The pic-heavy Amsterdam thread

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Chmee
Sith Marauder

The pic-heavy Amsterdam thread

Post by Chmee »

Arrived in AMS (Amsterdam-Schiphol) just after midnight after my flight from LHR (London Heathrow) thanks to the usual Heathrow 1-hr delay, and slept for 9 hours to catch up on the jetlag I hadn't caught up with all week in London.

Out & about on foot visitiing various favorite spots, just finished up dinner at an Argentine steakhouse just outside my hotel on this street:

Enjoyiing a little after-dinner smoke at The Bulldog (just a block from the hotel) and then over to SkySports Tavern to enjoy some live NCAA hoops action on the plasma screens, sipping cold beers and admiring the indescribably shaply blonde Canadian waitress that works the upstairs bar.

Enjoy your weekend, too.
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

I like how the dutch speak better english than i do :)
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

When you say "smoke", were you refering to the psychoactive THC variety?
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I have GOT to get to Amsterdam.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Where do you park?
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

RedImperator wrote:I have GOT to get to Amsterdam.
Knowing you you'll spend every waking moment sampling the wide assortment of cannabis products. :wink:
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

jmac wrote:
Knowing you you'll spend every waking moment sampling the wide assortment of cannabis products. :wink:
And hookers. Prostitution is legal in Amsterdam.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

aerius wrote:
jmac wrote:
Sampling the wide assortment of hookers? :lol: :lol:
d(-_-)b
Chmee
Sith Marauder

Post by Chmee »

Lt. Dan wrote:
aerius wrote:
jmac wrote: Knowing you you'll spend every waking moment sampling the wide assortment of cannabis products. :wink:
Sampling the wide assortment of hookers? :lol: :lol:
I have never been even slightly tempted by prostitution, although I have to admit there were a couple redlight shops/windows on the street one block from my hotel (there are 'little' redlight areas all over town) that were actually young, in good shape, and decent looking ..... nah, still not really tempted.

As for other tempting and only-legal-in-Amsterdam activities .... yes.

Downstairs at SkySports sports tavern, the hot little Brazilian is working the bar ... normally that black waitress doesn't look like the Queen of the Damned, that's a camera effect ..... probably.
Chmee
Sith Marauder

Post by Chmee »

Wicked Pilot wrote:Where do you park?
Not *all* the streets in Amsterdam are insanely narrow ... but it's still damned expensive to have a car there, from what I hear.