the four types of LOTR fans

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

the four types of LOTR fans

Post by Jason von Evil »

"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Hehehe.

I love Ctrl-Alt-Del. Read it religiously. :D
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I am afraid of how true that is... :shock:
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, I do have live steel, but apart from that I rate a yellow. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

I rate between a green and a yellow. I'm not yellow because I'm not a fanatic and I don't give a damn about the changes, but I know many of the details that other more casual fans don't.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
The Silence and I
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Silence and I »

I rate...hm, I'm not a fanatic per se, I can deal with the changes (and I know of nearly all of them large and small) so not really a yellow, but I almost worship the movies so that seems somewhat higher than a green.

green--Cyran--Me--Yellow? That might work. If it is ok to not mind the changes but still be a fanatic I'd call myself a yellow though.
"Do not worry, I have prepared something for just such an emergency."

"You're prepared for a giant monster made entirely of nulls stomping around Mainframe?!"

"That is correct!"

"How do you plan for that?"

"Uh... lucky guess?"
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

<--- Green (thank god)
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

It's funny, but the leap from Green to Yellow is too large. I mean really there is only small bits that even change between Yellow, Red, and the fucknut at the end.

It's okay, but I've seen them do better with identifying fanatics with a better version of the highs and lows.

I know campers who didn't have Yellow knowledge.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Ghost Rider wrote:It's funny, but the leap from Green to Yellow is too large. I mean really there is only small bits that even change between Yellow, Red, and the fucknut at the end.

It's okay, but I've seen them do better with identifying fanatics with a better version of the highs and lows.

its absurd and thats what makes it funny (imo)
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

wautd wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:It's funny, but the leap from Green to Yellow is too large. I mean really there is only small bits that even change between Yellow, Red, and the fucknut at the end.

its absurd and thats what makes it funny (imo)
It's not the absurdity I'm complaining about. It's the leap.

So let's put this way to even make this board in general feel good. Four level of Star Wars.

1. Green: I like Attack of the Clones...and Revenge looks cool.

2. Yellow: Now we know it's absolutely impossible utilizing Style II that Count Dooku weilds as his major style to perform that manuver, instead he should have shifted his stance to a more pliable Stage 3.

3. Red: I must see Revenge...FUCK THE WEATHER!!!

4. Psycho: Wields real life lightsaber.

All I'm saying as C-A-D has done before for fan/fanatics, this is a poor job compared to their other demonstrating difference between fans, nuts, and the fanwhores.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Hah! I am only green!
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Ghost Rider wrote:2. Yellow: Now we know it's absolutely impossible utilizing Style II that Count Dooku weilds as his major style to perform that manuver, instead he should have shifted his stance to a more pliable Stage 3.
Actually Style III is the defensive one, not very pliable... you'd want four. :wink:

Yeah I know you were making a point, but I couldn't help myself.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Captain_Cyran wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:2. Yellow: Now we know it's absolutely impossible utilizing Style II that Count Dooku weilds as his major style to perform that manuver, instead he should have shifted his stance to a more pliable Stage 3.
Actually Style III is the defensive one, not very pliable... you'd want four. :wink:

Yeah I know you were making a point, but I couldn't help myself.
LOL

Yeah, I gotcha. Honestly my beef is that Red and Yellow should've been switched, because in my time of seeing ticket waiters and being one, I found more just fans and less rabid(except those being the first 10 in line).

Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Then theres those of us that saw parts of the first one and never bothered to go see the rest.... :oops:
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

With LotR, I'm a yellow. I bitched near-constantly throughout the movies about every tiny change from the books. :)

With SW, I'm between a red and a total psycho fucknut (although closer to the red). :lol:
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Shark Bait
Padawan Learner

Post by Shark Bait »

I dated a girl who ranged from yellow through red to dear god get this kid some therapy. ya know in hind sight was this really a good idea for a chrismass/birthday present.
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and unlimited power.
"Your socks are high and your jell-o is carnavorous" ~ the diamond smuggler
A friend will call you in Jail. A good friend will visit you in Jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you in Jail saying..."THAT WAS AWESOME!" ~ Nick "God" Traxler

“Chief Director and demolitions expert for the Anti-Zombie Task Force”
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Shark Bait wrote:I dated a girl who ranged from yellow through red to dear god get this kid some therapy. ya know in hind sight was this really a good idea for a chrismass/birthday present.
High carbon steel? So I'm guessing that thing's no wall-hanger... Erm... Possibly not. :P Does she know what she's doing with it?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Well, for SW I'm Green/Red...
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Green, never read the books, but the movies were badass

Loads VX-23 Deathcaster 4.8mm Assault Rifle
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

I'm of the "I couldn't wait to watch all three, but after the first 2 hours my butt was asleep and couldn't wait for it to be over". What does that make me?
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Yellowish for LotR, Green for SW.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

I wonder what color the forum trekkies would be?
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Then theres those of us that saw parts of the first one and never bothered to go see the rest....
And when the revolution comes, you types will be culled.

Me? I'm an orange. I have a vast library of details... however, I couldn't give a flying fuck about any "changes" to the story if I tried.
The Great and Malignant
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

Funny, and it has a great sig line.
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

I'd probably rate between Green and Yellow. I know a fair ammount of details from the book but only really complained about the unreasonable changes. I mean it's one thing to fix up this or that so it's more interesting/better for movies but come on, you need fucking tom bombadil. He kicked ass!