ROTS Trailer *SPOILERS*

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

We'll see more of the hot Twi'lek chick(s?)?! Sweeet! :D :P
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Wild Karrde
Jedi Knight

Post by Wild Karrde »

GALE FORCE/BOTM member and all around forum lurker.Image
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Wild Karrde wrote:We have picture.
Not connecting, damnit! :x

EDIT: Never mind, its going. :D
Last edited by YT300000 on 2005-03-10 11:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude »

Wild Karrde
Jedi Knight

Post by Wild Karrde »

GALE FORCE/BOTM member and all around forum lurker.Image
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Mother of Christ... :shock:

That is hands down probably one of the best trailers I've ever seen in my entire life.

Sorry, I have to go watch it again, now.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Mother of Christ... :shock:

That is hands down probably one of the best trailers I've ever seen in my entire life.

Sorry, I have to go watch it again, now.
Me too. :P

I wasn't too impressed when it started. Then the lightsaber came out of Palpatine's sleeve and I've been glued to my screen ever since.

Edit -- I keep going over the Palpatine bits. After over a decade, the Emperor of my childhood has finally returned... :twisted:
Last edited by JME2 on 2005-03-11 02:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

...Fuck... :shock:

Yes, the beginning was not bad, but after the line "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?" it just went straight to excellent.

Now excuse me while I go change my pants.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Dude, I think I just filled the cup. :shock:
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

Trailer, what trailer?

I definitely would hate for anyone to pm me asking for access to a bittorrent tracker with this file on it. Such a thing would be shameful. :roll:
-Ryan McClure-
Scaper - Browncoat - Warsie (semi-movie purist) - Colonial - TNG/DS9-era Trekker - Hero || BOTM - Maniac || Antireligious naturalist
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

My God but that kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw it on the news of all places (cause i missed the O.C for like the first time ever, can you fuckin' beleive it, of all the times!).

Still that absolutely kicked ass. I love that Obi-Wan line:

"You were supposed to be the chosen one!"

I really would love to have Anakin snap back "Well, you weren't supposed to cry like a girl, but there you go." :lol:
Kanye West Saves.

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

torrent for those of you tired of waiting for movie-link's poor overloadaed servers.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

WOW.

Just.

WOW.

I have been a serious doubter now for some time considering the track record so far in the prequels but this was astounding.

"Are you threatening me Master Jedi?" and then this...animal sound and Palpy leaps to the attack. (Which of course makes you wonder why he went down like a BIATCH in ROTJ) Jesus. GL did NOT write this. He couldn't have.

But the most heartfelt line, the one that I always wondered if anyone would bring up was Obi Wan's despondent cry "But you were the Chosen One."

Yoda gets his ass handed to him in what looks like the best duel we will ever see - I mean it looks like the whole Senate is being thrown at him.

WOW.

BTW I am Spoiler free so please, any discussions about confrimation of spoilers should be limited to the spoiler thread itself as I am now more committed than ever to be spoiler free for this movie.

Bring on ROTS, I think my faith was just restored. :D
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

BTW Twilight War had so many scenes stolen by this damned trailer alone that I am more than a little pissed I didn't write faster so that it doesn't look like I'm stealing this movie wholesale. Damn you GL you're a fucking genius.

Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Holy fuck man, incredible. When Palpatine leaps at the Jedi I thought to myself "A whole lot of shit just hit a big ass fan."
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

The Anakin-Padme romance is noticeably absent in this trailer which makes me wonder where GL is going with it in the movie. All signs in AOTC pointed to it being a huge part of the story and conflict in ROTS but Padme was relegated to a few throw away scenes and one obligatory crying scene.

apocolypse
Jedi Knight

Post by apocolypse »

I put up with the O.C. (well, not really, I'd go online and let it play in the background) to wait for this.

It wasn't a mistake. It was fucking incredible. Obviously the battle over Coruscant was badass, but I'd have to echo earlier sentiments about the CGI being great all around. Everything just looked right. I shared some skepticism myself as well, but right now I'm more than pleased (and DLing the trailer as we speak, thanks for the link :D )
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

That was awesome. I LOVE the new style of direction. Holy shit! I hope the whole movie is shot like that. I can't wait.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

apocolypse wrote:I put up with the O.C. (well, not really, I'd go online and let it play in the background) to wait for this.

It wasn't a mistake.
I'm in the same shoes.

Plus, the one chick on the OC is pretty hot.
It was fucking incredible. Obviously the battle over Coruscant was badass, but I'd have to echo earlier sentiments about the CGI being great all around. Everything just looked right.
Yeah. They seem to have finally gotten the physics correct with the CGI. I'm really impressed with how naturally everything seemed to move.
I shared some skepticism myself as well, but right now I'm more than pleased (and DLing the trailer as we speak, thanks for the link :D )
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

I know being a downer is going against the spirit of the moment, but both prequel movies had terrific trailers which were far better than the movies we actually got. While I am happy about getting a kickass trailer, it does not banish my fear of an inferior Episdoe III.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Master of Ossus wrote:
Yeah. They seem to have finally gotten the physics correct with the CGI. I'm really impressed with how naturally everything seemed to move.
Not with the Jedi starfighter. The R2s apparently disappear into a pocket dimension. :D
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

Imperial Overlord wrote:I know being a downer is going against the spirit of the moment, but both prequel movies had terrific trailers which were far better than the movies we actually got. While I am happy about getting a kickass trailer, it does not banish my fear of an inferior Episdoe III.
I was with you on that trip but I think IMO that this trailer is head and shoulders above TPM and AOTC's respective trailers and this is coming from someone who has been a very vocal critic of ROTS being anywhere near good.

Besides the spoiler folks seem very happy and confident that this will rock and I can now begin to see why.

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

The only immediate thing I have noticed is that we apparently see clonetroopers (inside the Venators?) when some explosions go off, and it looks like some of the smaler guns are internally mounted (and firing out of "gun ports" at the enemy.
Isil`Zha
Jedi Knight

Post by Isil`Zha »

whoa.... that kicked lots of ass!
Though we are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

also, it looks like there will be a Corellian Gunship in the movie