The Brave Little Toaster

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

a) what possessed you to grab all those screenies of the movie

and

b) yay! it's the radio! I always liked the radio in that movie....
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Ah, back when Disney made original stories...
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Did the air conditioner die?
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Actually, I think he did, he got replaced IIRC

but it's been over a decade since I saw the movie
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Wild Karrde
Jedi Knight

Post by Wild Karrde »

DarkSilver wrote:a) what possessed you to grab all those screenies of the movie

and

b) yay! it's the radio! I always liked the radio in that movie....
A) About 20 minutes free time, a recently aquired dvd version, and a disturbing lack of absolutely no footage from the movie itself on the net. :P

B)Image 8)
GALE FORCE/BOTM member and all around forum lurker.Image
Wild Karrde
Jedi Knight

Post by Wild Karrde »

DarkSilver wrote:Actually, I think he did, he got replaced IIRC

but it's been over a decade since I saw the movie
He eventually gets repaired near the end of the film by his owner.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... yer178.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... yer179.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... yer180.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... yer181.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... yer185.jpg
GALE FORCE/BOTM member and all around forum lurker.Image
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

This always one of my favorite movies. I bought it recently again on DVD! God, I know how to sing all the songs from the movie, too. My favorite is "Worhtless"
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

Did anybody else think that parts of that movie where really freaky? The appliance store and junk yard scenes mostly. That crazy creepy A/C getting all cranky then blowing up? Man that movie was cool. I still remember lines from the song with the crazy appliances.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Ah, another "Pre-requisite for a warped childhoo" movie. Oh, the memories...
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Quadlok
Rabid Monkey

Post by Quadlok »

Its out on DVD? Sweet. I got to go get that, it was one of my favorite movies as a kid, but not as good as Follow that Bird. Does anyone else remember that one? It was like a Sesame Street road film.
Watch out, here comes a Spiderpig!

HAB, BOTM
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

OMG!

:pounces and hugs wildly:

I LOVE this movie.

I still get sad when the flower dies when Toaster goes away :cry:
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

xBlackFlash wrote:OMG!

:pounces and hugs wildly:

I LOVE this movie.

I still get sad when the flower dies when Toaster goes away :cry:
I know, it's a tearjerker. I used to be all sad about the cars, especially the racecar. I still sometimes think back to his lines when I'm being all... philosophical and all. I dunno. It's sad.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Avalon616
Padawan Learner

Post by Avalon616 »

I don't know if I'm the only one, but...

I didn't see this movie until I was in college (I was a sheltered child :( ) , and when I did see it, I found parts of it rather creepy. Like the junkyard scene. The friends I was watching it with did too, but didn't remember it being that creepy as a child, they just remembered loving it.

Does that happen a lot, has any experienced? I remember watching the Labyrinth recently after not seeing it for years and years, and picking up soooo much sexual innuendo (like with the muppets that juggle their heads). Was I just very naive as a child?
Member- SOS:NBA | GALE
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Avalon616 wrote:I don't know if I'm the only one, but...

I didn't see this movie until I was in college (I was a sheltered child :( ) , and when I did see it, I found parts of it rather creepy. Like the junkyard scene. The friends I was watching it with did too, but didn't remember it being that creepy as a child, they just remembered loving it.

Does that happen a lot, has any experienced? I remember watching the Labyrinth recently after not seeing it for years and years, and picking up soooo much sexual innuendo (like with the muppets that juggle their heads). Was I just very naive as a child?
Oh, trust me. You pick up a -lot- of stuff later on. Just look at the Last Rainforest. Took me forever to realize that Hexxus was orgasming during the first heavy pollution scene/Toxic Love.
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

To bad they screwed everything up with Last Rainforest 2...

Hexxus was a neat lil spirit villan, voiced by Tim Currey wasn't he?
(That's nother movie I ain't seen in years....Last Rainforest)

Man I'm gonna miss that guy when he passes on...he has that distinctive voice and look that goes perfect for the sinister villans

And Robin Williams was hilarious as Batty Koda....I still get parts of the Bat Rap in my head every once in awhile
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Pick wrote: Oh, trust me. You pick up a -lot- of stuff later on. Just look at the Last Rainforest. Took me forever to realize that Hexxus was orgasming during the first heavy pollution scene/Toxic Love.
WHAT?!?!?

FUCK!!!

Another innocent childhood memory gone. :finger:
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
aten_vs_ra
Padawan Learner

Post by aten_vs_ra »

Pick wrote: Oh, trust me. You pick up a -lot- of stuff later on. Just look at the Last Rainforest. Took me forever to realize that Hexxus was orgasming during the first heavy pollution scene/Toxic Love.
Damn, now I've got to find that in the video store and check that out.

By the way, when the TV is trying to get the Master's attention, isn't there some fracas about one of the photographs he flashes. Don't remember what that's about though.
Jin Wicked wrote:Was bloody Scrooge McDuck a goth, too? Did he ever write bad poetry in his basement with the Monopoly Guy?

"Go directly to jail. Do not pass 'Go'. Do not collect two hundred dollars."
"Life is pain."
-------Crap I Drew on my Lunch Break
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Yes, Hexxus was the spirit of destruction goopy thing with 3 forms.
xBlackFlash wrote:
WHAT?!?!?

FUCK!!!

Another innocent childhood memory gone. :finger:

:oops: Hey, it was kind of a shocking moment when I realized it myself. But... Toxic Love made itself pretty clear in some ways.

I feel good - a special kind of horny
Flowers and trees depress and frankly bore me
I think I'll spew them all with cyanide salive
Pour me a puke cocktail and take me to the driver!
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

bastards..now I have to go and pick up brave little toaster and ferngully in order to rewatch these

good thing I'm going home tomorrow..
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote: :oops: Hey, it was kind of a shocking moment when I realized it myself. But... Toxic Love made itself pretty clear in some ways.

I feel good - a special kind of horny
Flowers and trees depress and frankly bore me
I think I'll spew them all with cyanide salive
Pour me a puke cocktail and take me to the driver!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow. I guess I'm never looking at that movie in quite the same way again.
JADAFETWA
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Wow, appliances with faces...
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

I loved that movie when i was 5.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Hell yeah, I loved that movie, but it really was creepy. Closest thing to a horror movie I'd watch at that age. Loved the marshmellow eating guy with the monster truck.

The Last Rainforest? Who the hell calls it that? I've always just heard it billed as Ferngully. I kind of liked that one too, but not as much as BLT. It was more my little sister's kind of movie. Warcraft III totally stole the ending to RoC from that. One thing that irks me, though, is that it ended up being a contributer to an unnecessarily dim view of logging and technology in the eyes of certain groups of idiots, and contributed to the advancement of extremist greens. Doesn't detract from the movie itself, just annoys me that it had that effect.

Oops! Gravity works.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar