Ads: What the fuck were they thinking?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

YT300000
Sith'ari

Ads: What the fuck were they thinking?

Post by YT300000 »

Here's an example of one such ad.

Any other ones people have seen?
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

Although I can't remember where they're from, I remember the Goons were riled up by a pair of McDonald's ads. One had the tagline "I'd hit it", while the other escapes my memory.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

They were probably thinking, "We're gonna sell LOTS of Atari shirts!" The same kind of thing as with most other really stupid ads.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

ahhh, the 80's. Those crazy pastel days... bad haircuts. skintight jeans. breakdancing.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

They were thinking that they weren't quite so jaded and cynical in the early 1980s as they are now. :P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

...what the fuck is that short shirt on the Eddie Griffin look-alike? Please tell me guys didn't wear those during the '80s.... :wtf:
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

It's an exercise/athletics shirt. Aparently called a "shimmel".
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Elheru Aran wrote:...what the fuck is that short shirt on the Eddie Griffin look-alike? Please tell me guys didn't wear those during the '80s.... :wtf:
Heh. Yeah.

What losers. Really, who wears things like that?

Seriously.

::Covers up his midriff::

Don't you judge me!!!!!
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

Col. Crackpot wrote:ahhh, the 80's. Those crazy pastel days... bad haircuts. skintight jeans. breakdancing.
Whats so bad about skintight jeans,i used to wear them,and we looked better than todays kid walking with the *OOPS i crapped myself pants* :P
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Skin tight jeans are very uncomfortable. Baggy jeans are better.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Montcalm wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote:ahhh, the 80's. Those crazy pastel days... bad haircuts. skintight jeans. breakdancing.
Whats so bad about skintight jeans,i used to wear them,and we looked better than todays kid walking with the *OOPS i crapped myself pants* :P
Other than denim is the least comfortable material this side of chain mail to wear skintight?
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yeah, the only comfortable skin tight materials are leather and synthetics...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin