Some Jedi questions

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Blind Master?

Post by Lord Revan »

Nick Lancaster wrote:Given that a person deprived of sight would rely on their other senses to compensate (hearing, smell, touch) ... the character would use that as a base, and it's whatever Force-based discipline he has going that takes it to the next level.

So if you're positing 'Force sonar,' for example, a guy who is blindfolded or temporarily blinded could strain for audio cues to recognize people and movement around him, perhaps even visualize the layout of a room with which he is minimally familiar. Your character is able to extrapolate much, much more - picking up the faintest nuance as sound travels through a room.

That sounds a lot like Daredevil, but without the 'audio overload' problem shown in the movie.

But what if it's more like what Paul Atreides does in Dune: Messiah? He draws on the future and wraps the vision around himself - he is seeing not the actual event, but the most likely future.

The character's combat training must also come into play, since Jedi routinely respond to cues that other people would miss. Could his 'vision' have come about from that? Does the question of aggression enter into it (i.e., to utilize a battle-mentality for vision, are you placing yourself in an aggressive mindset)?
it would be little of both as we do know that Force aware people can thing before they happen (to degree) and character would use his skill "see" both during combat and in non-combat conditions. (think of it as seeing things, but in black and white for combat).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n