JLU/Secret of Blue Water: Yesterdays and Tomorrows

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

JME2 wrote: Thank you.

Of course, if the next chapter is done early Saturday night (the 22nd), then you'll be forced to choose between reading it or watching the first part of the JLU season finale... 8)
That's the nice thing about having something in writing... you can pick it up and enjoy it at any time.

I might even save it until I'm at work with nothing to do.....
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

The Best of Both Worlds has been updated, so the next chapter of Yesterdays and Tomorrows should follow either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks as always for patience, guys. 8)
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alright, you wanted it? You've got it!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Disclaimer: Batman created by Bob Kane, Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston. All three are owned by DC Comics. Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water created by Hayo Miyazaki, based upon characters created by Jules Verne, and owned by Gainax. I own the story and any original characters/species. No copyright infringement is intended.

Justice League/ Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water: Yesterdays and Tomorrows

Author’s Notes: I’d like to take this time to apologize for the delays in getting the next installment of the project out over the last two months. The Holiday season has a way of screwing with me and computer-related issues have not helped either. I thank you for your continued interest, patience, and support of the project. So, without further adieu, enjoy!

Chapter IX -- Decisions and Discoveries

Though the waters of the LeMerr Straits were not known for their docility -- as the crew of the Nautilus had almost learned to their peril -- there were those occasional days when the sea was as tranquil as could be. The all-purpose submarine was still anchored there, completing the final repairs caused by the mine detonations and the Amazon-engineered destruction of one of the airlocks. The sky was a rich-blue, the seagulls circled overhead -- it was a perfect day to be at sea, indeed.

Too bad the same couldn’t be said for the mood inside the briefing room of the Nautilus.

The senior staff was gathered along a long, rectangular table, Nemo seated at the far end. Electra currently had the floor.

“I object to this proposal,” she said in cool, determined voice. “This ship faces a daunting task ahead of us. We must concentrate our total efforts to this objective. To blithely take on new crewmembers at this time would greatly hinder our mission and put the crew in unwarranted danger. For the well-being of the Nautilus, I stand firmly opposed to the motion before us.”

The floor was silent as Electra’s stance sunk in. It was the Chief Engineer that was to break the silence.

“Yes. But we’re short of personnel. In addition, the first officer’s objections do not take into account that they have all served this ship well so far.”

From across the table, the CMO nodded in response to this observation.

“I strongly agree. If they think of Gargoyle as their enemy, then their goals are the same as ours,” the big German stated.

Nods and murmurs filled the briefing room at the doctor’s comment. When all had settled down, the helmsman spoke his thoughts.

“There’s one thing that bothers me. Now, what if they were to leave the ship at some point? They could take the secrets they’ve learned from the Nautilus and misuse them.”

Another round of nods and murmurs filled the chamber; the ball was back on their side of the court.

“You don’t need to worry about that,” the engineer replied.

“Hmm?”

“Those people could never completely understand the breadth of our scientific knowledge.

“He’s right. No crewmember fully comprehends the super-science that governs the Nautilus. They’ll learn to use it, but they would never be able to duplicate it on their own,” agreed the science officer.

The helmsman sighed again.

“It’s not so much the children or the crew of the Gratan that I’m worried about. It’s, well, the other two.”

Everyone of course knew that he was referring to the supposed urban legend and royal princess-in-exile also currently aboard the Nautilus, stranded refugees from a parallel Earth until a rescue operation could be conducted.

“That is my main concern as well, even more so than the Grandis and her cronies,” Electra stated. “Both of these unusual…passengers could be great threats. And we still do not know if they are what they claim to be.”

Everyone just starred at her, causing her to shrug.

“Forgive me if I have trouble believing in the existence of a “Justice League.”

“When you consider some of the things we’ve seen and which led to the creation of this ship, it’s not that hard to swallow,” replied the Chief Engineer wryly. Nemo nodded.

“From what they said, their League, their world already has access or contact with technology similar to that of ours and Gargoyle‘s. In addition, I have been observing both of them quite carefully.”

Not exactly an easy task to do considering the other passenger currently on board that had sent him into a semi-emotional throes, Electra thought, but she said nothing. It was not her place to point it out, especially following the confrontation on the main deck two days earlier.

“And?”

Nemo was silent, finding his words.

“The Batman may be a costumed individual, but he also possesses a unique variety of talents, tools, and a sharp, prolific mind. His actions on the island fortress were a deliberate slap in Gargoyle’s face and you saw the determination his exhibited when the Gratan was brought up. We could use a man like that on board.”

Despite her love and respect for Nemo, even she had to question the wisdom of keeping a man on board who had broken out of his quarters and had attacked and interrogated the ship’s CMO, then proceeded to burst onto the bridge in the midst of a highly delicate operation.

“But what of the Amazon? What if she is -- ?”

Nemo shook his head.

“I need to observe these…‘Leaguers’ before bestowing that level of trust upon them. But I’m certain now that she’s not an Amazon of this world; the rescue of the Gratan proved as much. Like her companion, her talents could be a great asset in out war against Gargoyle."

The talk continued for a few minutes more, with arguments thrown back and forth before the vote was taken.

“What?! Apprentice crewmembers?!”

Electra nodded slowly at the Grandis gang.

“Yes. From this day forward, the three of you will be working exclusively under my command.

The reaction of the three gang members was mized. Hanson was as excited as a blind dog in a meat market, Grandis was openly thanking God for answering he prayers, and Sanson looked resigned. But their reaction to the news meant that they weren’t reading the slight hint of a facial expression on Electra’s face regarding their reactions.

Well, they didn’t, but the strangers from a far away land did.

After all, Batman was a detective, Diana a woman warrior. Both had observational skills that were similar yet different to the other’s. Both of them saw the hint of displeasure on Electra’s face, both had seen how the XO and Grandis acted around Captain Nemo, and both said nothing whatsoever.

“Ms. Electra?”

Everyone stopped to glance at Jean, who had stepped forward, gathering his courage and screwing it to the sticking place.

“I want to learn everything about this ship! The science you use hear is unbelievable. You are doing things that no one has ever sought to attempt before!”

Not in this timeframe anyway, Batman thought to himself. But Jean was right. Alternate reality or not, the technology aboard this ship made no sense given the era that they were in. The key lay with these Neo-Atlanteans, he was certain of that.

“I want to learn all about this ship and use that knowledge to better mankind,” Jean finished. Electra smiled at him, a rather sad smile in the opinion of Diana. It reminded her of a similar gaze that Hippolyta had given her growing up when she had wanted to see Diana achieve her dreams, but had known it was impossible.

“I understand Jean,” she said at last, “But I cannot allow you to wander freely around this vessel.”

Jean looked as crushed as he had been when Nadia had blown up at him the other day and had thrown him out of her quarters.

“However, I will allow you to read all the books in my libraries as you wish.”

Jean’s mood had barely switched back to utter happiness when Nadia chose to follow in his footsteps and screw her own courage to the sticking place, as the Bard had written four -- no, three hundred years prior; this was why Batman hated time travel.

“Ms. Electra, what am I allowed to do on board?”

“Well, you will be entertained as the honored guest of Captain --”

Nadia shook her head, cutting off Electra.

“No, I want a job to do. I am accustomed to working for my food and shelter and I don’t plan to stop that now.”

Aggressive, taking charge -- Diana was liking Nadia more and more.

“I see,” Electra said finally. “Well then, you can assist Ms. Grandis.”

Again, Nadia had barely finished as Marie was about to venture forth where her teenage companions had gone before her. However, the little girl was beaten by the Amazonian warrior.

“You haven’t spoken of myself and my companion yet.”

Electra sighed.

“I was going to get to that eventually.”

Sure you were, Batman thought with just a hint of sarcasm that he permitted himself to use from time to time. They had barely known each other for a handful of days and she already didn’t like him. Well that was fine; he wasn’t here to be liked. And to be quite frank, he didn’t exactly like her either.

“Despite your positive contributions The Captain and the senior staff have been…unable to decide upon your role in the day-to-day activities of this ship. For the moment, you‘re confined to non-vital areas of the Nautilus -- especially you,” she said, glaring at the Dark Knight Detective.

“Thank you,” Diana replied. Her behavior was slightly odd to Batman. He had half expected Diana, based on the two year working relationship that the Leaguers had had, to demand a release from their quarters onboard this all-purpose submarine. It was clear though, that the fall from the sky and the lifting of the Gratan had taken the much of the fight out of her.

“There’s also one other thing.”

“Oh?”

“You’re going to need to do something about those…costumes.”

They had repelled two interstellar invasions They had faced down both Injustice Gangs and the Secret Society. They were two of the seven - technically six given Shayera Hol’s recent departure -- key components to the great assemblage of raw power in the history of the third planet of the Sol System.

But as Justice Leaguers, neither the Batman or Wonder Woman had ever faced a task as daunting as Grandis Granva’s cooking -- especially the former given the fact that one of the world’s most unrecognized culinary talents had been working for his family for three decades.

“Dinner is served!”

It wasn’t that Grandis was a bad cook, oh no. It was simply that her method of preparation was, how shall we say, not bland or conservative. She was very liberal in her preparation of that night’s entree, from the starfish salad to the bow-tied (literally) fish.

Hanson and Sanson had become used to it, having lived on the road with Grandis since her family had lost its fortune. If their finances permitted it, they usually ate out whenever possible. Nadia was trying to keep a straight face, but it wasn’t easy for the vegetarian, especially since she had worked in the kitchen throughout the day -- and failing at it. Though she didn’t know, her actions had been a parallel of why Alfred Pennyworth had banned Bruce from Wayne Manor’s kitchen after the billionaire had failed miserably in trying to prepare a roast; needless to say, she stuck with the salad, minus the Starfish.

Princess Diana of course, knew this from having stayed at Wayne Manor following the destruction of the Watchtower and with it her quarters. The butler to the Bat couldn’t resist divulging little tidbits and recollections of Bruce Wayne’s childhood -- as it existed prior to that terrible night, mind you. The Batman tolerated it, but it annoyed him to no end. He couldn’t help but sympathize with Tim in regards to J’onn J’onzz raiding the second Robin’s Oreos cache.

Diana and Batman had joined them for dinner; the officer’s mess was off-limits to them, though that wouldn’t have stopped Batman from walking in had he chosen to. The fact was he wished not to display the full extent of his -- not to mention Diana’s -- talents; the Nautilus crew had already seen enough and he wished to keep at least one or two aces in the hole should a quick departure prove necessary.

As per Electra’s “request”, the Justice Leaguers were no longer dressed in their uniforms. Each was clothed in one of the Nautilus’ jumpsuits, a move that Nadia had joined in -- though hers had been too big and she had been forced to improvise, pretty much creating her circus outfit from the jumpsuit. Though Diana’s tiara had been discarded -- albeit temporarily, her earrings and silver bracelets were still in place, just as was Nadia‘s Blue Water.

As for her Dark Knight companion, he too also wore the standard uniform, but with a few modifications. Though he had removed his cape, the mask was still very much a part of his appearance. In addition, his utility belt encircled his waist. Call him paranoid, but he felt more comfortable knowing that his tools of the trade, from the batarangs to d-cell jumplines were within arm’s reach. The rest of his costume was soaking in a special mixture in the corner of his quarters that one of the crewmembers have given them.

Even he had to admit it was necessary that it be washed. Alfred would have blown a fuse if he had seen his costume in the state that it was. After all, the bat-suit was regularly shot at, burned, and slashed among other things. He didn’t normally care; the money spent on the combination Kelvar/Nomex fabric - not just his costume, mind you, but those of his Gotham-based associates as well -- was inconsequential. It was occasions like this, however, where he couldn’t help but envy the fact that Diana’s patron gods had forged an nearly indestructible costume.

Diana was at home, having lived off of fish while growing up on the island of Thymiscera after all. She and Nadia were talking silently, the young girl expanding upon the conversation that they had had in sickbay about the Greek gods.

As for Batman, well the food was, eh, decent. Had he been here, Alfred would have thrown her out of the kitchen and proceeded to take over -- an act he would personally have seconded. To his left, Jean was peering over technical manuals and Batman couldn’t help but glance over at the young French inventor’s diagrams, courtesy of the Nautilus‘ XO.

He was trying to figure out what Echo the Sonar officer, who had given them a lecture on the abilities of the Nautilus, had not been telling them about the submarine’s power source. Grandis was busy complimenting herself on her equities meal, noting aloud that it needed a little a pepper.

“Pepper is not what it’s lacking,” muttered Sanson. Grandis gave him a glare that slightly impressed Gotham’s champion and the Amazon, both for two completely different reasons. In Batman’s case, it was her intimidation skill, in Diana’s, her ability to strike fear into men.

“If you have something to say, say it! I spend all day working and you spend all day loafing around and you expect to eat like --”

Grandis never saw it coming. Batman had, of course.; he was, as stated before, a trained observer and had seen King‘s stealthy, cat-like movements -- well, he was a lion cub, after all -- away from the fish bones that Grandis had given him and towards their chef‘s platter. Why he didn’t act or warn her of the approaching predator was complicated and slightly personal in some regards.

Perhaps it was an attempt to save the damsel -- if Grandis could be called that -- from the excessive amount of pepper that she had dumped on the platter and hadn’t noticed because she had been chewing out her partners-in-crime. Perhaps it was an attempt to not call further attention to his skills and to keep at least one ace in the hole. Whatever the reason, he was silent as King, in a leap that would have made any Olympic athlete proud, jumped onto the table, seized the fish entrée, and then bounded across the table and through the head-level air-chute.

There was a long silence, one that was quickly broken by Grandis’ hysterics.

“Savage,” she growled, her eyes and ears straining to hear the cub’s movements through the ventilation shaft. She moved quickly and with purpose, thrust the upper half of her body through the chute.

“Gotcha you! Now I’m gonna -- ”

She suddenly screamed out and fell back on everyone, her face clawed, King’s cries receding into the distance through the shafts.

“Ms. Granva?”

“I’ll kill that cat!!”

“He’s a lion, actually,” Hanson couldn’t help but point out; it was in his nature, after all. Grandis ignored him and pulled herself up, looking directly into Diana’s eyes.

“Get him!”

Wonder Woman gazed at Grandis incredulously.

“Excuse me?”

“Fly after it or crush him in the chute. You know, do what you did with the Catherine!” she said, gesticulating wildly with her arms. While Diana, Princess of Thymiscera, couldn’t help to rival Batman in the department of terrifying glares, she gave a decent runner up.

“I’m not going to kill a poor defenseless animal or tear up this ship just because it scratched you. Your terrified him and frightened the poor thing.”

Diana instantly earned points in Nadia’s score book for her dedication to animal rights while losing them in Grandis’ book. So, Grandis instead kicked open the door and grabbed a broom from a crewmember quietly swabbing the deck outside of their personal mess, a dangerous glint in her eye.

“It’s hunting season!”

The chase across the Nautilus was long and filled with excitement and horror, equally rivaling both those that Batman had participated in while in Gotham City and the League’s madcap attempt to apprehend Floyd Lawton AKA Deadshot after his attempted assassination of Aquaman.

Grandis had been single-minded in her pursuit of Nadia’s lion cub, more or less alone in the thrill of the chase. Diana, Nadia, Sanson, and Hanson were all trying to restrain her, but the narrow corridors of the Nautilus made it difficult. Thid, coupled with Diana’s lingering injuries, prevented the Amazon from flying ahead to intercept Grandis.

Throughout this, no one seemed to notice the disappearance of the Dark Knight Detective. And as for Jean? Well, you know how easily distracted a young person can become when during the chase, they spot a door that their brains are telling them not to enter, but they dod so anyway. This was especially the case with a man -- or technically, a boy -- of science like Jean, who noticed that the air within the chamber leading from the door was charged with electricity.

His curiosity piqued, Jean descended down the steps slowly and cautiously until he had last reached a large, red door.

“Now what’s down there,” he wondered aloud; it was tempting to compare him to Alice in this situation, especially considering the discovery he was about to make at the bottom of the rabbit-hole once he stepped through the door. Just as with his first glance upon Gotham City’s champion, Jean was at a loss for words at the sight that greeted him.

He was in a large chamber with dim lighting. A strange apparatus was bolted in the center of the room, it’s exterior pulsing with energy or so Jean could swear. Though there was no way that Jean could have known it, the machinery in several regards resembled the horizontal warp core of the refit Starship Enterprise circa 2270.

But nothing lasts forever as he was brought out of his trance by a gray, flying furball that landed in his arms. It took him a moment to realize that it was King.

“So this is where you went to,” he said with a slight smile. It faded quickly as he surveyed the machinery in front of him once again.

“What could this be? It’s definitely not a generator. It must be an engine.”

“It is.”

Jean nearly leapt out of his feet at the sound of the voice. For a second, he thought it was Batman - after all, sneaking up on people seemed to be his specialty and private delight -- but he quickly discovered that it was not.

It was instead Captain Nemo.

“This is the heart of the Nautilus, Jean. This is the particle-annihilation engine.”

“Particle annihilation,” the boy asked, uncertain as to what Nemo was speaking of; for a boy of science, not knowing what someone was talking about in your particular field of mechanical engineering was kind of distressing.

“Inside, hy-- ”

He paused for a moment, holding up his hand for to silence Jean, his face turned towards the opposite side of the engine room.

“You might as well come out, you know.”

Jena looked around, confused. Why was the Captain speaking towards --

Oh.

A dark shadow had separated itself from the corners of the engine room, the light revealing it to be a certain pointy-eared vigilante known for his operations and exploits in a major American urban center, his surrogate family of personally-trained protégées, and a rather dastardly collection of scum and villainy that starched around the city corner.

“Batman!”

The Detective paid the boy no heed, instead focusing on the master and commander of the Nautilus.

“How did you know?”

A small smile played across Nemo’s face.

“I didn’t.”

Batman’s eyes narrowed, but he said nothing, joining them in starring at the article of machinery. He was all too used to bluffing; Dick had tried to get him to play poker on numerous occasions. He knew all of the tricks and rules, but primarily for criminal purposes, as evidenced by his dealings with the Royal Flush Gang.

As Nemo began speaking to Jean, Batman couldn’t help but glance at the engine core before him. A Particle-annihilation engine, Nemo had said. Jean didn’t understand it, but he did.

These people were using a fusion engine.

This was years beyond anything that nuclear physicists -- including those with WayneTech and Wayne Sciences -- had projected and built utilizing their own technology rather than the League’s Kryptonian technology salvaged from Brainiac’s various activities.

Fascinating.

“Out of my way,” Grandis yelled, the bloodlust in her eyes still burning brightly like a lighthouse in a dark and stormy sea, a lighthouse that now attracted a good number of the crew as well as Electra, who was now barricading herself across the hatch that Jean had entered earlier.

“Absolutely not; entrance into the Engine Room is strictly prohibited!”

“Oh, please, I just want to run in, look for the monster, then run out!”

Electra didn’t buy a word of it.

“I don’t care why you want to go in there because you are not going to go in there,” Electra retorted.

“Well, we’ll see about --”

“King,” Nadia cried out as King slipped through Electra’s feet, the young circus acrobat kneeling on the floor and scooping the lion cub into her arms, and chiding him for running away. All too quickly, however, she was suddenly aware of Grandis starring down at her.

“Nadia,” she said with forced sweetness, “hand over the Blue Wa -- I mean King, please.”

Like Electra, Nadia didn’t buy a word of it and she hugged King tightly. Grandis began to lose her patience.

“Give me that --”

“What’s going on?!”

Grandis paled at the sound of the man of her dreams and the look that he gave her once he emerged from the Engine Room alongside the Dark Knight. She kept thinking about that look for the next few hours as she and her boys -- against their protests in particular since they hadn‘t started the hunt -- were reduced to swabbing the inner decks by Nemo’s order

That didn’t mean she was giving up on making him hers, though.

The Nautilis, while capable of remaining submerged for extended periods of time, still required surfacing for the charging of her batteries and air supply. The process would take twenty-four hours and so, all crewmembers and guests had enjoyed the ocean breeze and the chance to stretch one’s legs.

One of the Nautilus’ crewmembers, however, did not appear during the daylight hours.

Later that evening, Batman stood on deck, overlooking, the darkened ocean and the stars above and around the all-purpose submarine. The Batman had been reprimanded by Electra for his unauthorized intrusion into the Engine Room, but Nemo had let him off the hook. He, Diana, and Nemo had spoken briefly following the commotion outside the Engine Room and he said he would work towards selecting positions for them onboard the Nautilus.

Nemo…

His thoughts kept going back to the submarine’s master and commander and what had occurred between the three of them in the Nautilus’ engine room. Nemo had spoken to Jean about the dangerous science and how the science of this ship, of the Nautilus, made it as much a savior as it was a killer.

“Science is responsible for the crimes created by the Tree of Knowledge,” he had said.

Batman could related to that statement. He knew all too well the dangers of technology being in the wrong hands. The Joker’s rampage through Metropolis six years earlier was one of his primary examples of that.

He silenced the chatter of his thoughts for a moment, listening to Jean and Nadia speak on the opposite end of the Nautilus. Jean was voicing his thoughts aloud to the acrobat he had rescued in Paris a month before.

“Yes, I believe this is a good ship because the Captain is a good man,” Jean was saying to Nadia.

Batman couldn’t help but reflect on that statement. One of the benefits of his acquisition of WayneTech prototypes in his ongoing quest was that such devices could not fall into the hands of those on the streets or in the military that would use it to their own twisted ends. If reckless zealots like Generals Hardcastle or Eilling got their hands on some of the devices that scientists both in his employ and from off world, there was no telling what damage could be done.

“Do you agree with them?”

He was suddenly aware of Diana standing next to him. He frowned, mentally kicking himself for allowing himself to become absorbed in his thoughts without concentrating on the surrounding environment. Too many hours spent with the sanctity of the Cave, he decided. Diana saw

“You’ve been listening?”

“As have you.”

She knew him too well and this trip through a parallel dimension was only going to make it worse. He blocked that thought and instead focused on an answer to Diana’s question. It wasn’t like her to debate philosophy with him; usually it was Superman that did it with him and than, prior to her departure, Shayera Hol with her.

“The technology is only as good as the people who use it. And from what I can see, the boy is right. This ship, its crew, its Captain are good people, ” he said at last.

She nodded in agreement, remaining as silent as her companion. Like Jean and Nadia on the opposite side of the Nautilus, they simply starred out at the vastness of the ocean and the stars, wondering what role they had to play in the conflict that both groups had both stumbled into and were now a part of, for better and for worse.

To be continued…

* The attempted assassination of Aquaman occurred in “The Enemy Below”.

* One of my main complaints against “Wild Cards” was that the Royal Flush Gang was not the aristocratic crime family we had been introduced to on Batman Beyond. For the sake of this story, I’m going to assume that the Joker ripped off the crime family’s motif for his Las Vegas stunt and not the other way around.
Last edited by JME2 on 2005-04-17 04:05am, edited 2 times in total.
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

First post! Yay, staying up until 3AM pays off!

Edit: read it. It was pretty good. I would've liked more action, but I can certainly understand that not every chapter can be filled with confrontation and combat. I'm not sure Batman would spend so much musing over the relatively simple philosphy that technology, like any tool or weapon, just is, and that it's the people who use them that determines whether they cause good or evil.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Trogdor wrote:First post! Yay, staying up until 3AM pays off!

Edit: read it. It was pretty good. I would've liked more action, but I can certainly understand that not every chapter can be filled with confrontation and combat.
Nothing I can do about that for another three chapters. There'll be some minor action in two chapters, then another outing of the Nautilus shortly after that; this is of course due to following the series-continuity.
Trogdor wrote:I'm not sure Batman would spend so much musing over the relatively simple philosphy that technology, like any tool or weapon, just is, and that it's the people who use them that determines whether they cause good or evil.
Well, as I see it, it's a fact that he knows all too well, one that's rooted in his psyche and history. Take the gun that killed his parents; it could easily have been used for defensive purposes. The Nautilus and its combat potential, as he saw during the assualt on Gargyole's island, is great depending on who uses it.

This also ties into one of my goals for the story, to expand on an idea I got from A Better World. I'm trying to delve into both Batman and Wonder Woman and focus on the characters, to delve into their core beliefs and ideals and how time in this alternate reality will either confirm or tear down some of those ideas. Batman's analysis of the Nautilus is simply a reflection of one of his core beliefs. As for Diana, an instance will be coming up in two chapter that will start her on that path.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lovely. My hands are getting calluses from seeing so much Bat-asskickery. More!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

YAY! You finally got it posted!

Great job, once again.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Repeat after me, from the top: The Justice League/Nadia signature will not die, the Justice League/Nadia signature will not die, etc... 8)

Now that I've got that out of the way, I would like to present what I truly feel, aside from some minor editing and polishing, the final JL/Nadia re-design. Enjoy:

Current Design:

Latest Re-Design
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Those are pretty good. The title of your fic is right over Gargoyle's face on the second one, though.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I know. This is simply the initial re-design idea; I'll be tinkering with it throughout the day.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Aha! I have done it! Laboring away within the bowels of my lair, I have forged the one signature -- to rule them all!!

I couldn't resist doing that.

And when I say rule them all, I of course refer to my Justice League/Nadia signatures. I honestly feel that aside from ocassional tweaking and polishing, there will be no further need to alter it after this. So, with that in mind, let us begin. Here is the current signature:

... And at long last, the one signature -- to rule them all!!

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I wasn't entirely happy with the way Nadia turned out in the last sig; her design wasn't a decent opposite for Jean. So, back to the online galleries I went, click went my mouse, etc., etc. and voila, a slightly modified version of the current revamp:

Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Much better. I like the new Nadia picture in this sig.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hey, JME2, you might consider repaying my rabid fandom by checking out my own fic :D
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

I'm aimimg for an update by this weekednd, but I can't promise anything. If all goes well, then we shall once again have that combination of nerdy, inventive kids, ancient secret societies, and yes, Bat-asskickery that keeps you coming back for more... 8)
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Why so silent, good Monsieurs?/
Did you think that I had left you for good?/
Have you missed me, good Monsieurs?/
I have written you an opera./
Here, I bring the finished score./
Don Juan Triumphant!/

Or, as it has been said before, you wanted it? You've got it!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Disclaimer: Batman created by Bob Kane, Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston. All three are owned by DC Comics. Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water created by Hayo Miyazaki, based upon characters created by Jules Verne, and owned by Gainax. I own the story and any original characters/species. No copyright infringement is intended.

Justice League/ Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water: Yesterdays and Tomorrows

As always, Enjoy!

Chapter X -- Shore Leave, Part 1

Like Ebenezer Scrooge to the spectral form of Jacob Marley, Captain Nemo had been good to his word. Two days after they had spoken in the engine room, an unused storage room had been given over as an extended loan to Batman and Wonder Woman. Electra had been the one to deliver the message -- with a hint of annoyance and resentment in her eyes and body language that Batman couldn’t help but take some slight satisfaction from.

In his playbook, you either found a way to work alongside Gotham’s champion or you got burned; it was as simple as that and a lesson that he had been forced to teach both his protégées and his allies in the League time and again (and would likely have to teach when -- and if; even he had to admit that possibility - they returned to their Earth).

That lesson would also have to be repeated if he found out who it was that, upon his returning from his quarters to fetch what few possessions he had on him, had strung a sign that said “Welcome to the Batcave” above the door. Under normal circumstances, an glimpse under an electron microscope and DNA analysis of the paper would be order in order to determine the perpetrator.

But these were anything, but normal times. He and the Amazing Amazon were not in their own world and he had a limited supply of his trademark weapons and technology at his disposal. And with the tech of Neo-Atlantis that Lord Gargoyle had at his disposal, he needed all the advantages they could get, even with the Nautilus‘ own science and the Amazon princess in his corner.

That hadn’t stopped him from compiling a list of possible suspects, though. And speaking of which, it appeared that at least two of the names. He has half-expected it to be Diana, but it was instead Jean and Hanson. Given their common ground in technological innovation, the two had become fast friends and when Jean was reading Electra’s technical manuals or talking with Nadia, he could be found with working with Hanson in the Nautilus’ docking bay on the Gratan.

“May we come in?”

Though he preferred his solitude in which to work -- which had caused Clark on more than one occasion to joke that they should just switch their respective lairs -- he conceded. He liked Jean, the young French boy reminding him again of a young Dick Grayson.

“What a night,” the mechanic sighed, his hands reaching for handkerchief and rubbing the sweat from his face.

“I know,” said Jean. “At least we’re in here and not out there.”

Batman’s interest was piqued.

“And what exactly is going on out there?”

Hanson and Jean looked at each other, then back to the Dark Knight.

“Well, Sanson kinda blew up at Captain Nemo during dinner.”

In addition to the storeroom, the Captain had also allowed the Nautilus’ guests to dine with them in the main mess. Batman was the only one who hadn’t accepted that offer, preferring instead to spend his time working in the storeroom. Diana usually brought him Grandis’ evening meal, as evidenced by the . She spent her own time divided between him, Nadia, and her latest position as aerobics instructor in the Nautilus’ gymnasium.

“Regarding what? Tactical disposition? Crew effectiveness?”

“Fish.”

Batman just starred at them for a very long moment, causing Hanson to sigh.

“You have to understand that Sanson’s the kind of guy who’s fond a good steak at least once a month. If you exceed that limit of time, then it’s like a pressure valve ready to blow. This fish diet hasn’t exactly helped him along.”

“And Nemo’s reaction to his little outburst?”

“All Nemo did was get up, put on his cap, and walk out,” Jean said.

Given how Grandis had all but stated to make Nemo hers, Batman had a pretty good idea of what had happened next.

“Leaving Sanson to face the wrath of your boss.”

Hanson shrugged.

“Why else do you think Jean and I high-tailed it out of there?”

Before Batman could reply, a crash emanated from outside the ‘Batcave’.

“Sounds like it finally spread out to here,” Hanson moaned as the mechanic, boy inventor, and Dark Knight Detective slowly opened the hatch to the storeroom and looked out .

Sanson was sprawled on the floor, looking as if he had seen the hand of God and covered it what was left of the meal Grandis was a few feet back, trying to lunge at him, but being restrained by Diana, who while nearly back to full strength was having slight trouble given the enormous willpower that Grandis seemed to possess. If John Stewart had been here, then he probably would have gotten on the horn to the Guardians of Oa, telling them about a potential initiate to the Corps. Jean looked at Batman once again.

“Do you think we should go out there and help?”

“No.”

The midnight shift aboard the Nautilus’ bridge usually didn’t start immediately at the precise time of midnight. Nemo preferred to have the bridge to himself for at least a few minutes. It gave him time to reflect on the day’s events and his life’s work, of everything that had been accomplished and everything he still had to do. Tonight, he starring out the protholes at the ocean depths, Electra beside him; she had tried to stop Grandis’s second rampage in as many nights, but it had been Diana who had succeeded where she had failed.

“You’re worried, aren’t you?”

Electra thought he was speaking of the enormity of the task ahead of them, of their lone stand against the overwhelming forces of Neo-Atlantis and the secret war that they alone were fighting.

“No, the ship is functioning well.”

“I was referring to our guests.”

“Oh.”

Electra was silent for a moment, trying to gather her words.

“They…they just need time to get used to life on board, sir.”

He reflected on this for a long moment, reflecting on the events of the last two weeks and of tonight in particular before coming to a decision.

“If there’s no sign of Gargoyle tomorrow, then we’ll dock for a hunting expedition. I will go as well.”

The XO nodded in agreement.

“Good idea, sir.”

Electra started to turn for the exit, then she stopped for a moment, looking back at her commander, who in turn glanced over his shoulder back at the XO.

“Hmm? Anything else.”

She sighed.

“No sir. Nothing more.”

The Nautilus’ sonar and electro-magnetic scans were unable to locate any trace or sign of Neo-Atlantean engine signatures, either from a Garfish-class submarine or a Calcharodon-class airship during the early hours of the morning. So, Captain Nemo’s directive was obeyed. A course was charted nearest uninhabited island and by noon, the all-purpose submarine had entered one of the island’s bays.

The bridge, like last night, was nearly deserted. However, the only occupants this time were Electra, the helmsman, and the chief engineer, all three of whom were required to oversee the Nautilus’ docking procedure.

“Power down the engines. Prepare to drop anchor,” Electra ordered from her station.

The helmsman nodded as he pulled one of the levers on his console down. The sound of grinding anchor-chains falling to the watery depths below filled the bridge.

“Anchors are down. The ship is secure.”

“Very good.”

She turned to speak into the ship-wide intercom.

“All crewmembers, prepare to disembark immediately.”

“Wow!”

On the main deck, Jean, Nadia, and Marie leaned against the railing and watched as score after score of Nautilus crewmembers load onto the motor boats.

“They’re

Nadia gave him a glare.

“But why? Wouldn’t you rather just sit in a drk library with Ms. Electra and all her books all day.

Nadia was angry at Jean not because he had run out when Grandis had gone into her second rampage last night, but rather he had been more absorbed in the manuals the Nautilus’ XO had given him rather than compliment Nadia on the dress that Grandis had modified for the circus acrobat. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, or so the man had said, though Jean had let to learn this lesson.

“Uh, I wasn’t planning on it.”

“That’s a surprise to us, isn’t it King?”

The lion cub, cradled in Nadia’s arms, purred in agreement. So, Jean looked out over the crewmembers once again. He then noticed something he hadn’t observed earlier.

“You know, I really had no idea that there were so many crewmembers living on board.”

For once, Nadia agreed with the young French inventor.

“I know. We don’t see anyone normally.”

“They obviously all come from different countries.”

“Yeah, it’s a wonder that so many different people of different races can all live peacefully together,” Nadia agreed, her own experiences in the Circus having showed her firsthand the dangers and stupidity of racism.

“So, you’ve discovered the secret of my utopia,” came a voice from behind them. The three children turned to see the tall form of Captain Nemo leaning against the railing, looking out on the ocean and the men and women dedicated to his cause.

“Each individual has a different way of viewing the world and each other. Sometimes this leads to fear of anything that is different from themselves and fear usually turns to hatred. That is why my crew is different from the rest of humanity. We’re all committed to a common purpose.”

“Common purpose?”

“To defend the world from the Neo-Atlanteans.”

“It truly is impressive,” came another voice behind Nemo. They all turned to now see that the latest visitor on the top deck was Princess Diana, still clothed in a Nautilus jumpsuit.

“Princess Diana.“

“Thank you, Captain. Your crew is very much like the League on our Earth. We too are dedicated to the defense of humanity and the guarding of peace and justice. It‘s not an easy task.”

That was an understatement, she thought. The League had been through two alien invasions, world disaster after world disaster, and a betrayal that had almost destroyed them. Yet, they were still intact, still fighting the good fight even without the Javelin-A or the Watchtower.

“Captain!”

The group was distracted

“Sir, team two is reporting that they’re having trouble moving some of the equipment onto the remaining boat.”

“I can get it,” Diana said. With little warning, the Amazon lifted off the deck and had flown towards the open cargo holds of the Nautilus. Within moments, two large crates of equipment and supply were flying through the air as the princess grasped them, and deposited them on the shore.

“Wow,” Jean said, causing Nadia to glare at him as Diana hovered alongside the railing, looking at the three children.”

“Will you permit me to take you ashore, then?”

Flying was not a concept that was foreign to Nadia. She had experience it twice in the last month, first when the Gratan had taken to the skies after the Grandis Grang had captured her in Paris a month before. The second time had been when they had fled the gang in Jean’s prototype aircraft, the Louis LaSeine VII -- prior to it having been shot down by trigger-happy Neo-Atlanteans

But whoever had said that the third time was the charm -- if indeed the phrase had been coined in this timeframe yet -- hadn’t expected to be flown less than a kilometer through the air from the deck of an all-purpose submarine onto firm land by a five-foot eleven inch Amazon princess.

Needless to say, like Sanson, Nadia had been happy to touch down on dry land again.

She was now in a clearing some distance from the submarine, with Diana and Grandis as company. Diana’s restraint of Grandis from the previous night was still fresh in her mind because she got the evil look from the ex-thief when she asked if she could talk and spend time with them.

True, it could be considered that she was hanging with the ‘girls’. On her Earth, she was currently the only female member of the League given the retirement of Shayera Hol following the failed Thanagarian invasion. And plus, she wanted to get to know Nadia better as she spoke with her, the girl changing into one of Grandis’ smaller bathing suits. Like Batman was to crime, that woman seemed to be prepared for any fashion disaster or event.

“I still can’t believe that they’re aren’t just a figment of mythology,” Nadia was saying to the Amazon princess.

“My colleagues felt the same way when we first formed the League.”

Grandis, changing into a bathing suit that was far too racy for the 1890’s -- at least in Diana’s humble opinion, though she could be biased; her record on the rather skimpy nature of twenty-first century female swim wear was a matter of record on her Earth -- was actually intersted

“So, you’re essentially saying that that the Greek Gods do truly exist.” she asked.

“Yes.”

“Well, is there some way to invoke a blessing from, oh, what’s here name, Venus?”

Gods, just like with the clothes, this woman was as obsessed about Captain Nemo as Batman was about avenging his long-dead parents. But Diana let the thought slide.

“Aphrodite. And the answer would be not without a sacrifice of some kind.”

“Animal?” asked Grandis slowly, the wheels in her head turning. Nadia grew angry.

“Don’t even think about it!”

“What? I wasn’t thinking about sacrificing your pet lion cub.”

“Yes you we--”

Nadia trailed off in mid-sentence, her gaze drawn upwards to the topmost ledge, causing Diana and Grandis to follow her gaze.

There was Sanson, who was apparently a masochist or enjoyed receiving pain from Grandis’s hand since gazing at her in this manner and place would result in the most violent of retributions from his boss. But Nadia’s attention was focused on an constantly-apologetic, trembling Jean, located to the side of the man. She could instantly tell that Jean hadn’t meant to crawl up to the ledge.

“I…I…didn’t…know…”

That didn’t matter to Nadia, though.

Nadia, trembling herself, took one hand and covered her half-naked body. With the other, she grabbed a medium-sized rock from the ground. Grandis joined here with one of her shoes. But they failed to throw them as Diana beat them to the punch, the fallen tree that they been sitting on a moment before now flying through the air towards Jean and Sanson, like a billiard cue to its balls.

Both of them dodged the projectile, but went flying through the air away from the crevice like bowling pins struck by the ball. Grandis and Nadia were silent for a long moment, gazing at where their male counterparts had been a moment before and then back at Diana.

“Good shot,” Grandis said at last, a look of sincere amazement and respect on her face for the Amazon Princess.

“Whatever it is, it can --”

Hunched over his desk, the Dark Knight cut himself off in mid-sentence -- a rarity that Tim Drake, had he been there, would have given a month’s worth of allowance to see -- as he saw that it was neither Diana or Jean or even Electra that had knocked upon and entered his ‘Batcave’.

It was instead Captain Nemo.

“Captain.”

The master and commander of the Nautilus nodded at the Batman, then gazed at the workspace. Charts, schematic diagrams, metal fillings, and half-eaten meals dotted the four corners of the makeshift Batcave.

“I see you’re making good use of the storeroom,” he said wryly. He then looked seriously

“I’d have thought you’d be out and about a chance to enjoy dry land and sunshine.”

“I have work to do.”;

“Indeed.”

He glanced over to the Batman’s side at chemistry set, a strange brew boiling under the Bunsen burner and within the beakers.

“That’s a foam adhesive designed for rapid immobilization of intruders or combatants. Because not all of the ingredients either exist or are carried on board the Nautilus, I’d have to primacies.

Nemo continue to stare at the brew.

“You said immobilize, not kill?”

“Yes. I fully believe in the use of non-lethal determents.”

Nemo considered this for a moment.

“They’ll be useless if you’re fighting this war with us.”

Gotham’s champion starred at him.

“Excuse me?”

“Gargoyle would not hesitate to kill my crew in heartbeat. And I suspect the same would apply to you because of what happened back on the island.”

“I face threats of death on a nightly basis in Gotham. Your Gargoyle is just the latest in a line that’s forming around the corner.”

“Gargoyle is not a foe to envy. He is a dangerous and cunning individual.”

“So am I.”

There was a tense moment as the Dark Knight and the Nautilus’ captain as the two starred coldly at each other. Nemo was the one to break it.

“The boats will continue to run well into the night should you change your mind about the shore leave,” he said as he closed the storeroom hatch, leaving the Batman once again to his work.

It wasn’t until after sundown that Batman had finally decided that even he needed to get out of the ‘Batcave’ if but for a short time. Since Nemo had loaned him the storeroom, he emerged only at the wee hours of the morning and night, to perform his daily exercises. Even he had to admit, though, to set foot on solid ground again, a feeling that he experienced every time the Javelin-A had made runs back and forth from the Wachtower.

Or rather, it had been until he had heard not once, but twice a sound that had haunted him since that fateful night in Gotham City’s notorious crime alley.

Gunshots.

His hands on the compartments of his utility belt, Batman ran into the night.

Over the crackling of the bonfire, Diana, Nadia, Marie, and Grandis had been exchanging stories as Sanson, Jean, Hansons, and a good chunk of the Nautilus crew had ventured off for parts unknown. Diana had been hesitant to label it as a girl’s night out, but it had been a good chance to propel those newfound positive feelings from the fleeing of Jean and Sanson earlier forward.

At least they had been until the two gunshots had gone off.

Grandis had instantly gone into defensive mode, her revolver brought up and cocked. Diana’s arms were raised, the sleeves pulled back to reveal her bracelets ready to deflect any projectiles. D

The good news was that it was the hunting party, led by an anxious Sanson, which had returned and which had been successful in its expedition. They had found fresh fruits, herbs, and other natural resources with which would provide a respite from the daily diet of fish.

The bad news was that Sanson had gotten his wish and in his thirst for meat other than fish, had brought down a deer. Personally, she didn’t know if Artemis would look fondly on this hunter or have him suffer the same fate as Actaeon. But, again, she had to respect the needs and hunger of her companions and was tempted to let it go. She didn’t, however, because of the other reason as to why she considered this bad news.

Nadia was starring at the baby deer, her form shaking almost uncontrollably.

Uh oh.

“How can you be so proud? It’s just a baby! Doesn’t the sight of it make you ashamed of yourselves?”

No one responded, hesitating at a proper response. But their silence in turn caused Nadia to finally lose it.

“I can’t believe I ever trusted any of you!”

Without any warning, the young female acrobat took off away from the camp, King leaping from Marie’s arms and join his master.

“Wait, Nadia,“ Jean yelled as he began to move forward after her.

“No,” said a voice behind him, a hand gently touching his shoulder. He looked up to see it was Diana.

“Let her work this out by herself, Jean.”

On the ground about half a kilometer from the campsite, Nadia was curled in fetal position, rocking back and forth slowly, crying softly..

“Nobody tries to understand what I say to them. None of them want to hear me.”

From behind her, King cautiously approached. He purred softly beside Nadia, trying to comfort her.

“No, get away from me. Go away,” she almost yelled as she pushed King almost violently away from her.

“I lived alone all my life and I can keep living alone. I was meant to be that way!”

Despondent, King began slowly walking back in the direction of the campsite for a few seconds, only to find himself pulled into Nadia’s arms.

“I’m so sorry King. Please forgive me!”

The lion cub purred again and nuzzled his head against Nadia, trying to comfort her.

“I couldn’t bear to be so lonely, Ki--”

Nadia was cut off as the Blue Water, still around her neck, suddenly began glowing and humming as it had done before, both during her earlier years and in the month since she had first met Jean atop the Effiel Tower in Paris. She gazed out at her surroundings, unsure of what had set off the jewel.

“There’s something out there. Something I don’t want to see.”

Had Nadia and King not turned and slowly moved further down the beach, they may have caught the slightest hint of movement from the shadows of the trees. If King had not been so focused on comforting Nadia, he would probably would have smelled it, if not for the olfactory blockers that the Batman used on his person.

From the trees, had seen everything: Her self-loathing, the solitary with which she surrounded herself with, the driving off of those closest to her. And for a Dark Knight who had accepted a realistic rather than optimistic view on the evils of the world and its cultures so as to not be surprised, this outburst genuinely troubled him.

Perhaps Batman had been wrong about this girl. Perhaps they did indeed have more in common than either one of them possibly realized.

But something else troubled him in addition to this. Jean had said that the Blue Water responded to dangerous situations, acting as a precognition to trouble. If so, what had it been reacting to? Him? Or was there something or someone else on the island besides the Nautilus’ crew?

To be continued…

Author’s Notes
* When I said secret war, I was not intending to make reference to the 1980’s Marvel series. Just for clarification on my part.

* Diana’s height comes from the official DC site.

* Artemis in this case is, of course, the Virgin Goddess of the Moon, twin sister of Apollo. I say this because readers may have confused her with the comics Artemis, or rather the Artemis of the Bana-Mighdall, the so-called "Lost Tribe of Amazons."
Last edited by JME2 on 2005-04-17 04:06am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

What a great way to spend the last 30min at work, reading a great story.
That's just what I needed today. :)

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

LadyTevar wrote:What a great way to spend the last 30min at work, reading a great story.
That's just what I needed today. :)
Always glad to be of service, m'lady (I kid, I kid). :) 8)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lovely. Now read MY works!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Lovely. Now read MY works!

Patience my pretty, patience. :twisted:

Let me craft one more chapter of Batman asskickery, and then it will be done. Do you want me to follow the link in your sig or do you have another story you'd recommend.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Another chapter? Goody goody.

As for my fics, they're in this forum, first page.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

I must stop by and compliment you on this fiction. It is a great one :wink:

I have been able to follow the story arc despite the fact that I don't know much about both series. I only saw some episodes of Nadia many years ago when it was aired in Romania and the same can be said about Batman or Justice League. But I do onjoy a good story and such is this one as well as TBOBW.

Keep up the good work.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Thanks for your interest. :)

When I began the project, I knew that by starting so early in the case of the Nadia timeline, I would essentially be re-telling the series, albeit with Justice League characters now a part of it. It has been my go to throw in subtle hints and references to the Nadia fans while at the same time build up these mysteries for those unfamiliar with the series

As for the conclusion of the cliffhanger from this chapter, I tried to get it done over the weekend, but my schedule, a day trip with old family friends, and musings of a brief followup to JLU's The Doomsday Sanction blew that out of the water. I'll more than likely have the next chapter up this weekend. Thanks as always guys!