Complete Photo N00b needs technology lessions

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Complete Photo N00b needs technology lessions

Post by Stark »

Okay, so I'm totally clueless. Be nice.

I've got some photos. Not any negatives or anything. How do I make copies of them, put them on my puter and stuff? Non-digital media is just WIERD :)

I think being drunk with floozies is a better image than grumpy, is all :)
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Develop them into negative roll. Take the negative roll, cut them down into convenient four or five pictures to a negative strip. Take the photo you want, stick it in a wing, put that in the enlarger, and make a print in a darkroom. Then once your print is made and dry, scan the bastard and it's on your computer.

If you don't know who to do any of that and can't get anyone to help you, skip the development process and take that roll of film after you're done taking your shots to a photo place and give it to them. Wait an hour. Get your photos back. Now scan them.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

You can develop photos into negatives?? The vagaries of chemical photography are beyond me.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Just take it to a goddamn photo store and have it processed. Then scan them, like what the previous guy said. It's easy. No need for extra hassle man. Unless having your photos developed is too expensive...
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!