The nice thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

As usual in threads like this We must express Our everlasting (platonic, damn you!) love for Our alt kameraden from ASVS, and Our everlasting refined contempt for the following hordes of SD.net untermenschen.

The following untermensch shall however receive the glorious blessing of being mentioned in this minor dispatch from the Domain of Felicity:

I. Zaia, IB, Mayabird, and Broomstick, as friends or intelligences or both.

II. Frank Hipper for having been saved by the Word of Nikademus (the Golden Twinkee is victorious!) and thus being made exempt from contempt by this miraculous occurrence.

III. Kuja, for there is hope in the fact that he does not possess a thrice-cursed LiveJournal.

IV. Coyote, for meritous acts in the service of the Domain of Felicity.

V. Those individuals who have mentioned the Name of the August Presence in this thread.

VI. Such conservatives, military personnel, and gun nuts as I shall retrieve from Purgatorio to serve as my Lifeguard Company on the Day of the Illumination of Wisdom.

VII. Sundry other personages who have demonstrated a meritous concern for the interests of the Domain of Felicity but who are beneath the notice of Our August Presence, and who thus shall be ascended to the Domain of Felicity to serve as eunuchs under the Grand Domestic of the palace for all-time after the Day of the Illumination.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

For those I know personally...

Howedar: You are a nice guy, thanks for putting up with me.

The Silence and I: Wow... another nerd I can interface with. They arent very common at ASU, most of them are "Bsuiness for now" majors

SharkBait: Dude... *rattles off events of the last three years* and I like cheese because chickens have GIBLETS. oh and despite what you may say, you are a Jack catholic

For those I dont

Nitram: Your accent is awesome, and your gnome speak frightens me

Tev: One of the best role-players ever

Rogue9: Backtabbing FOR JUSTICE. Nuff' said.

Admiral Valdemar: You are really awesome to bio babble with. I still read that paper on the black death you sent me.

Marcao: Hello lovelies*huggles*

Thirdfain: Not only are you cute, but you are also EVIL. Great combination

Captain CYran: You ned to come here and The SIlence and I, and..I, will take you to see awonderful pair of boobies.

SHep: Cute and cuddely, like some sort of homicidal teddy bear.

Innerbrat: You are the living embodiment of the childhood fantasy of most of the people on the board. We salute you.

Durandal:just about everyone in GALE wishes you were bi

Frigidmagi: You may be a paranoid ex-marine. But you are OUR paranoid ex-marine(speaking of the ASU mafia)

More coming as I think of them
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote: VII. Sundry other personages who have demonstrated a meritous concern for the interests of the Domain of Felicity but who are beneath the notice of Our August Presence, and who thus shall be ascended to the Domain of Felicity to serve as eunuchs under the Grand Domestic of the palace for all-time after the Day of the Illumination.
*cracks open my handy Dutchess to English dictionary, eyes widen, runs off to find an armor plated jockstrap.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Well normaly people either ignore or hate me, here everybody has treated me as a human and greatfull about that (and I'm not in a church or drunk).

special mentions for Lord Wong (for making this all possible) and members of the Mess.

(and now it's time return to my bitter self :twisted: :wink: .)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Col. Crackpot wrote:*cracks open my handy Dutchess to English dictionary, eyes widen, runs off to find an armor plated jockstrap.
I do believe you're covered under this section.
VI. Such conservatives, military personnel, and gun nuts as I shall retrieve from Purgatorio to serve as my Lifeguard Company on the Day of the Illumination of Wisdom.
I'm doubly in, for having mentioned her name and being a gun nut. I'll be keeping my powder dry, although I'm entirely uncertain as to what the big show will be about.

*shrugs*

So long as the Lifeguard Company gig entails three squares and a bunk, I'm happy.
moku
Jedi Knight

Post by moku »

Sorry - i've been offline. Okay, let's see:

Petrosjko, Stofsk, fgalkin and Lus - for the Knights of the Garter fun.

Lus again - for offering to take me in off the streets once in Melbourne.

darthdavid - helpin me out with some stuff here and there.

Rogue 9 - showing me SDN in the first place.

fgalkin - leading the chronicles and allowing me to join that team.

Gandalf - those nice convos on im.

Shadow - sticking around on im as well.

Ace Pace - same thing; it's nice to talk to you.

Zaia - showing me LJ, and being friendly as usuall.

Mike - of course for creating this spiffy place - and for those great essays, as well as the fundie dictionary. :)

And the others:

Alyeska - ST knowledge. Lots and lots of it. Very handy.

Stravo - laughs here and there.

MKSheppard - laughs as well.

Dalton - spiffy admin.

bohemianfey - that thread still exists? Whoa... Great artistic skills.

And everyone else I missed by accident. Great place to be. :P
Image | And ffs I'm a guy | Kaffee und Kuchen | SD.net Chroniclers | Knight of the Garter Image

[+] Wikipedia - The free encyclopedia
[+] Wombat, my blog
Contact @ mokuias {at} gmail {dot} com
bohemianfey
Jedi Master
Location: Love wench in SDnet's polygonal - sex based reltionship

Post by bohemianfey »

First off, The Kernel he looks like a lumberjack (I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, I work all night and I sleep all day) but I love him anyway.

Red Imperator I can honestly say is one of my dearest and most trusted friends and I'm honored to have him hold me in the same regard.

Durandal The other member of the rat pack - we don't always see things eye to eye and I like that. I :luv: Damien and his quasi-homosexual self.

Keevan I love you dude, your crazy and it's sweet. We need to talk more.

Coaan We don't talk half as much as I'd like, I miss you. You're still one of my best friend after all of these years and you still have a special place with me.

Now with those five out of the way I'm just going to list people.

Mike

Stravo

Chardok

XaLEv

Tasoth

xBlackFlash

Col. Crackpot

Rogue 9

InnerBrat

Cyran

Gandalf

Superman

Utsanomiko

Spanky

I think that's all my lovers, but if I forgot you, suck it up you whiney bitch.
| GALE | Society of Sisters: No Boys Allowed | Keepers of the Lore | Mecha Maniacs | The Rat Pack: Frank "Blue Eyes" Sinatra | Minister of Sexy | ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!! |
"I give into sin because I like to practice what I preach."
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Alright, I've finally gotten around to it, so here we go:

Agent R: Longtime reader of The Best of Both Worlds. Good guy.

Batman: I think our earlier posts in the thead pretty much sums it up... :lol:

Comosicus: Recent initiate into The Best of Both Worlds . I don't know you that well, but I'mn glad you're enjoying the story.

Crazed Wraith: Fellow The Best of Both Worlds veteran and a funny guy to be teased by/with alongside Rob Walpher.

darthdavid: When not going into Hulk hysterics, he is a reader of The Best of Both Worlds and a good guy.

Lady Tevar: Fellow DCUA fan and reader of Yesterdays and Tomorrows.

Rob Walpher: Ah, yes, our resident Borg fan-whore-turned-Sith (I kid, I kid :twisted: ) Reader of The Best of Both Worlds and over all a friendly and funny guy.

Rogue 9: Truly funny guy who introduced me to The One Ring series and who frquents my artwork thread.

Shroom Man 777: Fellow Batman fan and reader of Yesterdays and Tomorrows (and I will get around to reading your fic; I promise 8) )

Spanky The Dolphin: Despite our initial getting off on the wrong foot, he's a good guy who he's helped me make several anime-related decisions and a fellow Transformers fan to chat with.

Stravo: When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the...oh wait, I'm still the learner; never mind. :lol: Good guy and a great writer; love The Twilight War.

Trogdor: Like Cosmicus, recent initiate into both The Best of Both Worlds and Yesterdays and Tomorrows.

If I've forgotten anyone, you will be mentioned at the earliest possible moment.
egyptfrk
Padawan Learner

Post by egyptfrk »

Humm...
Obviously Wong for the creation of this place
Zaia just rocks and thanks again for the email help!
Dalton rocks, cause he's a cool admin like that
And last but not least....CmdrWilkens :luv:
There's too much blood in my caffiene system!
When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade other countries.
Image SoS:NBA Because boys are icky
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Y'all people are an interesting bunch. Hard to say anything specific since we don't get along *that* well, maybe if I contributed more to the forums... nah ;)

I wouldn't mind IMing a few of you or something but I'm somewhat terrified of being labeled a stalker, so I just stick to the chatroom.

From the top of my head,

Lindar, you're fun
Keevan, you rock
Raxmei, elheru, you're cool
innerbrat, you were nice but then you stopped visiting
chardok, report to the motherfuckin' nooch ;)
supe^T^T^T^T
Frank Hipper, for once saying I'm underrated :P
Spanky, you're ok, you love anime, but I don't mind. Except for Cowboy Bebop, it does rock.

Well, there are a few other people I can't remember right now. The forgotten. You're the backbone of society and all that. Without you, internet wouldn't be the same, here's looking at you kid.

Cheers. Viva La Internets.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

How could I forget Sean Robertson? A supernice guy, which given his most recent choice in avatars, is highly ironic:

:lol:
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Yeah, I have to say you're pretty damn good. As is Lord Zentai.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Stofsk wrote:Yeah, I have to say you're pretty damn good. As is Lord Zentai.
Robert Walper wrote:Lord Zentei
Thanks for telling me I'm an okay guy. Never hurts to have a friendly voice letting you know you're not all bad. Smile
Thanks guys. :)
Lusankya wrote:Hey, I didn't say it had to be about people on this board, did I?
Well in that case, I'll name:

James Randi, Michael Shermer and Stephen Barrett, champions in the fight against pseudoscience.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Ooh, people I like.

Lusankya: She is not only amazingly attractive but a great person to talk to when I'm up in the middle of the morning stressing over work I failed to acknowledge a day before the deadline. Sadly, is on the other side of the globe. Plus side, she has offered to fly me over to see her. Huzzah!

Stofsk: Fun guy. Again, another Aussie which makes meeting a lot harder in reality, but always online when I come on at insane hours also to chat about matters of national security, and Babylon 5 which I know nothing about.

Ghost Rider: Has a hell of an avatar which I imagine is what he looks like in real-life, only more kickass. Offers loads of support when I need it for moderating procedures and silly questions like “what does the 'lock thread' button do?” and why can't I delete this user off the Interweb.

PainRack: A fellow SB'er long before SDN came about. Always enjoyed chatting to him about military matters since, for all my clout on the matter, I probably know fuck all having not served anywhere. Always enjoy much more the topics of his which involve many a scantily clad Asian beauty.

The_Lumberjack: The best thing about this guy is that he's at the same uni as me and thus that makes him rock automatically. Is doing a science other than the one I'm doing, but is saved from being cast off in disgust because he is the Moose Rebellion leader. Am still awaiting to see a moose in Lancaster, laddie.

Chardok: Another smashing military guy. Reminds me of R. Lee Ermey, but that maybe because of the avatar rather than his motivational skills. I expect he eats civvies like me for breakfast and then uses the bones for something, perhaps building an M60 replica or something. Has respect for being a generally fun guy and also willing to quit smoking for me.

Rye: Another Brit, he has helped me more than a few times in my quest to rid the world of ignorance. Seemingly knows no boundary when it comes to ways of defeating logical errors and lying bastards. Has a freaky avatar that, once again, makes me think he's an anthropomorphic orange more than anything else. I strive to be as knowledgeable and androgynous as this sir/madam.

SyntaxVorlon: Known him for a long time, fellow Culture Vulture which earns my Seal of Approval and is the only other guy cocky enough to have a signature with “Outside Context Problem” referenced in it. Because I'm nice, I allow it because otherwise I'd be annoying an otherwise dedicated Banks follower with some great debating skills.

Uranium235: Apparently named after an element, this guy is another SB'er of days gone by. Always interesting to read his posts (when he does post which seems less often now). Certainly got an opinion on many things which intrigues and is also a Core supporter. No Arm scum in my good list!

Crown: Hasn't visited me on his tour of Europe. Makes me mucho sad, but at least he is still posting online. Am in awe at his... sig banner.

Dalton: A real New Yorker. Funny fact, I was writing an SDN fanfiction and was going to have Dalton as the main star, or most likely, as the comic relief. Likes doughnuts apparently and as I do too, that has to be worth something;. A great help to me on the board and if I could catch him on MSN, he'd probably be a worthy person of chatting to when I'm suffering insomnia. Likes the comedy I like, which is great. The Daltonator site is a web institution too, something to admire.

Durandal: He likes 24 and has a devilishly cool avatar and thread lock image which is from an amazing game I have never played. Seemingly the Yin (or Yang?) to RedImperator, though could swear these guys were brothers. Hilarious mind and insightful posts with great insults galore. Wish I could talk to him online about stuff (mainly 24), but feel inadequate. Maybe when I have become more enlightened.

RedImperator: See Durandal. Haha, only kidding. Although his obsession with “foot ball” is perplexing, his witticisms and ability to sniff out 'tards and bullshit like some sort of bloodhound mean he is a valuable asset to my empire... friend list, my friend list. I wish him well with his novel which is stuck in a time-warp of sorts and look up to him as a bigger, more American brother. Probably shares 99.99% of genetic material with Durandal.

The Yosemite Bear:I can't understand what the fuck he types half the time, but it's typically funny shit (if not intentional). Known him for a time too, so even after all this time, him surprising me with another bastardisation of a popularly misspelled word is an amazing feat. Envy him for living near such a beautiful part of the world.

NecronLord: One more Culture Vulture and well known person. Has great debating skills in OSF and handy to ask a favour of if someone needs oppressing in that forum (or anywhere). Vouched for me as a mod, allegedly, but all the same, sees me as being worth more than dirt. Share the same interests in books and series, but hate him for meeting Banks; a personal idol. The cad.

Stravo: Admittedly, I haven't read any of his works, although I'm sure they're veritable Pulitzer magnets. Has an amazingly curious mindset, which even I can only hope for now. Could be a sign of mental retardation rather than brilliance, but who knows? I'll say brilliance so he doesn't write anything bad about me which becomes a best-seller. Is a law person, which means he has balls, I think.

Keevan_Colton: Haven't chat to him online for a while, but always was happy to answer any questions he had or discuss subjects which cropped up from nothing. Is another worthy Brit ally and a Horseman. Supah!

fgalkin: Since the untimely demise of Gabooz,I have longed for another resident mad Russian expatriate. And here we are! Although not renowned for his poking tanks or plagiarised penguin webcomic, he is certainly a real asset and supports me in the big bad world of moderating. Another Horseman and, at the risk of being a tad cheesy, comrade in arms.

phongn: Has a funny name that my brother seems to like. Knows more than I on military matters, but has an unusual fetish for Nike Zeus missiles. Always online when I need to talk to him about matters, even if he rarely responds within hours. Always online when I'm doing other things and he wants to tell me about something I missed on the board that is delightfully humorous. Wish I could visit his orangey state.

Chris Ofarrell: Spelling niggles aside (for I am a pedant), he has found at least one of my many thousands of posts insightful and funny enough to sigify. Lives down under, but is in the HAB often enough, which is nearly as good as visiting, except lack of sunshine. Likes SG-1 and has all the series on DVD, so I hear. Would be handy should I want to watch all of SG-1 and maybe in order to boot.

The Shep: Certifiable.

The Duchess: Known under many other pseudonyms, but I'll stick with this one. Tried to work against my Culture influence on ASVS some years ago, but failed (or so I like to think). Is a great history buff, if a little too psychotic in reality. Likes the girls more than the boys, but I'm sure I hold a place in her heart as she does mine. If not, we can duel using antique swords and decide the winner.

Vympel: Mad down under person who should've been a Russian, but was born in Greece, or something like that. Can't get enough of his Russian military articles for the most part. Has helped me elsewhere on the net to thwart the forces of ignorance in military matters and is thoroughly enjoyable to read, especially when arguing with his “bitch”.

Zaia: Ah, Ms. Zaia. The rose of the board, or some other flower, most of the time. Probably a rampant sex goddess the rest of the time, I mean, teachers love the authoritah and Valdemar loves girls that love that power. Is fun to have dialogue with on the board, must chat over IM one day, but will I resist her significant charm? We shall see...

Ma Deuce: I somehow see Chardok here again, but more of a Browning fan than normal. Again, fun in the HAB and elsewhere, will be valuable for future attacks on military ignorance. Always handy to have

Sea Skimmer: The GREAT LEADER is the one who accepted me into the glorious HAB and has educated me on the matters of military knowledge for a time now. I strive to become as well knowledgeable as he is in such things and from the few talks on AIM, to have as wacky a mind in creating new contraptions of war. Always a help when I've forgotten a particular military acronym or when I need backing for an insane war machine.

Shinova: The Space Cadet always has plenty of cute avatars for me to steal and use elsewhere. This is a good thing, so two thumbs up. He must remember that he is a mere Space Cadet though, which he often forgets. Reminds me of my brother for some reason, probably a bonus, I think.

Mr Bean: A true national treasure, but his spelling still sucks like Yosemite Bear's, though this is offset by the fact that his anecdotes from service are always good and his opinions always worth taking time out from life to read. Likes Catbert, so must have an evil touch which is to be admired.

bohemianfey: Gorgeous eye candy and fun to talk to online. She has a tendency of pouncing on me in chats, though I long for that to occur in reality. Course, I can always dream...

Col. Crackpot: He's obnoxious, but also funny and good in debates around N&P. I like his MG3 sig banner, because it IS the best machine-gun ever. I think he's funny.

SirNitram: An ex-Brit in some ways, his lovely significant other and his wit play a large part in me liking him. Although he can be a little hasty in smacking down trolls, it's always with comical results (for us, not the trolls).

LadyTevar: Nitram's other half and a real nice gal. Certainly a model wife if she likes 8-Bit Theatre and probably looks like a zillion dollars. I enjoy it when she posts in ways that were obviously influenced by Nitram's British heritage.

Pablo Sanches: Need more of him on SDN. Funny on ASVS, funny on SDN. Need more of him. I like his The Good, The Bad & The Ugly avatars especially.

weemadando: From some obscure place on the arse end of the planet, but still despite this fact has high morale and posts some funny shit online. Not listened to his radio show, but it's probably a riot if it's half as good as his posts.

Joe: Prefer to avoid any political chat, so stick with animé mostly. His love of Ghost in the Shell is helpful given it got me into the series and manga. On the whole, an interesting read if I do say so myself.

Stormbringer: A cool WH40k fan (is there any other type?) with a penchant for debate in most everything on the board. Another resident animé fan and always helpful in showing me what series I'm missing out on. For the Emperor!

Gil Hamilton: The birdy rocks! I love reading his posts too for the most part, always a plus.

Mayabird: A friendly poster and one who enjoys science it would seem. A lot more Mayabirds would be welcome in this world I reckon.

Superman: Without this rather intriguing individual, I wouldn't have my own pink foam gag over at MT.com which is now web famous (for those that want evidence of the lack of IQ points over at that board). A wrestler, he seems to be the exception to my common belief that wrestlers are dull, weird and psychotic...

Coyote: Not seen him much lately due to his time abroad, but from what I always remember, is a well-versed forces guy I liked to read and opened my eyes to what has really been going on in Iraq.

Einhander: Odd at first, his hyperactive antics grew on me and I found most of his colourful posts to be great fun to read. Alas, he's been absent as of late and I hope his life is not in tatters and that he posts on SDN in the near future.

Alyeska: Have had good times chatting about stuff online with him in the past and although I can't see myself going back to SB.com, he did convince me for one brief period which is quite a thing. Always on the look out for trolls and other evildoers.

InnerBrat: Someone who has helped correct my poor paleobiology knowledge in the past and will continue to do so in the future I expect. Is always an interesting read, especially when she has an opinion on an otherwise controversial matter I wouldn't touch.

Rob Wilson: A great bloke, he's sadly not around enough now, which is a pity given I yearn to find out more of how his work has treated him in the past. Always a good laugh and a guy I'd call on if I wanted a job doing and I couldn't find the A-Team.

Wicked Pilot: Annoyingly, this guy is a pilot and so automatically warrants my respect and envy. I have always wanted to do what he does, but will settle for hearing of how great he is at his job all the same. Fun to discuss stuff with and learn more of the USAF.

Alyrium Denryle: Has admired me for my biology work, but I think I have to admire him more for his determination and keeping of reptiles and other odd creatures I wish I could have. Good at discussing such stuff online too when I'm bored and seems to be learning his texts faster than I. Probably going to be teaching me soon enough.

Darth Wong: Okay, it's quite easy to write stuff here. Owns SDN which in itself means a lot, but also has a great analytical mind and ability for debate. Has encouraged me to better myself mentally speaking and many of his posts are filled with memorable quotes, facts of life or observations that ring true. An ideal family man and I only wish I knew at least one of his type in real-life. Speaks his mind which can cause some distress, but is nevertheless a trait I think is a blessing and a curse (a blessing mainly here).

Apologies if I have missed some notable members out, there are far too many diverse and amazing minds here to list them all in one afternoon. The board is full of great posters and potential great posters so I hope that is one aspect SDN is remembered for in the distant future when mankind is enslaved and giant mechanised insects roam the Earth.
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Strewth, Valdemar, that's a hell of a list. :D But it's a fantastic list all the same, mainly because it's got a Moose Rebellion reference in there, but also because it shows that we're up to our eyeballs in nice people. :D

I'd just like to say that every member of the unremarkables is surely a nice person, as this then means that they are remarked upon and are now devoid of a name. Bwahahahaha. Also Lord Pounder, Rogue 9 and now, Admiral Valdemar as they assist in the slow spread of moose rebellion advertising across the world.

We should really go for a drink or something sometime, if only just to say that we havent spent 3 years at the same university and never set eyes on each other. Although, I might be intimidated by the size of your post count and fear that you might know more about my subject than I do. :D

And the Moose are everywhere. E-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e!
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Turns out I missed a few people:

Mayabird: A band geek with some seriously funny stories. Always a treat to talk with.

Connor MacLeod: Real standup guy, and a serious force in versus debates. He's taught me a thing or two on many occassions.

Alyeska: Occassionally quirky, but formidable in a Star Trek debate, I have a lot of respect for this guy.

Joe: I can't understand why I like a poster that I never agree with so much, but I do and he sure is fun to debate with.

Mike: Well, what can be said that a million other people haven't already said? He's the reason we are all here and his content has provided me with many enlightening and amusing hours.

Sea Skimmer: I don't know the guy that well, but his posts are always knowledgable and fun to read.

Patrick Degan: I dearly hope that I am never again on the wrong side of a debate with this guy. I swear, he must dream about debating in his sleep or something. Only to be contended with if you have serious facts on your side and are still willing to do some research.

Rogue: I don't know why I love this guy, but I do. He's just impossible to dislike.

