Singers whoose songs you just can't stand

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Singers whoose songs you just can't stand

Post by Vympel »

Now, this is not about the singer as person, its about their music, songs, lyrics, whatever.

Choose anyone you want. Me?

Missy Higgins. I fucking hate her singing. A new song of hers just came out and I'm being subjected to her particular brand of drivel every day at least three times. I think what makes me despise her singing is her accent. She's Australian, so I don't get where the hell it comes from, but its awful- nearly every word she utters i horribly mangled, as if there are letters inserted there that don't belong. For example, we all know how to say the word ... "sleep". The Missy Higgins (TM) way? "Sleaaaeeeeeeppppp" It's as if every word she utters has twenty "a's" in it. How can people enjoy this shit?

Ugh. Shits Me right off.

Rant off.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

All modern country singers.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Harry Chapin. Creator of such long shitty songs like "Cats in The Cradle". His songs all go for 5 minutes and are long and saddening.

Cat Stevens. Slightly happier version of Chapin.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Let's see, there's Britney Spears and all the other Britney Spears look a likes. Talk about unredeemable garbage. Don't get me wrong, they certainly have above average musical talent, but that can't save the shit they stamp on to CDs and sell to horny 14 year olds. I'm sure they know that their success is based on marketing and that they aren't contributing anything of value to the world of music, I just wish their fans would figure that out too.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Moving this to AMP, darlin'.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

That hatfucker who used to front Creed before he went on a huge coke bender.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

RedImperator wrote:That hatfucker who used to front Creed before he went on a huge coke bender.
Coke bender? That dude is a fucking fundie nutcase. That's why he quit Creed! He wants to be a solo Christian singer.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Superman wrote:
RedImperator wrote:That hatfucker who used to front Creed before he went on a huge coke bender.
Coke bender? That dude is a fucking fundie nutcase. That's why he quit Creed! He wants to be a solo Christian singer.
I thought the story was he had Jesus, then he lost him and wound up in rehab, and then he found Jesus again and is threatening to start singing again at any moment.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Arjona. What's up with that stupid raspy voice, and having to try to rhyme every damn line of your song? Damn.
Macross
Jedi Master

Post by Macross »

Lenny Kravitz (sp?), Annie Lennox, Alanis Morisette, any rapper who uses the phrases "know what i'm sayin,'" "yeah, yeah," or "Uh-Uh."
Iraq Weather Report: Sunni today, Shi’ite Tommorow

The Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Frankenstein...Wasting a minute of your time!
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Lil John....the man literally only says "WHAT! Yeahhhhh!!" throughout his rap. I already can't stand that rap hip hop shit but he epitomizes why that genre blows ass.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Robert Smith. Sorry for the fans (but not really) but I just can't stand his voice
Caius
Padawan Learner

Post by Caius »

Kim Mitchell - With such mind numbing songs as Patio Lanterns, Lager and Ale to name a few. Some might know him as the insanely annoying 2-7 host on toronto radio q107. It's worse because ever since he joined the station they play his songs more!
Julhelm
Jedi Master

Post by Julhelm »

Any Watchtower singer along with Gene Adams.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Avril Lavigne. But as I've said on previous occasions, I would not hesitate to fuck her.

Also, Lil Jon, and as I've said on previous occasions, I would not hesitate to fuck him up. Badly.

Most pop singers, actually. Like that annoying guy from Yellowcard. And the annoyingly pretenious Evanescene girl. And BON JOVI.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

Morrissey, something about him irks me.

Other that that.. hell i i can listen to most stuff and not complain. Just morrisey makes me want to go on a killing spree.
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Aqua. absolutely cannot stand aqua.

and whoever that one idiot is that made The Thong Song. *twitch*

i'm sure there's a few more i've more or less blocked out of my memory but can't think of right now.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Whitney Houston

IiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIeieieieie will alwayyyys loooooooooooooove Yaaaaaooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu ah ah ooooooooooooooooooo!!! :evil:

The Bodyguard was a suck ass piece of shit movie too.

Can't say I'm fond of Mariah Carey either. Back in the day she was cute and hightly fuckable (especially when she squeeked out those high notes) but now I just cant stand her singing. She's still attractive but being I just don't find the squeeking works with her being older.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Tsyroc wrote:Whitney Houston

IiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIeieieieie will alwayyyys loooooooooooooove Yaaaaaooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu ah ah ooooooooooooooooooo!!! :evil:
Grr...
You stole my line, you bastard :x
Tranan
Jedi Knight

Post by Tranan »

Celin dion. yes she migth bee a good singer but its sleping pils and my wife alwas wants to lisen to her i the blody car. were i sudent sleep.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Shania Twain, she's easy on the eyes, but her vioce reminds me of fingernails on a blackboard.

Maria Carry, that super high pitched squeel she does makes me think someone was raping a dolphin in the studio.

Every single last one of those weakassed Emo-bands. If I wanted to listen to whiny, pretentious assholes I'd read some goth-kid's blog poetry.

Good Charlott. If you think that shit is punk then you probably also believe that Jello Biafra is a new flavor of Jell-O.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Morrissey, but that might have something to do with my flatmates habit of playing th Smiths at 2 in the fucking morning more than his voice.

And Nelly Furtuardo (sp). "She has a unique voice" is the same as saying it's shit!
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Oh and Sean Paul. I can't stand that faggot :evil:
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Macy Gray. I'm convinced she gargles with shards of glass.

I can't stand Billie Holliday.

Justin Timberlake must die. Male singers just should not use falsetto, never mind have it comprise their entire vocal range.
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Do you remember the song Mickey by Tony Basil? Aroung 1999 (IIRC) the song was performed again by a bunch of "supposed-to-be-cute" chicks called Lolly.

Oh, and for more horrible tunes, try Aqua's songs like Barbie Girl and Dr. Jones.

IMHO, that's too bad, since Aqua CAN do some good songs like Turn Back Time.

But the I haven't even came up with the biggest nightmare yet.....

Well, do you still remember Asereje? Well if you think Las Ketchup is bad enough, few years ago there were a bunch of Hong Kong male singers did a version of that song. Yes. I'm talking about Asereje performed by MALE singers. With the same hand motions.