ROTS Trailer *SPOILERS*

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Pint0 Xtreme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Pint0 Xtreme »

I don't know if anyone covered this yet but the clonetroopers look more like stormtroopers in the trailer.
Andras
Jedi Knight

Post by Andras »

The Blue Clone troopers also appear to be using E-11s
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Andras wrote:The Blue Clone troopers also appear to be using E-11s
that's probaly the Carbine version of the DC-15 (meaning without the long barrel), but I I'm not sure
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Alexus
Padawan Learner

Post by Alexus »

Oh.

Em.

Eff.

Gee.
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Imperial Overlord wrote:I know being a downer is going against the spirit of the moment, but both prequel movies had terrific trailers which were far better than the movies we actually got. While I am happy about getting a kickass trailer, it does not banish my fear of an inferior Episdoe III.
I feel exactly the same way as you do. Also, after seeing the trailer my wife turned to me and said "It's probably still going to suck, but it will be visually magnificent."
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
FTeik
Jedi Council Member

Post by FTeik »

Come on, people, TPM and AOTC weren't THAT bad.
The optimist thinks, that we live in the best of all possible worlds and the pessimist is afraid, that this is true.

"Don't ask, what your country can do for you. Ask, what you can do for your country." Mao Tse-Tung.
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

FTeik wrote:Come on, people, TPM and AOTC weren't THAT bad.
Yes and no respectively.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Except being good with fx, they sucked.
TPM was a filmed merchandise catalogue for Toys'R'Us, with rip-off scenes from several other films and the almost ubiquitous reference to Riefenstahl.
AOTC was a bit better, but then GL had to try romance. The sheer and utter torture that was is undescribable. Hayden had a grand total of 3 expressions: completely wooden (any tree would be proud...), spoilt brat, and ANGRY. Christopher Lee was acting like on auto-pilot, and the only thing most people seem to remember is the jumping green rubber ball a.k.a. Yoda.
Given the track record, I don't expect something good out of the new one, but then again, he can't sink any lower; so there is hope....
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

TPM wasn't that great of a retail seller. Then again, I'm still disappointed with the lack of decent ship designs, both in the movie and released as model kits from the movie.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Trytostaydead wrote:
Yes and no respectively.
I'm hoping it's No and No respectively once I DL the MagnoliaFan Edit version (A fan edit that is claimed to be superior to the theatrical cuts) of both movies. Supposedly this guy should have been hired as GL's editor, they're that good, at least that is what everyone tells me. Hopefully, MagnoliaFan won't have to make a fan edit of Episode III as well.
FTeik
Jedi Council Member

Post by FTeik »

Ewoks? Han and Leia-Romance anyone? Star Destroyers ramming each other? The very concept of lightsabre-fencing in an age of blasters?

Just because we are twenty years older and less easy to impress by now with the PT, than we were with the OT doesn't mean, that the PT consists of bad movies.
The optimist thinks, that we live in the best of all possible worlds and the pessimist is afraid, that this is true.

"Don't ask, what your country can do for you. Ask, what you can do for your country." Mao Tse-Tung.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Andras wrote:The Blue Clone troopers also appear to be using E-11s
No, they're a different kind of carbine. The big rifles used in AOTC are also still present however.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Agreed. I can still watch TPM, though I skip through the Gungan City part. And I like AOTC better than I do ROTJ.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

well TPM is ok and AOTC is good apart of the romance and I rhink that ROTS is gonna be at least as good as AOTC.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Lord Poe wrote:
Agreed. I can still watch TPM, though I skip through the Gungan City part. And I like AOTC better than I do ROTJ.
Let Lucas redo the Battle of Endor in a future edit. That's all I ask. We need much kickassery. AND PUT IN THE B-WINGS BLOWING SHIT UP, DAMMIT! :twisted:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Rogue 9 wrote:Let Lucas redo the Battle of Endor in a future edit. That's all I ask. We need much kickassery. AND PUT IN THE B-WINGS BLOWING SHIT UP, DAMMIT! :twisted:
I'd buy that for $59.95 again!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

They certainly were that bad.
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:
They certainly were that bad.
AOTC wasn't. TPM I couldn't give a shit about.
FTeik
Jedi Council Member

Post by FTeik »

At least in TPM it becomes clear, that the local natives would have lost, if not for the destruction of the droid-controlship.

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

TPM did give us a hell of a spectacle, plus the Vader breathing at the end of the credits was cool.

I liked AoTC more though. More than RoTJ.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

You know this trailer is missing a kick us sneak peak at some lightsabre dueling. Just quick glimpses and not that awe feeling that TPM had.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Darth P44
Redshirt

Post by Darth P44 »

TPM remade===> Blast Jar Jar Binks in the begginning of the Trade Fed. invasion. DO NO KILL DART MAUL!!!!

AOTC remade====>errrrrr....no Jar Jar binks

ROTJ remade===> Opening shot: DS 2 Blasts Endor , wipping out any traces of Ewok civilization!!!!

OH YEAH!!!! THAT WOULD MAKE A PERFECT 6 movies!!!!! :twisted:
There is NO ESCAPE!
The Sith Will Rise Again!!!!
Darth P44
Redshirt

Post by Darth P44 »

Dahak wrote:
Lord Poe wrote:
The Original Nex wrote:- Anakin marching with a company of Stormtroopers, the marching steps were so eerie.
Strangely, I had a vision of a similar scene way back before TPM opened. But it was Anakin alone, marching into the Jedi Temple, and not even slowing down as he is confronted by Jedi who are Force-choked to death as he walks by them.
Leni Riefenstahl had such scenes in mind way before Lucas ever thought of Starwars :mrgreen:
Fear the power of Nazi-propaganda style :D
Also the closing shots of AOTC, when the clones are marching to the ships and parading, with the ships lifting and going to war, with Palpatine and his entourage watching, were based in "The Triumph of the Will", that documented the NSDAP Gathering at Nuremberg, 1934.

She was a great cineast, no doubt about it, no matter the Evil portryed...it fits greatly with the SITH REVENGE
There is NO ESCAPE!
The Sith Will Rise Again!!!!
Aki-Wan Hanabi
Redshirt

Post by Aki-Wan Hanabi »

MUST........SEE.......IT......AGAIN!!!!!
:twisted:
Yeah! Finally we are getting to some serious business....and then the final battle is ruined by Jar Jar who will tell stupid jokes while Yoda and Palpy destroy the Senate on the background....
There is no emotion, there is peace,
there is no ignorance, there is knowledge,
there is no passion, there is serenity,
there is no death, there is the Force

Fear is the path to the Dark Side,
fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate...
hate leads to suffering
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Well just part of Trailler on MTV and damm (and yeah Obi-Wan's "chosen one"-line is good).