The Academy Awards

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Styphon
Jedi Knight

Post by Styphon »

Dahak wrote:
Styphon wrote:ok, so, what's with The Aviator winning practically every award it's nominated for? is there a new rule that a single film gets to completely sweep things since they let the Return of the King do it?
*cough*Titanic, Dances with Wolves, Ben Hur, Gone with the Wind,...*
It is nothing new that some films sweep most Oscars. Most Oscars by Film

And btw, Aviator didn't win any of the "Major" Oscars.
eh... I kind of quit about 1/2-2/3 of the way through... seemed like it was winning too much though...

now that I go back and double check the actual results, I see Million Dollar Baby was the big winner... anybody see it? was it any good?

and for the record, I think Spider-Man 2 was the only movie I've seen that won anything... hell, I think it was the only movie I've seen that was even nominated!
Crazedwraith:
Styphon for CLITORIS!
SeebianWurm
Padawan Learner

Post by SeebianWurm »

Styphon wrote: now that I go back and double check the actual results, I see Million Dollar Baby was the big winner... anybody see it?
Yes.
Was it any good?
Hell yes.
[ Ye Olde Coked-Up Werewolf of the Late Knights ]

Fuck fish.
Mr. T
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. T »

I found this years academy awards even less interesting then usual. It may have to do with the fact that I hadn't seen any of the movies nominated in the major categories. (although I'll admit, I have seen "White Chicks" :oops: ) I thought Chris Rock did a good job hosting but still somewhat of a disappointment, nowhere near as funny as when he hosted the MTV awards.
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Excellent! I knew I could count on a five minute summary from you guys! :D
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

Post by THEHOOLIGANJEDI »

Chmee wrote:Ok, his bit asking people at the Magic Johnson Theater which Oscar-nominated films they'd seen was funny .......
Very funny. It shows that Niggas have the worst taste in movies. If the best Movie you've seen was AVP then something is seriously wrong with you. :evil: :x :D
Stupid risks are what make life worth living.-Homer Simpson

-PC Load Letter?! What the Fuck does that mean!?!?!- Micheal Bolton
-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman
Troodon
Redshirt

Post by Troodon »

Dalton wrote:
Dalton wrote:What was that music playing under that short clip about film restoration?
And now I forgot how it went. Fuck!
As I recall it was from The Land Before Time. (The original, not one of the numerous Direct-To-Video sequels.) IMDB lists James Horner and Mike Tavera as the composers.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Troodon wrote:
Dalton wrote:
Dalton wrote:What was that music playing under that short clip about film restoration?
And now I forgot how it went. Fuck!
As I recall it was from The Land Before Time. (The original, not one of the numerous Direct-To-Video sequels.) IMDB lists James Horner and Mike Tavera as the composers.
That's what I thought too. Thanks for the confirm.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.