Subaru Baja
5%
Dodge Magnum
No votes

Total votes: 78

Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

I hate hummers on so many levels. I can understand the damn things in the militray, but they never should've been brought into the civilian market IMHO.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Dahak wrote:The Fiat Multipla. I still can't fathom how anyone could design something like that.
Holy shit, that thing sucks. It's a disgrace to humanity, as well as its design team.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

aerius wrote:It's a tough call, either the Scion XB or the Element, I'm convinced they're actually the same car with different trim.
Agreed, with the Aztec a close third. I'm not keen on the PT cruiser but its not near as bad as the tuna can on wheels or the box-mobile. :evil:
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
avoidingthepo
Youngling

Post by avoidingthepo »

the fiat mutlipla has actually been excommunicated for being so ugly. in medieval times it wouldve been killed at birth.

how about the fish-bowl lookin thing wayne and garth drove around in?
=NUB=

Deceived by the devils decisions, forced into a slave
Death before dishonour for those men who were brave
Shot and sent to their grave, can't awaken, it's too late
Everything's been taken, I'm shaken, family, history, the making
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

What, the Gremlin?

That car is ugly, but in a cool kinda way. Kinda like a english bulldog. Plus those things can have V8's in them and can get up pretty fast.

On that list, I have to say the Magnum is the best looking. The H2 is a garbage dumpster on wheels. The military will never touch that POS. And whoever decided it was a good idea to strap rollerskates on a shoebox and call it a car(Scion) needs to be beaten with the spare tires of everyone of the cars.
avoidingthepo
Youngling

Post by avoidingthepo »

no the pacer, but its actually pretty cool, what with the plasti-chrome rims and the decals
=NUB=

Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

For me it's a toss-up between the Aztek and the Element. Someone should have had the good taste never to have designed either one.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

I think both are built on the same chassis and have many of the same parts, either that or they are damn near the same car. I've been half tempted to buy a $500 one off of ebay to fix up and make a super gremlin that can outburn most cars out there.

Pa-POW!! How you like them apples!
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

Post by THEHOOLIGANJEDI »

SancheztheWhaler wrote:These cars are all fugly, but the Aztec makes the Elephant Man look pretty.
I second that!
It looks like they hammered three cars on top of one another.
Stupid risks are what make life worth living.-Homer Simpson

-PC Load Letter?! What the Fuck does that mean!?!?!- Micheal Bolton
-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:Oh, that's easy. Ford Edsel. I can't imagine the guy it was named after being too happy with a car that had a radiator shaped like a woman's private area (the Pinto is a second place what with the exploding fuel tank and all).
Edsel Ford was long dead by the time the Edsel came out.
While yes, even by the standards of time it was hideous, a lot of people seem to think it was a shitty car because it failed. Edsel=suck is the common way of thinking.
It actually failed because it was an exspensive up-market car introduced at the exact moment when Americans began buying lower-priced, more economical, compact cars like the VW Bug and Studebaker Lark in big volumes.

As for the poll, the Scion gets my vote.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I REALLY have to say the Honda Element. It's WTF shitastic. :wtf: It's so ugly, it makes obese, humping wookiees look pretty.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Holy FUCKING shit, the Multipla is DISGUSTING. If it were on the list, I'd vote for that. But it's not, so I voted for what I used to think was the ugliest car known to man, the Scion. Fucking rolling box.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

The Scion looks like a delivery van. It's not pretty, but it isn't horrendous, either. It's a case of form following function.

My vote goes to the Aztek. Unlike the Aztek, its ugliness isn't functional. It's just design gone horribly, horribly wrong.

I actually like the Magnum a lot. If I needed a family car, I'd consider it. But then again, look at my avatar.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Scion/Element piece of shit needs to die! IT'S A FUCKING BOX!
:evil:

I really don't see why you guys hate the Aztec so much.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Max
Jedi Knight

Post by Max »

My mom has a 5 series (2004), and I personally don't think it should be on the list. How is it uglier than a PT Cruiser (which isn't on the list)?

:D
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

SyntaxVorlon wrote:I really don't see why you guys hate the Aztec so much.
I thought I was the only one who didn't think the Aztec is as ugly as many claim it to be. Hell, it's voted ugliest car on that sight, but I just don't see it.

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

RedImperator wrote:The Scion looks like a delivery van. It's not pretty, but it isn't horrendous, either. It's a case of form following function.
Form following function? Are you kidding me? What is the function of making it look like a BOX?! It's certainly not a delivery van, so why make it look like one?

Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

Aztec by far gets my vote. I never fail to spot one on the road and I always have to comment, even when by myself, that it is ugliest car on the road today and could easily make the list of top 5 ugliest cars ever!
avoidingthepo
Youngling

Post by avoidingthepo »

the scion and the element are just boxy, i mean its not my style car either but its not necessarily ugly hoever the aztek es muy horrible[/list]
=NUB=

Max
Jedi Knight

Post by Max »

Ooops.. my bad. The PT Cruiser IS on there... I need to learn to slow down when I read.

However, the Aztec is the ugliest p.o.s. on that list...
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:
RedImperator wrote:The Scion looks like a delivery van. It's not pretty, but it isn't horrendous, either. It's a case of form following function.
Form following function? Are you kidding me? What is the function of making it look like a BOX?! It's certainly not a delivery van, so why make it look like one?
For the same reason delivery vans are boxy: lots of usable interior space for passenger comfort or cargo. I agree they could have done it better, but there is a rationale for it. The same goes for the Element.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

The Aztac is the only car on record that, after seeing, I turned to my mother and said "If you ever see me in a car like that, shoot to kill."

God it is the fugliest car I've ever seen, that picture does it too much justice...
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

I picked the Aztek because, it was ugly ahead of its time. Not to mention that absolutely bizarre rear glass would be an expensive sonofabitch to replace, and serves no apparent function whatsoever.

The Magnum is pretty ugly too. Someone apparently decided they liked what they saw when a Durango met a car crusher that broke down a third of the way through.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

The Scion xB got my vote. Not only is it boxy and un-aerodynamic from the front (and looks like a giant's roller skate to boot), but I've seen them riced out. Not a pretty sight.

I know it has a lot of space due to its boxy form, but the designers at Toyota could have done a far better job of smoothing it out. Sharp right angles haven't belonged on a car since the Model T, and it's a prime example of it.

I honestly don't care for any vehicle on there, except for maybe the Dodge Magnum or Chrysler 300. Those are OK, the rest all suck.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

The only reason this guy's actions make ANY sense is because the person he attacked was driving a PT Cruiser. Hell, I often find myself wishing to take a crowbar to one of those things.

Though he was still an asshole, obviously. :wink:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."