriors from hell...... :twisted:

Above and beyond such, Edi is just one hell of a dude. Even when he's all 'uppity' he's still nice.

Stofsk ranks just below Edi, in the nice scale. A good guy, even if he's having a bad decade.

Fey, well she's a hon. What more can you say. If she wasn't nice, I wouldn't call her hon. Spunky too. :twisted:

RogueIce is nice too. :wink: Hell, even his put downs are nice. 8)

Oldy and Moldies like Stravo and Ghost Rider are giant suger bears too. Sure there might be a crusty outside, but they're just giant pushovers.

Shit, there are so many nice people in this place. There's a bunch of cool assholes too, but the thread is 'nice' so I'll stick to the theme.

:mrgreen:
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Addendum;

I've recently discovered that I enjoy Petrosjko's posts. Im almost all cases, he's nice and well mannered. Though he does rank right up there in the 'I can't spell his username' category right along with Alyrium. :?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I'd like to mention the SDNet chat denizens. Good fun lot of people to waste time with.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

an oorah to my aiif fundy hunters, the mess, sexay gale (cmon, it has rye *and* f00. you dont get better then that), wong, duchess, sos:nba, and the whole herd of sdnetters who comment on my bizarre threads :D
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Alrighty then.

First among equals is Captain Cyran. I love ya, I hate ya, I can't frikkin decide, so I'm not gonna bother. You're a hell of a guy to know, and let's leave it at that. :wink:

Next up is Zaia. 99% of the time, I feel more positive about things after talking to her. The other 1% is what takes place when I say something dumb and piss her off. Zaia is the only SDnet member who could whack me with a baseball bat and I wouldn't particularly mind; she kicks that much ass.

Then there's Ghost Rider. I didn't have much of an opinion on him until we started yakking away on AIM and now he's one of my favorites around her. He's a hilarious guy, he's got some good writing skillz, and he likes FFIX. Kick. Ass.

Hmmm. I'll give Duchess of Zeon a mention here. She makes me wish humans could learn by osmosis, since I always want to feel smart when I'm talking to her.

No list of my favorite posters would be complete without Rob Dalton. All kidding aside, I owe you a lot. My writing career would've blown up in the hanger if Dalton hadn't helped me configure Word for posting stories on the net. Dalton is just a great guy who's great to know, and it's too bad that there isn't more of him to go around. :wink:

InnerBrat. She's just...somthing. What's it called? Oh yeah, cool. InnerBrat is really, really cool. Cheers to the beautiful lycanthrope. I really ought to talk to you more.

OK, I've gotta mention Lusankya here, for making the best goddamn comeback in board history. Lusankya came here a long time ago and seemed pretty awesome, then vanished. Much time later, she finally reappeared and has been kicking ass all over the place ever since.

Stravo, Stravo, Stravo...what can't I say here? My longest-running fic was inspired by your writer's block. For fuck's sake, how often can a guy's writer's block inspire people? That's just plain crazy.

I can't get away without mentioning SirNitram and LadyTevar. If this board is ever spontaneously transported into D&D, I am going to attach myself to you guys and hope I come out unscathed.

Well, I think that about sums it up- *gets hit with frying pan* -right, right, I was just about to mention you, Lindar. You're just a ball of laughs on and off the board. It's a riot a minute knowing you.

There's lots of you that I haven't metioned, but this is a long post for me and my ADD is demanding that I move on. Keep on rollin, y'all.
JADAFETWA