My Artsy Thread... colorful! (Update Feb 18) New painting!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

My Artsy Thread... colorful! (Update Feb 18) New painting!

Post by Pick »

Hello, everyone! I don't tend to really share my art that much, but you seem like such nifty people I thought I might share a little bit. I'll probably show a bit more as time goes on, but I thought that at least as an introduction to my work, I'd post my picture of Chestra and Pandora from Violinist of Hameln (manga version! Much better!)

Chestra and Pandora

I don't mind some critique, but please realize this picture, is, uh, complete. In marker (Copic marker). There's not a lot I could change, and on a more arrogant note, not a lot I would anyways :oops: .

The one with the golden curls is Demon King Chestra, and the other is Pandora, his wife. Completely canonical pairing. :D :luv: (er, other than he's a bit... different... when he has his horns. ... meeeeh, *shrug* )
Last edited by Pick on 2005-02-18 10:30pm, edited 4 times in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

wow, that´s pretty good.

a bit cheesy of a scene for my tastes but that doesn´t really count.

thumbs up.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

salm wrote:wow, that´s pretty good.

a bit cheesy of a scene for my tastes but that doesn´t really count.

thumbs up.
Okay, I have some that are less cheesy than that :lol: (curse of the fangirl)

But here's my first watercolor! (24" by 18"... lost much detail :? )
Full

Detail

Paint's... not my thing. So hard to do! :x
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Wow... That's really good. :shock:

Both of them. The watercolour's nice. Fits right into my taste of styles.

I am so utterly humbled, with my shitty art... :|
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Lucifer
Idiotic Conspiracy Nut

Post by Lucifer »

It's good, but the hair's everywhere. I had to look at it a couple of times before I could get the characters in the picture.

Did you know Violin no Hameru is for SNES9x? It's a cute platform game by Enix, that features Hameln and this girl (I forget her name) that has all these costumes. I'd love to see the pictures.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Lucifer wrote:It's good, but the hair's everywhere. I had to look at it a couple of times before I could get the characters in the picture.

Did you know Violin no Hameru is for SNES9x? It's a cute platform game by Enix, that features Hameln and this girl (I forget her name) that has all these costumes. I'd love to see the pictures.
Aaahhh, I love that game :D It's adorable! With little Hamel and Flute and even Oboe there flying around. Yup, I've played it, it's actually a pretty darn fun game -though I'm terribly bad at it. :oops: I wish they'd made more to follow the series (pretty much for the singular reason of I really want to see Lute *fangirl moment*)

And yeah, I think I went a bit crazy on Chestra's darling curls :wink: Thanks for your comment!
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Damn... just... damn...

That's really good. I really like the watercolor too.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Lucifer
Idiotic Conspiracy Nut

Post by Lucifer »

Pick wrote:
Lucifer wrote:It's good, but the hair's everywhere. I had to look at it a couple of times before I could get the characters in the picture.

Aaahhh, I love that game :D It's adorable! With little Hamel and Flute and even Oboe there flying around. Yup, I've played it, it's actually a pretty darn fun game -though I'm terribly bad at it. :oops: I wish they'd made more to follow the series (pretty much for the singular reason of I really want to see Lute *fangirl moment*)

And yeah, I think I went a bit crazy on Chestra's darling curls :wink: Thanks for your comment!
Yes, it's fun, but it's too short.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Another one!

Post by Pick »

I realized, I haven't shown off any of my crazy inking yet~!

This was done in Sharpie marker (superfine, fine, and biiiigass), which is the major accomplishment since I'm more used to MUCH more precise pens. However, I wanted to challenge myself and see how much of my inking was a result of superior materials. I made a lot of errors, especially when I was starting, since Sharpies bleed where my normal pens don't; that made this VERY hard and even at the end, I didn't quite have a good feel for it. The original is 20" by 15" or so. (my siggy in the corner was done digitally) It was kind of a rushed project; I don't remember exactly how much time went into it though... The windows are kind of crap because they were the last thing I did and I wanted the project to be overrrrr...

Manga-version HK version Lute sans Bass holding Pandora's Box. (:luv:)

Larger version:
Here!
Tranan
Jedi Knight

Post by Tranan »

Just love it.

kan you make a horse pic?
Lucifer
Idiotic Conspiracy Nut

Post by Lucifer »

I don't think it's that bad. The reflections are probably better than I could do. And probably also because I wouldn't even think of drawing the reflections.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Those are amazing, I've not used watercolours in years. Great use of colour in that first one.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Love the inking on the second one. Keep up the good work! :)
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I'm amazed you managed to get the lines that fine with Sharpies. As a chronic doodler, I can confirm that even on good paper, they bleed all over the place.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:D And now for some digital work! :luv:

Prince Lute again (actual Prince version, manga version), Opencanvas sketch, intentional vacant look.

Here!

Thanks all you guys so far!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Beautiful, simply beautiful.
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Wow! :shock: That is so great!! More please :mrgreen:

I wish I could draw that good... *redoubles practicing efforts*
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

MURDERED by digital camera of DOOM.

Lady on the sand

Because not all my work is anime :P Anime's a style choice -it is NOT under ANY circumstances a cop-out of "real art"
Last edited by Pick on 2005-02-18 10:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Hmm.
Impressive. Most impressive
8)
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

And in response to one of my commentors (thanks!), yes, I can draw horses okay.

Lute and a unicorn, as an attempt to see how girly it can get. Hur hur hur. :P Actually, it was painted to try to sell. Anywho, this is in watercolor, gouache, and a little white ink. I don't really like brushes. The full-size is 1.5 feet by 2 feet. Border added in Photoshop for spifftasticness.

Image[/img]
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Tranan wrote:Just love it.

kan you make a horse pic?
BTW, I did this because you made me want to do a horse again. Good job :P
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Day-Am. Nice, Like the unicorn and glad you had to sketch before hand as I did not want to committ seppuku with a paintbrush.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Love the shadowing on the unicorn.