Yet another of my picture displays... Dragons! Not for 56k

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Yet another of my picture displays... Dragons! Not for 56k

Post by Rogue 9 »

^ My absolute favorite right there. If I can ever get a large copy to hang on my wall, I will.

^ That one's in the picture gallery for the Draconomicon on WotC's site, but they seem to have overlooked the fact that it's not in the book.

^ Pony? Who wants a pony? Ponies are for sissy girls. :P
Last edited by Rogue 9 on 2005-11-12 02:52am, edited 1 time in total.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Those are some great pics, Rogue. I'm a big fan of fantasy art in that style. Good finds, all.

As an aside, I think the only ka-niggit that has a chance is the one with the 7-foot long bastard sword toward the end there. and what is that hobbit wizard doing? Is he.....is he sicking the red dragon on the green one? Sure looks like it. Go hobbit-pokemon guy!
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Great stuff.

Hmmm .... there are even dragons from Might &Magic game spashscreens. Not to mention the one from The Wake of Gods.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Thoughts from one of Kuja's D&D characters:
Hey, I just met one of those guys! Decent fella, name was Slin, gave me and my buddies a lift. Poor guy though, had to help him regenerate a leg. Damn green dragons. Didn't give Dorf the right to call him a wimp, though, but Slin taught him a lesson. Spit on the dope and damn near corroded his armor off. Guy needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut.
Looks like one of my old teachers. No sense of humor at all. I think my aunt had a thing for him though. Can't imagine why. Good kind of dragon, though, I've got to say. Saw him take on a pair of black wyrms and a blue juvie onces, and he brought them down in about a minute flat. Not the kind of dragon you want to get on the bad side of.
JADAFETWA
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Wow...

That's absolutely beautiful.
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

xBlackFlash wrote:Wow...

That's absolutely beautiful.
You'll probably like this folder, then.

No dragons in this one, but a sample of what I left out when posting only the dragon pictures:

It's unfinished, obviously. Wish Henderson would get around to completing the thing; I love it already and it's just a sketch. :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

That is...awesome.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Ace Pace wrote:That is...awesome.
Like it, eh? Here's a detail of the paladin.

I should add, both copies are copyright 2004 by Derek Henderson. I have permission to use them, but if anyone else wants them I'd prefer that you ask him. I can get you in contact with him if you want to.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Sweet.

*drools*

I want that sword.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Heh. Glad you like it. Any further such displays on my part (and I have several more that I might do) will have to be at my board, as I have been informed that this thread is apparently spam.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Nice.

Where did the pic of the green dragon sneaking up on the warrior come from?
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

My latest acquisition:

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

Rogue, how big is your collection of pictures? In number as well as megabytes-- I'm curious.

Wonderful pictures though.
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Mitth`raw`nuruodo wrote:Rogue, how big is your collection of pictures? In number as well as megabytes-- I'm curious.

Wonderful pictures though.
Huge. Around 100 MB, number of pictures I have no idea.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

My fantasy world (steelmaster) has "Darwinnian Dragons" in short dragons whith adaptive camolauge like chemelons, venomus bites, combustable, acidic digestive siliva, and they don't fly, but they do burrow extensive lairs....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Why do fantasy dragons like gold? Is it an aphrodisiac for them or something?
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Uraniun235 wrote:Why do fantasy dragons like gold? Is it an aphrodisiac for them or something?
I always thought it was like magpies and shiny things, or cats and catnip.

Oh, and nice pictures there, Rouge Nein.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Uraniun235 wrote:Why do fantasy dragons like gold? Is it an aphrodisiac for them or something?
Gold, gems, items of value in general... Depends on who's myth you're talking about. Tolkien was quite clear that Smaug was keenly aware of the market value of his horde and simply took pleasure in being so wealthy. In D&D, gold dragons actually eat gems and pearls as a delicacy, while the reds are greedy by nature and steal and hoard treasure mainly out of spite, so others don't have it. Basically, generically I tend to pass it off as just another aspect of the alien mindset of highly intelligent creatures of such different and fantastic physiology.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I have also heard that it's a good measure of a mate...

you know, look I'm a big tough fighter, I've got all this gold, and fought off all these other male dragons that wanted to take it from me, wanna bump uglies?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

According to the Draconomicon, a good mate is worth his weight in gold... or has at least that much gold lying around. So, yes, it's a sexual thing, a way of saying "I've got a great big tonker" ... or of saying I've got more than enough money to make up for a tiny tonker. :twisted:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Wild Karrde
Jedi Knight

Post by Wild Karrde »

Might as well post some of my collection.

GALE FORCE/BOTM member and all around forum lurker.Image
AnimeJet
Jedi Knight

Post by AnimeJet »

I just had to say, props for the Charizard XDDD... also the never winter nights dragon and smaug =)
"Everyone is a Nintendo Fan when no one is looking"
Avalon616
Padawan Learner

Post by Avalon616 »

If you look at it historically through myth and symbolism, the dragon represented pagan female knowledge and power, and wisdom + power = wealth, for the most part. How the exact iconography of the dragon atop the vast horde of gold came to be, I'm not entirely sure, but as I do research on myth for both school and fun, I'll look it up.
Member- SOS:NBA | GALE