how kan they kall it kountry when they won't play HANK

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

how kan they kall it kountry when they won't play HANK

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I mean the heart and $oul of Kountry and 8luegr$$ mu$ik i$ impo$$i8le to find on kountry $tation$ (and I li^e in rednek turf $o that'$ all they play up here).

Pat$y Kline
Tammy Wynette
Lorretta Lynn
Hank William$ I
Johnny Ka$h
Willie
Waylon

etk

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Bear, you know I like classic country. I like it alot. I like Johnny Cash, I like Glen Campbell, Elvis sang great country, etc...

That being said, modern country is the shittiest, geekiest, stupidest compilation of crap ever assembled. It's pop with fiddles and shitty singers.

And while we're on this topic, WHY DO ALL MALE COUNTRY SINGERS SOUND THE FUCKING SAME? Back in the day, there were some great vocalists. Jim Reeves was a country singer, and he could sing like Sinatra or Dean Martin. I mean, there were some truely great singers. Now, they all have the same singing style that sounds like garbage. I don't get it.

Country used to be good music with a distinct twangy style. Now, it's some wrangler wearing yoakel with chew in his lip driving a raised up pick up truck. :finger:
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

e%aktly

I mean I grew up a hippie kid in a rednek town, and partially I 8lame the Eagle$, and the 8and for $tarting the kountry/rok fu$ion that e^entually 8ekame the kounty 8oy 8and$ we ha^e today.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

It depends on the station and format. Top 40 stations don't play old stuff very often, classic rock doesn't play new stuff, but some stations play a mix of classic and modern rock or pop. Not all recent country singers are bad. Garth's early stuff was good, and he had the decency to retire while he was on top. George Strait is still good, and he's been going for 25 years. Randy Travis saved country music in the early 90's, but he doesn't sing much anymore. Aaron Tippen, Travis Tritt are good and Toby Kieth's earlier stuff was good also. For the women, Martina Mcbride, Alyson Krauss, and a few others are still country, but Shania sold out long ago. But then come along groups like Rascal Flats who are in the wrong genre IMHO, along with a dozen other individuals and groups.