VERMONT (and beer)! (Muchas pictoras)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Zaia
Inamorata

VERMONT (and beer)! (Muchas pictoras)

Post by Zaia »

A friend of mine and I drove up to Burlington, Vermont this weekend to check it out since we're thinking of moving there this summer. I took about 90 pictures, but I'll probably only share about a dozen with y'all. Wouldn't want you to bore you to an early demise or anything... ;-)

Church Street in downtown Burlington. Lots of cute shops, really good restaurants, and crunchy granola types protesting things (the war in Iraq this weekend, since it was the 2nd anniversary).

Australia! The walkway on Church St. has got, among other artsy-ish things, a map of the world. Sans New Zealand, I'm sorry to say, Kiwis.

OMG, VERMONT IS T3H FREEZING!! Not really, it was about 36. This bank either is incredibly stupid or likes to fuck with tourists.

Magic Hat Beer! We went to the Magic Hat Brewery, and had an AWESOME time. The place kicks major ass, the people are great (and some of them are quite funny and hot), and the beer is good, or so I've been told (I don't drink beer). This is the checkout for the Magic Hat store (where I spent WAY too much money).

Magic Hat store. Yes, somewhere in there is plenty of merchandise.

Close-up of some of the Hall of Fame stuff, which is just a giant, life-size scrapbook of the Magic Hat brewery.

Beer tour sign. Gotta love Lite Brite.

I just like this pic. It's a close-up of all the six-pack boxes they have on display in the Hall of Fame.

Brewery vat things

Bottling things

Burlington from inside the aquarium that taught me all about Lake Champlain and its history (cool stuff, yo).

View of Lake Champlain from the aquarium

View of The Spirit of Ethan Allen III (whom EVERYTHING in Burlington is named after, so it seems) from the aquarium.

Outside of the aquarium

View of Bulington from on Lake Champlain (we walked out on the ice until we heard it rumble underneath us, which is when we thought it'd be a good idea to turn back).

Pretty little church in Montpelier, where we spent part of Sunday afternoon.

'The People's Chalkboard,' also in Montpelier. I like what they have to say. :D

There are plenty more photos as I took about 90, but I picked some of the ones I thought you guys might like to see. They're mostly just snapshots, since I didn't have time to set up real photographs, but some of them came out to my liking. Hope you liked 'em. :D
Last edited by Zaia on 2005-03-23 10:30pm, edited 1 time in total.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Maybe that bank was talking about the angle of the corner? :P

That being said, it looks like a cool (cold even) little town. And I'm surprised the People's Chalkboard doesn't have more profanity on it.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

The People's Chalkboard? Communists! :D

Seriously, though, it seems like a nice place to visit, but I'd be bored to tears living there.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Woooooooo, purtty :D
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Re: VERMONT! (Muchas pictoras)

Post by Stofsk »

Zaia wrote:Australia! The walkway on Church St. has got, among other artsy-ish things, a map of the world. Sans New Zealand, I'm sorry to say, Kiwis.
Pwned! NZ is a part of Oz anyway, they just don't know it yet - or can't admit the truth.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Magic Hat is teh shizzzzzzznet! No. 9 is great, but Fat Angel is my favorite.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Col. Crackpot wrote:Magic Hat is teh shizzzzzzznet! No. 9 is great, but Fat Angel is my favorite.
You get four little tasters (like a shot of beer, essentially) for free at the brewery, and I had No. 9 first, which was eh (again, I don't like beer), but Mother Lager was almost good, so that has to be my Magic Hat beer of choice if made to pick one. If you haven't tried it, you should; the friend I went with loves beer and now has Mother Lager as one of her all-time favourite beers.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman