ROTS Trailer *SPOILERS*

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

McC wrote:
Captain Cyran wrote:For Palpy vs. Yoda I want Lightsabers to be used sparingly if at all. I want the force battle to end all force battles.
Did you miss the senate chamber scene? Or Yoda's "OH SHIT!" look when Palps zaps him with Force-lightning? ;)
We saw the same in AotC, but it was still mainly a lightsaber duel.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Captain Cyran wrote: We saw the same in AotC, but it was still mainly a lightsaber duel.
I would imagine Palpy's more powerful in the lightning department than Dooku is.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

NecronLord wrote:
Captain Cyran wrote: We saw the same in AotC, but it was still mainly a lightsaber duel.
I would imagine Palpy's more powerful in the lightning department than Dooku is.
Obviously. But I'm just saying that if we look at AotC, we see in Yoda's battle with Dooku lightning and objects being thrown around, but the majority of the fight was still a lightsaber duel. So we can't just look at trailer and say that the Yoda-Palpatine fight is gonna be different.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Captain Cyran wrote:Personally, the thing that irks me most is Palpy and Yoda using lightsabers. Yes, I have no problem with them using it sometimes, but these are the fucking proverbial badasses of the entire Star Wars universe, their control of the force is unmatched even by Anakin. They should be able to control the force in ways we have never even thought possible. Their fights should practically be beyond the use of lightsabers as they are "Primitive and silly".

For example, when Palpy takes out those Jedi in his office, I want him to slice down only one, then use his incredible force powers to throw one out of his window and then maybe, I dunno, make the other one's head explode or something amazing. Then have to duel Windu because Windu is that fucking good with a lightsaber. For Palpy vs. Yoda I want Lightsabers to be used sparingly if at all. I want the force battle to end all force battles.[/i]
I think they should and are carefull with that, we see them doing feats above the best Jedi, or else it would turn into the Matrix and we all know what happened there. I just wished Palps showed some power in Episode 1-2, when he tells the Neimodian to get out of his sight, that he kill him all the way from Corusant. Though it could be argued he needed to keep power usage minimal to avoid detection and disturbances in the Force.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Captain Cyran wrote:
NecronLord wrote:
Obviously. But I'm just saying that if we look at AotC, we see in Yoda's battle with Dooku lightning and objects being thrown around, but the majority of the fight was still a lightsaber duel. So we can't just look at trailer and say that the Yoda-Palpatine fight is gonna be different.
Spoilers seem to indicate that it is, if I recall.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Oh fireworks and popping champagne bottles!! :shock: *creams* :oops:

I see I'm not the first. :twisted:

I have a feeling that this movie will make up for all the deficiencies of the first two. As long as Natalie Portman and Hayden Christiensen don't fuck it up with the shitty acting they displayed in AOTC. :evil:

I haven't looked forward to a sequel like this since Mortal Kombat II. Revenge of the Sith will rule!
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

Mario1470 wrote:Oh fireworks and popping champagne bottles!! :shock: *creams* :oops:

I see I'm not the first. :twisted:

I have a feeling that this movie will make up for all the deficiencies of the first two. As long as Natalie Portman and Hayden Christiensen don't fuck it up with the shitty acting they displayed in AOTC. :evil:

I haven't looked forward to a sequel like this since Mortal Kombat II. Revenge of the Sith will rule!
Sadly, Hayden Christianson still seemed a bit wooden and whiny in the way he tries to portray dark and brooding. Ewan McGregor stills seems fantastic, and Palpatine is just deliciously evil.. but unfortunately there's no character that has the chemistry of say Han Solo to Princess Leia, or Han Solo to Chewbacca.. all we have is C3P0 - "I've fallen and can't get up."
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

:shock: Holy shit. That's some pretty crazy shit.
d(-_-)b
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I just saw it.

Didn't have the impact the teaser did, but still much brilliance.

Looks to be a hell of a movie. :D
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

"Are you threatening me.... Master Jedi?"

SNIKT!

Nuff said! Woohoo!!
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

To Quote Sean Connery/Alain Quatermain: "I'm waiting to be impressed".

The trailer looked cool, but GL has tricked me twice by now. Good trailers, Bad movies...
And this scene with Anakin in his pyjama top looked like it could get as cringe-inducing as the dreadful "romance" scenes of Attack of the Clowns....
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Thank the small green pigmies of Cori Celesti for Independent British TV, saw the trailer before Boobyprise on T4, looks pretty damn cool :)
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

This isn´t from the trailer, but since we´re posting images of Palpatine:

Commence 0wnage! 8)
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

That picture needs a "would you buy a used car from this guy?" caption
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Lord Revan wrote:That picture needs a "would you buy a used car from this guy?" caption
Agreed. Great shot of Palpy. :)
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Anybody think Palpatine sounds a bit gay in that opening dialouge?
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Kurgan wrote:Anybody think Palpatine sounds a bit gay in that opening dialouge?
Well he is trying to seduce Anakin to the Dark Side. :P
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

No. Do you mean gay as in homosexual or gay as in lame?
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

The Original Nex wrote:- Anakin marching with a company of Stormtroopers, the marching steps were so eerie.
Strangely, I had a vision of a similar scene way back before TPM opened. But it was Anakin alone, marching into the Jedi Temple, and not even slowing down as he is confronted by Jedi who are Force-choked to death as he walks by them.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Lord Poe wrote:
The Original Nex wrote:- Anakin marching with a company of Stormtroopers, the marching steps were so eerie.
Strangely, I had a vision of a similar scene way back before TPM opened. But it was Anakin alone, marching into the Jedi Temple, and not even slowing down as he is confronted by Jedi who are Force-choked to death as he walks by them.
Leni Riefenstahl had such scenes in mind way before Lucas ever thought of Starwars :mrgreen:
Fear the power of Nazi-propaganda style :D
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Darth P44
Redshirt

Post by Darth P44 »

Dahak wrote:
Lord Poe wrote:
Leni Riefenstahl had such scenes in mind way before Lucas ever thought of Starwars :mrgreen:
Fear the power of Nazi-propaganda style :D
Well, it did WORK!!!!! 8) And those lineS "Do what must be done...show no mercy!!!!" brrrrrrrrrrr creppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Was it my impression or when Palpatine jumps towards Mace and the Jedi group, he is holding a DOUBLE LIGHTSABER, Darth Maul's Style???? :?
There is NO ESCAPE!
The Sith Will Rise Again!!!!
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Was it my impression or when Palpatine jumps towards Mace and the Jedi group, he is holding a DOUBLE LIGHTSABER, Darth Maul's Style????
Your impression. I've seen a Before the Helmet picture of Sidious' lightsabre being made by the props department, its a one-bladed, short-handle lightsabre.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Vympel wrote:
No. Do you mean gay as in homosexual or gay as in lame?
As in fruity.

And yeah, we see him use a single bladed saber in the previous teaser. Doesn't look like it has another emitter on the end.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

I just saw the trailer, after it broadcast on TV at the end of TESB.................

I wish only one thing. That the movie can live up to the trailer. I had my heart disappointed before by trailers, where the trailer seemed so awesome, but the movie sucked, or the trailer scenes were not in the movie at all and those were the cool bits............................................................................

Now, once again, off to no-spoiler land for me.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Holy. Fucking. SHIT.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.