Which uniform looks better?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

which uniform looks better?

OT Stormtrooper
62%
ATOC trooper
38%

Total votes: 66

Blazican
Redshirt

Which uniform looks better?

Post by Blazican »

im sure everyone has seen ATOC and the OT. It seems the clone troopers helmets look a lot better then OT ones what do you guys think?
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

I like how the Stormtrooper has more practical eyes. Less weak bits to get shot out.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

YT300000 wrote:I like how the Stormtrooper has more practical eyes. Less weak bits to get shot out.
Hard to see anythin' though... :P
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Blazican
Redshirt

Post by Blazican »

but they have to ba able to see out of them in ATOC, but as far as look to em i think the clone helmets looks awsome i wonder why they switched?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

It's funny as we do know there's no true lenses in ST(and probaly neither in Clonetrooper) helmet.

and for te OP they both heve their own merits.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Hardy
Padawan Learner

Post by Hardy »

In terms of aesthetics, I'd go with the AOTC troopers over emaciated albino teletubbies.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Elheru Aran wrote:
YT300000 wrote:I like how the Stormtrooper has more practical eyes. Less weak bits to get shot out.
Hard to see anythin' though... :P
Unless you get it calibrated to your eyes, yes.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
UCBooties
Jedi Master

Post by UCBooties »

Yeah I'm going to have to go with the clone troopers helmet from AOTC. It just seemed cooler while the originals seemed a little bit like bobble heads.
Post 666: Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:51 am
Post 777: Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:49 pm
Post 999: Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:19 am
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Stormtroopers- the Clonetrooper helmet is too large. However, the Storm/Clonetroopers in ROTS look is an awesome combination: the heavier armour of the Clonetroopers, combined with a cool mix of the Clonetrooper and Stormtrooper helmet.

So, out of the two, I'd take Stormtrooper, but out of the three, I'd take ROTS-Clonetrooper.

As for stormtroopers looking like emaciated teletubbies ... WTF?! It's the coolest costume ever. Special mention to Snowtrooper.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
UCBooties
Jedi Master

Post by UCBooties »

Vympel wrote:Stormtroopers- the Clonetrooper helmet is too large. However, the Storm/Clonetroopers in ROTS look is an awesome combination: the heavier armour of the Clonetroopers, combined with a cool mix of the Clonetrooper and Stormtrooper helmet.

So, out of the two, I'd take Stormtrooper, but out of the three, I'd take ROTS-Clonetrooper.

As for stormtroopers looking like emaciated teletubbies ... WTF?! It's the coolest costume ever. Special mention to Snowtrooper.
I was talking specificly about the standard troopers. Snow and scout varieties looked awesome and if they are included I'd def change my vote.
Post 666: Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:51 am
Post 777: Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:49 pm
Post 999: Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:19 am
Hardy
Padawan Learner

Post by Hardy »

Vympel wrote: As for stormtroopers looking like emaciated teletubbies ... WTF?! It's the coolest costume ever.
The bulbous eyes and large helmet are a huge turnoff to me (I'm reminded of teletubbies and this page) especially when placed on otherwise cool armor.

But if we're talking about costumes, I'm well inclined to agree with you, as Clonetroopers don't qualify. :wink:
Admiral Bravo
Padawan Learner

Post by Admiral Bravo »

I've always liked OT stormtrooper armor, though the ROTS clone/stormtrooper ranks a close second for me.
"Just once I'd like to destroy a starship that we did'nt pay for!"- Imperial Admiral Hurkk at the Battle of Oovo IV

"Whats the last thing to go through an Imperial scout troopers head when he hits a tree? His afterburner."- joke told by rebel forces on Endor.

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Both are nice but Clonetrooper gets my vote
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

The original Stormtrooper helmet looks more alien to me. I think whoever designed the helmets back in the days of the OT wanted to go for something truly original and delivered in a big way. Vader, Boba Fett, and my personal all time fav...Leia's bounty hunter helmet (Boussh, Bouush, whatever). :)

I don't think the prequel trilogy has delivered a helmet as cool as any of the above.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

The OT Stormtrooper looks pretty bad with those huge bad looking helmets. AOTC Clonetroopers are much better looking. The Scout Stormtroopers from ROTJ look better than the Clonetroopers though.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

The AOTC helmets looks unpractical and far too big. The ROTS and the OT helmets looks the best.
Gunhead
Jedi Council Member

Post by Gunhead »

I like the original stormies, the clone armor is otherwise good, except for that stupid shark fin on the helmet. If they'd redesign the helmet it would be good. It's not bad now.

-Gunhead
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
-Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel

"And if you don't wanna feel like a putz
Collect the clues and connect the dots
You'll see the pattern that is bursting your bubble, and it's Bad" -The Hives
Caius
Padawan Learner

Post by Caius »

I have a fondness for the Stormtrooper. I don't really know anyone who doesn't. But I think at Clonetrooper looks slightly better. At least it looks like it would actually fit the person wearing it. (understands that back when the made the Stormtroopers it might have been a bit harder to pull that off)
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Clone Troopers all the way, baby. Long live the Mandalorian :mrgreen:
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Original Nex »

I prefer the RotS design over both of 'em.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

The ROTS design modifies the "shark fin" of the Clonetrooper helmet so its more of a subtle horse-hair crest without the hair, adds the familiar scowl from the Stormtrooper helmet, and keeps the thicker armour. I think it's awesome as well.

The best shot of a Stormtrooper ever, though, in all of the films, is the Stormtroopers storming Detention Block AA-23- the one who says "watch your left, they went down the cell bay!" took this awesome pose, looking right at the camera.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I like the OT Stormtrooper armour the best, although the RotS Clonetrooper Mk II armour is quite cool.

Favourite OT variant armour would be that of the Snowtrooper: it's funny how the rather simple additions of a drape-down mask and a skirt can make them look so much more menacing.

Also must mention the Scout Trooper helmet, since it's just so neat in design.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
RebelRoss0587
Redshirt

Post by RebelRoss0587 »

I like the Clonetroopers better than the Stormtroopers myself.
Stay classy and thanks for stopping by.
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=642626