ROTS Trailer *SPOILERS*

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Geez.. and I sense that this movie is going to be the Epitome of Palpatine Wanking the likes we have not seen since Dark Empire. OH yes, and more hyperactive Yoda.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

God damn, that looked fucking amazing.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Oh yeah. And there looks to be one scene which might (or might not) be interesting.. a blaster bolt (green one) hits the water (one fo the gunship scenes.) Might be worth quantification.

Edit: Also, looks like one of the Separatist warships is breaking up in the atmosphere. That could be good or bad.

Further edit: It also looks like they're going for an age of sail "Master and Commander" type combat, right up to the "pull up within 100 feet of your opponent and fire away with all broadsides" and the internally mounted tiny guns and gunports.
Last edited by Connor MacLeod on 2005-03-11 12:47am, edited 1 time in total.
Icehawk
Jedi Council Member

Post by Icehawk »

http://www.filerush.com/download.php?ta ... _video.avi

HDTV super high quality version. :shock: :shock: *orgasms*
"The Cosmos is expanding every second everyday, but their minds are slowly shrinking as they close their eyes and pray." - MC Hawking
"It's like a kids game. A morbid, blood-soaked Tetris game..." - Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs)
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Connor MacLeod wrote:also, it looks like there will be a Corellian Gunship in the movie
Nope, Corvette-- I double-checked, and it definitely has an hammerhead. I'm figuring it's the Tantive IV.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Isil`Zha
Jedi Knight

Post by Isil`Zha »

Connor MacLeod wrote:also, it looks like there will be a Corellian Gunship in the movie
And we'll get to see some Acclimators in action.
Though we are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Isil`Zha wrote:
And we'll get to see some Acclimators in action.
Complete with Jedi leading clonetroopers in boarding actions :P

Incidentally, I just noticed another thing. when a clonetrooper is firing one of those small internal "cannons" out the gunport, it looks like the bolt is 'arcing' to the side.. it doesn't look like its quite "on axis" with the gun.
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

Fucking AWESOME! This trailer has now boosted my confidence in Episode III to great heights. It's one thing to read spoilers and to look at stills from the film, but to actually see the performance and visuals, it's beyond words. I am infinitely pleased, and will be eagerly awaiting May 19, 2005. :D :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Only 69 days to go.
Panzer Grenadier
Padawan Learner

Post by Panzer Grenadier »

So what was that thing that looked awfully like a Juggernaught?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Panzer Grenadier wrote:So what was that thing that looked awfully like a Juggernaught?
It IS a Juggernaut, man! :D
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

A Jugernaught strange enough :P
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Elheru Aran wrote:
Nope, Corvette-- I double-checked, and it definitely has an hammerhead. I'm figuring it's the Tantive IV.
I checked one of the (six, seven?) copies of the trailer I currently hold. and Yeah, you're right.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Elheru Aran wrote:
Panzer Grenadier wrote:So what was that thing that looked awfully like a Juggernaught?
It IS a Juggernaut, man! :D

NO! ITS A TURBO TANK! TURBO TANK TO THE RESCUE!
Tychu
Jedi Master

Post by Tychu »

that trailer was amazing!

this lookds like the best Star Wars ever.

damn Palpatine, damn whinny Anakin, damn Jedi for being so dumb

i did think though that the trailer revealed to much

did anyone else catch Palpatine sitting in the council Chair on one of the shots
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Watched it about three times in a row. Now I'm getting the super-duper res version.

F'ing A. This might be the first one I actually see opening weekend.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Laird
Friendly Neighbourhood Asshole

Post by Laird »

God? I think not! Me on the other hand, thats another story.(If the Green wasn't a big enough hint...thats a link for the trailer courtesy of Moi.)