Dalton: Rarely have I met such a standup guy. I wish we talked more over IM, but I've been so damn busy lately...

I know I'm still forgetting a few people here, but that's all I can think of.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I'd like to do one of these, but I don't think I can. I get paranoid over remembering everyone and what exactly to say. :oops:

So at least for now, I'll just say that I appreciate all the nice things people have said about me. :)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

I like Dalton's attitude.

I like Shep's luck.

I like Mike's conviction.

I like Stravo's imagination.

I like Innerbrat's directness.

I like Ghost Rider's depth of knowledge.

I like Zaia's likeability.

I like Knife's strength.

And I even like Durandal's ego.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Lagmonster wrote: And I even like Durandal's ego.
Would you be careful for fuck's sake? We just got the damn thing small enough so that it can fit inside a four bedroom house, what are you trying to do, get it to expand agai....arggggggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:Stofsk: Fun guy. Again, another Aussie which makes meeting a lot harder in reality, but always online when I come on at insane hours also to chat about matters of national security, and Babylon 5 which I know nothing about.
Damn, I forgot to mention you!

I like Valdemar because he has a quirky personality but is also really nice. He knows shit about viruses and biological weapons that makes me glad he's on our side. An interesting guy to talk to, about all sorts of matters. Intelligent, funny, and cool; a brit I'd like to meet.

And Rob Wilson falls into that category. He sounds like the kind of guy who tells all the funny stories in a pub. Another brit who's alright, IMO. :)
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

*takes deep breath* Ok, here goes...

Azazel would be one of my best friends even if he wasn't my brother, but since he is, we can blame our craziness on our genes!
InnerBrat is just an amazing friend; at least twice a month I wish I lived in England so we could hang for real.
Ghost Rider is one of the sweetest, most considerate, most generous people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Kuja is someone I feel so comfortable talking to, I often forget that we've never met in person. He's wonderful whether we're joking around or being serious, and I treasure that.
Dalton is such a great friend that I had him come out to my birthday party last year. No one listens better.
weemadando is a very, very good friend whom I miss about everyday, and who I hope I will see again soon. Although we disagree more often than not, I still adore him (for some odd reason).
Edi is such an amazing friend I don't think I'm worthy of him. He's so giving and supportive, and makes me feel like a queen whenever I talk to him.
verilon is like a brother to me. I miss our alarm-clock phone calls...
Gil Hamilton and CrimsonRaine are two incredibly fun people that I LOVE to chat with! Oh, and there are these interesting drawings...*snickers*
The Duchess might come stay with me later in the year, so we get along pretty well too. *snarks*
Lindar is great fun, a complete sweetheart, and the cuddliest and sexiest person on the planet. And she's a great understudy. *winks*
Stravo is muy macho, incredibly talented, a great friend, and entirely too sexy for his own good.
Pablo and his ego are both immensely entertaining and sexy, and whenever I talk to him, my spirits immediately lift. He's just got that effect on me.
Tev and Nitram are both awesome people, plus Tev is an AMAZING seamstress--I'm still madly in love with her wedding dress...*sighs*
Aya is one cool dude, even though he worked at Wal Mart. And that says a lot about him, since I hate Wal Mart with the fire of a thousand suns.
Stofsk is a wonderful person, very kind and a great listener.
Admiral Valdemar I would totally have a crush on if we lived on the same contienent; his posts cheer me up more consistently than anyone else's.
Olrik is an all-around wonderful man, completely sexy and open to talk about anything, and I love that. Wish he and I talked more often.
Shep, aerianna, jmac, and muse for being part of Ye Olde Fun Conspiracies! You guys are so zany. I love it. *grins*
The Yosemite Bear is a sweetie that I would snuggle gently so as to not break him more and then give him a long paid vacation so he could finally get better.
XaLEv will always have a special place in my heart for being the first person from the board to propose to me. I usually think of him whenever I hear 'The Gaping Lotus Experience,' and I like it that way.
Lusankya is a bright, beautiful, charming woman who I wish felt that way every minute of her life, because she truly is.
Spanky is a good guy who has one of the most fascinating hobbies I've ever heard of.
Howedar is just fucking awesome at everything.
Stormbringer is a wonderful friend who's always willing to put down what he's doing to listen to me. He's just fantastic.
Phong is a smart, fun, great friend who (unfortunately for him) is my go-to guy for when I have weird board problems. But I also like to bug him about his lovelife because it's fun.
Crown and Vympel are two charming and great guys that I don't know well enough but want to change as soon as I can.
Rye and Einy just make me happy by being a part of the board.
Mayabird and DPDP are just adorable together, and I always love running into Maya in the secret chat.
Rouge and Batman are cool despite always whining about me being a strict mod.
Eleas will always rock in my book for diving for cover from my breasts.
Petro let me have his leg--isn't he sweet?
Chardok, Col. Crackpot, Connor, Rob Wilson, and fgalkin can always make me laugh even on my worst days.
Coyote and Beowulf are two guys I love to interact with on the board, but it doesn't happen often enough for me, damnit!
Fanboy is my music hookup boy, and he and I try to keep each other reasonably sane by venting about the ca-razy people in our lives.
Mr Flibble, Knife, and Lagmonster are sweet, friendly guys that I love to talk to and need to see more of.
Frank is awesome in a mischevious way, which is oh-so-loveable about him.
Greg and MrsCmmdrWilkens are just snuggly cute and maybe one day I'll get off my bum and catch up with them in loverly Columbia, MD.
Zentai is cool for thanking me for being hot even though he has no idea what I look like.
Steve, RogueIce, and Mitth are the awesomest people I know in Florida, and I have a great time talking to them too (especially when Steve gets all depraved *grins*).
Zac is a sexy beast, just like Mad. Yummmm.
Cyran and Foo are just great. I don't talk to either that much anymore, but they both rock.
Mike is smart, funny, etc. He already knows, so why bother typing it all up?
And lastly, the AYVB for giving me something to talk about. :-P

*exhales* I hope I didn't forget anyone, but if I did, it's because my brain is numb now from all that...
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Edi
Dragonlord
Dragonlord

Post by Edi »

Zaia, that must be one of the most beautiful things anybody has said about me, ever. Thank you! :cry: :D

*hugs*

Edi
Warwolf Urban Combat Specialist

Why is it so goddamned hard to get little assholes like you to admit it when you fuck up? Is it pride? What gives you the right to have any pride?
–Darth Wong to vivftp

GOP message? Why don't they just come out of the closet: FASCISTS R' US –Patrick Degan

The GOP has a problem with anyone coming out of the closet. –18-till-I-die
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

I'd say that I appreciate everyone on this board ('cept the trolls, but that's granted). It'd take me far too long to mention all the names anyway and I'm afraid that I'd forget to put down half of them.

As for IRL, I'd have to say that my girlfriend is caring, supportive, and a generally wonderful girl. Don't know how I'd cope with my family without her support.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

The Kernel wrote:Rogue: I don't know why I love this guy, but I do. He's just impossible to dislike.
A certain drunken night of flaming in the chat speaks otherwise, but after a certain point I mostly deserved it. Besides, I call that score more than even. A certain practical joke following is otherwise. I'll think of something for that, believe you me. :twisted:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Zaia wrote: Eleas will always rock in my book for diving for cover from my breasts.
You're great, Zaia. You really are.

You know, I've been thinking about things. If there only was a way for me to learn from that experience, earn another chance at redemption. So that, in a distant future, I might finally be able to face my fears like a man, unflinchingly doing his duty. Yes, I wonder if in fact repeated exposure to breasts isn't the order of the day. I must make several empirical tests.

...or maybe my breastophobia can be attributed to fear of the unknown. :D
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe