My new coat

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

My new coat

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Here it is, that replica of Spike's coat I ordered, got this tuesday.

The sleeves where a wee bit too long but that can be easily fixed at home, the coat is also a bit longer overall than spike's was, not sure if I am gonna fix it or leave it, I'm gonna see what a tailor would charge for taking a few inches of the bottom first.

Also I had to re-crease the lapels so they'd be smaller but another small issue, the lapels on spike's coat are also not very tidy since his has been really broken in but it's clear the real coat was originally creased in the same way this coat was when I got it, so thats really good for authenticity.

There's also a difference in the sewing lines on the sleeves, they go on the back instead of on top and are more clear, also the ones on the chest are somewhat different, oh well.

As for the quality of the leather, wow, really soft, all thats left now is to break it in, I mean it doesn't look like Spike's coat because his is all worn in like heck, this one is new and the leather is still where it's been sown and the way it's been packaged, it hasn't even had time to hang out yet.

Cost me $200, which I guess is not bad for a spanking new lambskin coat.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Also, the belt, forgot that, you can wear or not, Spike did both in the show:

Oh and bonus pic, the 3/4 coat I got of ebay last autumn, looks like angel's coat:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Nice coat, I feel like I need more pictures though. :P
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

8) Oooh, nice. I prefer to make my own, but that's a lovely coat indeed.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia