ROTS Trailer *SPOILERS*

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Clone Sergeant
Padawan Learner

Post by Clone Sergeant »

Connor MacLeod wrote:
Stravo wrote:Clone Sargeant, nice of you to post spoilers about the battle over Coruscant despite my earlier warnings not to in a thread not marked spoilers. No where in that fucking trailer are your plot points hinted at but you choose to go ahead and spew it. What is it with you people? Are you like children that you can't keep it to yourselves? There is a fucking thread clearly marked SPOILERS so you can discuss away to your heart's content. But thanks again, because of assholes like you I'm sure to know the whole plot before I see the movie. :finger:

EDIT: Thread title edited so the kids can say what they want and I'll be exiting this thread.
Er, what? AFAIK what he posted isnt any different from what I've been posting (observations from the clip) and you aren't exactly yelling at me.
I mentioned a specific detail about the purpose of the battle, forgetting that it wasn't common knowledge at this point. And then proceeded to speculate about how that detail would affect the tactics we see in the battle. I have since deleted that part of my post to avoid a firestorm.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Well, that kicked huge amounts of arse.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Mlenk
Jedi Knight

Post by Mlenk »

HOLY SHIT! :shock: :D

*cleans off his keyboard*
Fire Fly
Jedi Council Member

Post by Fire Fly »

While I am very amazed and hopeful, I am also worried that the incredible amount of CGI will detract from the story. I mean, of course I want gigantic battles with death every where, but I would also like a story. Based on the trailer, this movie seems to be very different from all the other movies. I still have my fingers crossed!!
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Fire Fly wrote:While I am very amazed and hopeful, I am also worried that the incredible amount of CGI will detract from the story. I mean, of course I want gigantic battles with death every where, but I would also like a story. Based on the trailer, this movie seems to be very different from all the other movies. I still have my fingers crossed!!
I dunno about you but check out the clone close-up when they betray the Jedi, they look alot better. I don't understand how "CGI" can detract from the story, I'm guessing you mean CGI for the sake of CGI.
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Fuck yes.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

I'm shaking all over!

Question; Who's Obi-Wan Force pushing/resisting :?:

EDIT :: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Fucking Awesome! :D
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Fire Fly wrote:While I am very amazed and hopeful, I am also worried that the incredible amount of CGI will detract from the story. I mean, of course I want gigantic battles with death every where, but I would also like a story. Based on the trailer, this movie seems to be very different from all the other movies. I still have my fingers crossed!!
Those of us who actually follow spoilers, know by now that this thing has more story, action and drama than all five other episodes combined. Epic doesn´t even begin to describe it. 8)
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:That uber-res trailer isn't working for me, it skips and the audio won't sync up.
It might be poorly encoded or your computer is not powerful enough.
Caius
Padawan Learner

Post by Caius »

wow it gave me chills.

that bit with obi-wan and anakin, "But you were the chosen one" incredible.

it looked simply amazing. I wish the movie was out right now.

oh and to everyone who posted a link in some form, thanks for helping out those who didn't get to see it with the OC (although my reason: watching farscape)
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

phongn wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:That uber-res trailer isn't working for me, it skips and the audio won't sync up.
Or he doesn't have the right codec ... anyway it worked fine for me.
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

*orgasms*

Holy fucking shit.

"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?".

"You were the Chosen One!!!"

"Nooooooooo!!!! Meeesa wanna live......" - Oh crap, that one didn't happen...

I'm gonna go watch it again... and again.... and again.... until May 19th.
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

There is no emoticon to describe my reaction....

It makes me wonder....

Did George Lucas deliberately water down #1 and #2 and Beef up #3?
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

A few things.

Anyone else notice that ~35 seconds in that ship the Acclamator is trading fire with looks awefully "rebelesque"?

What the hell is up with those giant bubbles? Are they watching the fight?

"You are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of master." OH SNAP!

At ~1:19 seconds in, are those droids with Greivous carrying lightsabers? :D

WOOKIES OMG! That was badass.

That scene where Anakin is walking with the troops behind him? *shivers* Oh God I need to change my pants...

At 1:56 we see some missiles in the battle.

"You were the chosen one!" Oh man... just... oh man... wow.

Palpatine throwing fuckin' senate seats at Yoda... hot damn. I was hoping for a force using duel against these two giants, and it looks like I've got it.

2:16 in, I think we see a missile ship. A lot of red streaks fly from this one ship before it suffers from an explosion.

That final bit of Anakin and Obi-Wan swinging looks REALLY crappy compaired to the rest of the CGI.

And last but not least. *Vader breathing* Oh damn...

Alright, I have been looking through this trailer for something that might give away a problem, and I am generally spoil free, I found nothing. Abso-fucking-lutly nothing. Ok, I am happy now. Episode III is gonna get a few in theater watches from me.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

phongn wrote:
Mine doing the same, and yes I have to say my compy ain't powerful enough.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Captain Cyran wrote:What the hell is up with those giant bubbles? Are they watching the fight?
I'll minimize the answer as it is spoilerish for other people;

The scene is at the Galactic Opera House, they are watching a 'ballet' from Mon Calamari, performed in zero G. The giant bubbles are ... water! :wink:
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

You can find many pictures of the trailer here:
Starwars-Union trailer picture analysis
But be warned, the site is in German.
Admiral Bravo
Padawan Learner

Post by Admiral Bravo »

HOLY SHIT that was incredible!
"Just once I'd like to destroy a starship that we did'nt pay for!"- Imperial Admiral Hurkk at the Battle of Oovo IV

"Whats the last thing to go through an Imperial scout troopers head when he hits a tree? His afterburner."- joke told by rebel forces on Endor.

Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

The last scene makes me wonder. I've read that "Vader and Palpatine watch the construction of their new weapon". Of course we know what is meant, but that strikes me as strange.
They had build a 800km DS to 60% in 6 months, so why 18! years for a 160km one? Of course that could be only the test model (we know they have build at least one) of it. Also design and developing the design for the real construction will take time.
I hope that not becomes some huge contraidiction of known facts.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Tribun wrote:The last scene makes me wonder. I've read that "Vader and Palpatine watch the construction of their new weapon". Of course we know what is meant, but that strikes me as strange.
They had build a 800km DS to 60% in 6 months, so why 18! years for a 160km one? Of course that could be only the test model (we know they have build at least one) of it. Also design and developing the design for the real construction will take time.
I hope that not becomes some huge contraidiction of known facts.
The simplest explaination is that at the end of the Clone Wars, Palpatine didn't have the control nor the resources that he had at theight of the Empire.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Anyone else notice that ~35 seconds in that ship the Acclamator is trading fire with looks awefully "rebelesque"?
That´s intentional, to help confuse and twist people´s perceptions. Good goes to bad, bad goes to good etc. I believe you can spot one design that´directly taken from discarded Mon Cal shipdesigns (The Banking Clan stole some blue-prints from the Mon Cals.)

I also think it´s a Venator, not Acclamator.
What the hell is up with those giant bubbles? Are they watching the fight?
Mon Cal dancers in zero-g environment, bubbles are water (as stated above). They´re performing at the Coruscant Galaxies Theatre.
At ~1:19 seconds in, are those droids with Greivous carrying lightsabers? :D

Electro-staffs. The IG-100 Magnaguard use them to protect their master and they can stand against lightsabres.
2:16 in, I think we see a missile ship. A lot of red streaks fly from this one ship before it suffers from an explosion.
Yeah, I noticed that. Looked really nice.
That final bit of Anakin and Obi-Wan swinging looks REALLY crappy compaired to the rest of the CGI.
Didn´t look that bad to me. You have to remember they´re most likely swinging on giant chains and with all the unnatural red around them, it gets abit weird. Still didn´t look that bad, since it was a all a blurr anyway.[/quote]
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Fuck! It looks like my computer isn't good enough... I downloaded th high-res one from BT, then I dled WMP10, then DivX... Sucks to be me.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Solauren wrote:There is no emoticon to describe my reaction....

It makes me wonder....

Did George Lucas deliberately water down #1 and #2 and Beef up #3?
No, they were just more lighthearted and silly so the prequels wouldn't be a 7-hour downer.
Lone_Prodigy
Padawan Learner

Post by Lone_Prodigy »

Holy fuck!
"Are you threatening me, master Jedi?"
"But you were the chosen one!"
"Do what must be done. Show no mercy."
Why wonder why? The answer is simple: obviously, someone somewhere decided that he or she needed Baby Jesus up the ass.
-The Illustrious Darth Wong, on Jesus Dildos

Well actually, I am intellectually superior to you. In fact, the average person is intellectually superior to you.
-Mike to "Assassin X"
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Lone_Prodigy wrote:Holy fuck!
"Are you threatening me, master Jedi?"
Ian's delivery of that line is perfect!