New music you're looking forward to

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

IndustrialNoise
Jedi Knight

New music you're looking forward to

Post by IndustrialNoise »

What new music is due to come out soon that you're looking forward to?
Recently released is fine too.

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
Tool
Mudvayne
System of a Down
Queens of the Stone Age
::SoS:NBA ::GDC::
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Evanescence's new album, whenever it comes out. :D
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Why is it that everybody but me likes System of a Down?
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
IndustrialNoise
Jedi Knight

Post by IndustrialNoise »

I know plenty of people who don't like System, I'm just not one of them.
::SoS:NBA ::GDC::
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Re: New music you're looking forward to

Post by Zac Naloen »

Fighter of Foo wrote:
Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
Tool
Mudvayne
System of a Down
Queens of the Stone Age

im gonna quote cos my list is practically the same. cept replace mudvayne with Rachel Stamp.
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

I've been really weird with music lately. Almost everything I've been listening to recently is like, discovering old bands that are amazing and no one remembers / has ever heard of. I doubt there will be anything new coming out along those lines, just more discoveries.
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Well, I was looking forward to Tori's new album, The Beekeeper. But I'm not anymore, since GR got it for me for my birthday. :D

PS: It's FANTASTIC. If any of you like Tori and don't have it yet, go. Now. Buy. Listen. Thank me.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

The Star Wars Episode III soundtrack.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Durandal wrote:Why is it that everybody but me likes System of a Down?
Who knows, it seems the same way to me with Tool. I can't stand them, but everyone else seems to love them. Personally, I thought Toxicity + from System sucked, and their prime work is their self titled album, suite pee and sugar especially.

All my favouriet bands released something fairly recently, so I don't know who to look forward to. Oh, actually that new NIN song sounds cool.

The last Mudvayne album was so wussy I couldn't listen to it, not holding out much hope for their new one.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Durandal wrote:Why is it that everybody but me likes System of a Down?
I find them incredibly touch and go. ::shrugs::

Actually, though, I think Wolfsheim has a new album coming out, so I'll be looking forward to that, as well as The Crüxshadows' new one.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Mr. T
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. T »

I want blink 182 to make another album. Damn them going on hiatus :(
Queeb Salaron
Jedi Council Member

Post by Queeb Salaron »

Zaia wrote:PS: It's FANTASTIC. If any of you like Tori and don't have it yet, go. Now. Buy. Listen. Thank me.
Went. Recently. Bought. Listened. Thanking you. ;)

Edit: Couple of new ones I'm looking forward to:

Reel Big Fish
Brand New
NIN
A Perfect Circle / Tool

And of course I'm waiting for Metallica to release an album that doesn't suck, and that's reminiscent of their old stuff. They're turning into has-beens, and I just can't stand it.
Proud owner of The Fleshlight
G.A.L.E. Force - Bisexual Airborn Division
SDnet Resident Psycho Clown

"I hear and behold God in every object, yet I understand God not in the least, / Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself."
--Whitman

Fucking Funny.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Queeb Salaron wrote:
Zaia wrote:PS: It's FANTASTIC. If any of you like Tori and don't have it yet, go. Now. Buy. Listen. Thank me.
Went. Recently. Bought. Listened. Thanking you. ;)
*grins*

I second Blink-182, too. I loved their latest CD, and I want another that good, damnit!
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Garbage just brought out a new album so i'm happy at the moment.

My other wish if for the Scissor Sisters to stop touring and make a new album. I've listened to the current album so much the CD is about to melt.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Besides the obvious Ep III Sdtk.

Audioslave

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

If Within Temptation ever releases a new album...

Or Evanescence...

... or best yet, E Nomine.

But I don't actually keep track, so I have no idea.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Queeb Salaron wrote:And of course I'm waiting for Metallica to release an album that doesn't suck, and that's reminiscent of their old stuff. They're turning into has-beens, and I just can't stand it.
I swear it's like they're actually trying to suck. I know they can still play as well as they ever have, they just can't write songs anymore for some reason.

Can't think of anything I want in the near future, all the ones I wanted released albums within the last year and they're not known for being prolific.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Caius
Padawan Learner

Post by Caius »

Billy Idol - Devils Playground. It's out, I've just got to get it. What can I say, I love the guy.
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

Zac Naloen wrote:im gonna quote cos my list is practically the same. cept replace mudvayne with Rachel Stamp.
You're only the second person I've met to even know who Rachel Stamp are, let alone like them.

Anyway, like Zac said, Rachel Stamp, and Kill Hannah if they're planning on releasing anything soon.
"I would, for instance, fellate a smurf before I pick death." Dylan Moran
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EBC's Devonian Deviant | GALE's Supplementary Bi Brit | BoTM's Raw Recruit | GDC's Horny Delphinidae | I'm with RMA | CoIB
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

Dorsk 81 wrote:
Zac Naloen wrote:im gonna quote cos my list is practically the same. cept replace mudvayne with Rachel Stamp.
You're only the second person I've met to even know who Rachel Stamp are, let alone like them.

Anyway, like Zac said, Rachel Stamp, and Kill Hannah if they're planning on releasing anything soon.
you heard the preview tracks?

Ravenous is gonna rock so much.
saw them live in october, best gig i've been too 8)
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

Zac Naloen wrote:you heard the preview tracks?

Didn't even know they were releasing anything new, I hardly ever try yo keep up with music, the way I find out about new material is to check WinMX for new stuff every few weeks or so.
saw them live in october, best gig i've been too 8)
...I hope you have a hangover from last night. :P
"I would, for instance, fellate a smurf before I pick death." Dylan Moran
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EBC's Devonian Deviant | GALE's Supplementary Bi Brit | BoTM's Raw Recruit | GDC's Horny Delphinidae | I'm with RMA | CoIB
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

Dorsk 81 wrote:
Zac Naloen wrote:you heard the preview tracks?

Didn't even know they were releasing anything new, I hardly ever try yo keep up with music, the way I find out about new material is to check WinMX for new stuff every few weeks or so.

You soo need to talk to me on msn.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I just heard today the Foo Fighters will have a new album out in June, which is nice.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
SeebianWurm
Padawan Learner

Post by SeebianWurm »

The Dandy Warhols have a new one coming out soon. I don't really like the title but I like pretty much everything they've done. Of course I've only listened to them since just after their last album came out, so this is the test of whether I really like them or just their heretofore collected works.

Also, I think Beck just released Guero which I have yet to pick up.
[ Ye Olde Coked-Up Werewolf of the Late Knights ]

Fuck fish.
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

I'm looking forward to buying Picaresque (though I've heard mostly all of it) by The Decemberists, and word is that Radiohead has a new album coming out sometime in the near future, which I'm excited about. Other than that, I can't stand much of mainstream, just because it gets so saturated on the airwaves. I listen to college or talk radio, because that's all that has new/interesting things to say.
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.