You may all start your masturbating and bowing before me!:drevil: for I am "The Chosen One!"
"LairdCorp, where total dominion is our number one goal!"-LairdCorp's Motto
Tychu
Jedi Master

Post by Tychu »

well my college ends finals on May 19th so i plan on seeing it right after i leave the campus, theres a movie theater about a 1/2 mile away
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Ho--ly Crap :shock:

CTV botched the feed for the OC, so didnt catch it until just now.
Couple things noticed:

- I guess we now see what happens after Yoda dispatches the red guards :twisted:

- A certain scumbag leader of the Trade Federation FINALLY getting what's coming to him -- wonder what 'ole Annie has to say just prior to that :twisted: :twisted:

- Palpatine unleashed! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Quick flash of GG and Obi going hand to hand. And one of Palps throwing multiple senate booths at Yoda (brightened abit) Palps makeup is hit and miss I find, some shots really bulky, others OT'ish.

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Meest on 2005-03-11 02:20am, edited 1 time in total.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

That uber-res trailer isn't working for me, it skips and the audio won't sync up.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Clone Sergeant
Padawan Learner

Post by Clone Sergeant »

Very impressed. I keep up with spoilers so I've had a pretty positive opinion of the film but you really can never tell with Lucas how the film will be until you actually see it. Hopefully the final film will be as good as the trailer promises.

Things I noticed:

It looks like trooper armor paint no longer signifies rank. All of the clones under Anakin and later Aayla Secura had the same paint scheme and color within their units. Makes sense, the color coding probably made clone officers and NCO's easy pickings for snipers. I also liked the fact that Clonetroopers in the field wear ARC trooper-like gear. It makes sense that they would adopt all that extra equipment webbing since the trooper "utility belt" can only carry so much.

I question the open-top troop transport walker design. You only see the front of it in the trailer, but there are better shots of it around the web. The thing looks like it's begging to be hit with the SW equivalent of a airbursting artillery shell.

Overall though, I'm willing to ignore those technical issues. The film as a whole looks like it will make up for the last two.
Last edited by Clone Sergeant on 2005-03-11 02:26am, edited 1 time in total.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Clone Sargeant, nice of you to post spoilers about the battle over Coruscant despite my earlier warnings not to in a thread not marked spoilers. No where in that fucking trailer are your plot points hinted at but you choose to go ahead and spew it. What is it with you people? Are you like children that you can't keep it to yourselves? There is a fucking thread clearly marked SPOILERS so you can discuss away to your heart's content. But thanks again, because of assholes like you I'm sure to know the whole plot before I see the movie. :finger:

EDIT: Thread title edited so the kids can say what they want and I'll be exiting this thread.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

::Spongebob-esque squeel::

That was simply a-fuckin'-mazing, hands down. That's the only thing I can honestly say at this moment, it has stunned me so.

CS: Thanks a lot. :evil:
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.
Clone Sergeant
Padawan Learner

Post by Clone Sergeant »

Stravo wrote:Clone Sargeant, nice of you to post spoilers about the battle over Coruscant despite my earlier warnings not to in a thread not marked spoilers. No where in that fucking trailer are your plot points hinted at but you choose to go ahead and spew it. What is it with you people? Are you like children that you can't keep it to yourselves? There is a fucking thread clearly marked SPOILERS so you can discuss away to your heart's content. But thanks again, because of assholes like you I'm sure to know the whole plot before I see the movie. :finger:

EDIT: Thread title edited so the kids can say what they want and I'll be exiting this thread.
I'm really sorry about that, Stravo. The battle has been discussed so much on the board I forgot that some folks didn't know about that info. I'll remove the offending details from my post. :oops:
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Stravo wrote:Clone Sargeant, nice of you to post spoilers about the battle over Coruscant despite my earlier warnings not to in a thread not marked spoilers. No where in that fucking trailer are your plot points hinted at but you choose to go ahead and spew it. What is it with you people? Are you like children that you can't keep it to yourselves? There is a fucking thread clearly marked SPOILERS so you can discuss away to your heart's content. But thanks again, because of assholes like you I'm sure to know the whole plot before I see the movie. :finger:

Er, what? AFAIK what he posted isnt any different from what I've been posting (observations from the clip) and you aren't exactly yelling at me.