Werewolf
33%
Vampire
67%

Total votes: 83

Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Vampire gangs always have the really hot female vampires in leather, so I'll party with them.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Durandal wrote:Vampire gangs always have the really hot female vampires in leather, so I'll party with them.
A chick whose as lively in bed as a corpse, or one whose like a wild animal? :wink:
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I'm not a furry, while vamps have Baobhan sith. Vamps win.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Azazel
Padawan Learner

Post by Azazel »

Vamps are cooler considering their malice is intended.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

vampires were pretty weak, and sickly until the age of film. Now Werewolves they have the black bitches of hecte, The mother of Romulus and Remus, and even Red Ridinghood's nemesis.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Well, you have the varacolaci from Romanian folklore which supposedly could cause solar and lunar eclipses. Moved around through astral projection, too...
SirNitram wrote:No, 'Nosferatu' didn't make up the daylight weakness. It is in passages I've translated from Latin. It might not be 'Burst into flame', but it's been there even in the legends of the flying head vampires of Japan.
Do you have any sources for vampires actually being killed by the sun, and not just being unable to move during the day? Because I'd like to read it, as I have been unable to find anything like that myself.

And as for weak vampires in legends, like I said, there's plenty of that for werewolves too. It all depends on what culture or region your studying.
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Vampire wins. Why? He can pick up a gun. :lol:
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

LordShaithis wrote:Vampire wins. Why? He can pick up a gun. :lol:
Did you see Underworld? The average vampires where pussies without their guns.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Lord Pounder wrote:
As far as the animal kingdom goes, humans are pussies without their guns too.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

*Looks at avatar*

'Nuff said.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Vampires are the fear of the dark and the unknown waiting in it. Werewolves are fear of the wild and untamable. While the wild is pretty scary and much more real, what you don't know is always scarier.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

When hunting werewolves, one would be advised to take along a silver-headed cane or silver-plated sword. Oh, and wear plenty of armor so you don't get pinholed before you get a chance to use those.

When hunting a vampire, you can raid your neighbor's garden for some garlic and snap the leg from your old kitchen table.

Werewolves kick ass. 8)
JADAFETWA
Steven Snyder
Jedi Master

Post by Steven Snyder »

Miles Teg wrote: It's commonly held (AFAIK) that vampires become stronger with age. Is this also true with werewolves?
World of Darkness mythos, yes. Werewolves delve deeper into the supernatural world the older and more wiser they get. In the WoD, werewolves also have an innate ability to shift into a shadow-world that is almost completely unknown (and inaccessable) to Vampires.

But on the other-hand the really low generation vampires (in this case generation refers to how many times removed from Caine the vampire is) are damn near demi-gods.
Darth P44
Redshirt

Post by Darth P44 »

Durandal wrote:
Lord Pounder wrote:
As far as the animal kingdom goes, humans are pussies without their guns too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanas wrote:*Looks at avatar*

'Nuff said.
I totally agree! :wink:
There is NO ESCAPE!
The Sith Will Rise Again!!!!
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Steven Snyder wrote:
Miles Teg wrote: It's commonly held (AFAIK) that vampires become stronger with age. Is this also true with werewolves?
World of Darkness mythos, yes. Werewolves delve deeper into the supernatural world the older and more wiser they get. In the WoD, werewolves also have an innate ability to shift into a shadow-world that is almost completely unknown (and inaccessable) to Vampires.

But on the other-hand the really low generation vampires (in this case generation refers to how many times removed from Caine the vampire is) are damn near demi-gods.
Yet these demi-gods still get punked by the Shep Solution, amusingly.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Captain Cyran wrote:
And you still have your furry fetish. :wink:

As opposed to having your necrophilia? :D
Coalition
Jedi Master

Post by Coalition »

I'd prefer to be the werewolf, but I'd like a little control over the changing frequency (silver nitrate injections or pills?).

One movie though, had an interesting Dracula.

Essentially, they had tied him to a platform, and had thrown a volleyball net over him, along with pouring several thousand seeds around him. The idea being that a vampire has to untie every knot he sees, and count all the seeds.

They were attempting to use vampire blood to reverse the effects of Alzheimer's or some similar medical miracle). At the end though, the vampire manages to escape. When they ask about the net, he merely pulls off the net, which is now in individual ropes (vamp been busy while tied up).

They say the seeds will save them, but the vampire merely looks at the guy and says 4,372 (or some number like that). The guy trying to run for safety then takes the whole bag of seed, and throws it.

You see a matrix time-freeze, and the vampire merely says 382,742 (or close). The guy is just staring at the vamp in shock, and one seed falls out of the back. The vampire corrects himself, and said 743.

Wish I could remember the name. That ending was interesting.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Wes Craven's Dracula II the ascension, where it's revealed that Dracula is really Casca Longinus, who became a vampire by drinking the blood of christ.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Kuja wrote:When hunting werewolves, one would be advised to take along a silver-headed cane or silver-plated sword. Oh, and wear plenty of armor so you don't get pinholed before you get a chance to use those.

When hunting a vampire, you can raid your neighbor's garden for some garlic and snap the leg from your old kitchen table.
That, or you could simply stay in your house and mock the vampire from just inside the threshold that he can't cross unless you invite him in. When you tire of that, make sure you have one of Riff's stake-guns handy. :twisted:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

alucard pwns all. 'nuff said. :twisted:
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

SylasGaunt wrote:
Captain Cyran wrote:
And you still have your furry fetish. :wink:
As opposed to having your necrophilia? :D
Damnit Sylas, I told you to keep that strictly under wraps. :evil:
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

SirNitram wrote:
Yet these demi-gods still get punked by the Shep Solution, amusingly.
Gives the term "artificial sunrise" a new layer of meaning, doesn't it?
Damien Sorresso

- The Onion
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

What's with the vote, anyway? Vampires have so many weaknesses its not even funny. Hello? Any monster that you can get away from by crossing a friggin' stream because it can't follow over running water is not that great. And that's just one entry on the long line of weaknesses. They can't enter homes without an invitation; they simply die at sunrise unless they're unconscious in their coffins by the time it rolls around, leaving them hideously vulnerable; and are repelled by crosses, garlic, mirrors, and paintings of themselves as they were in life. A vampire is pitifully easy to drive off or destroy.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Rogue 9 wrote:What's with the vote, anyway? Vampires have so many weaknesses its not even funny. Hello? Any monster that you can get away from by crossing a friggin' stream because it can't follow over running water is not that great. And that's just one entry on the long line of weaknesses. They can't enter homes without an invitation; they simply die at sunrise unless they're unconscious in their coffins by the time it rolls around, leaving them hideously vulnerable; and are repelled by crosses, garlic, mirrors, and paintings of themselves as they were in life. A vampire is pitifully easy to drive off or destroy.
Fanboyism, really. How many people just leapt in and said 'ALUCARD!!!'.

Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

SirNitram wrote: Fanboyism, really. How many people just leapt in and said 'ALUCARD!!!'.
A whopping two posters. Personally, I'm putting my money more on the sexiness of vamps, rather than the yiff of the werewolves.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus