Nerd Shelves! (possibly pic-heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Dalt, what are those Cowboy Bebop DVDs you have?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Dalt, what are those Cowboy Bebop DVDs you have?
Oh, sorry, missed your question the first time.

It's a "Perfect Sessions" box that I bought off of the internet. Didn't realize they weren't legitimate.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Oh yeah, for those who commented on my pirate ship, that's a (very dusty) Black Seas Barracuda. I wanted to get one of the bigger ones but it was unfeasible at the time - that thing is like ten years old at the very least!
To Absent Friends

Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Speaking of Lego sets, the Lego thing on the top of my shelf is my Corellian Corvette, which I built about five years ago from scratch...
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

I'm ashamed of my shelves... the only thing I have that qualifies is my books... :oops:
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Dalton wrote:Oh yeah, for those who commented on my pirate ship, that's a (very dusty) Black Seas Barracuda. I wanted to get one of the bigger ones but it was unfeasible at the time - that thing is like ten years old at the very least!
Is that the one with the two canons per side and the little holds at either end? I think that's one I wanted so badly as a kid...*sighs whistfully*
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Dalton wrote:Oh yeah, for those who commented on my pirate ship, that's a (very dusty) Black Seas Barracuda. I wanted to get one of the bigger ones but it was unfeasible at the time - that thing is like ten years old at the very least!
Is that the one that was twinned with all the french legionnaire port sort of stuff? I can never remember which lego sets coincided with each other. All I know is the Phoenix castle dudes were always the best, but that's getting decidedly OT. :D
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

God damn you brought back memories, Dalton. My only set from that series is the Caribbean Clipper, although she's presently in many pieces amongst my containers. I have three of the Town seaport sets partially dismantled and put away, as well.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Robert Walper wrote:Is that the one with the two canons per side and the little holds at either end? I think that's one I wanted so badly as a kid...*sighs whistfully*
Two cannons, four ports. I think so, yeah.
El Moose Monstero wrote:Is that the one that was twinned with all the french legionnaire port sort of stuff? I can never remember which lego sets coincided with each other. All I know is the Phoenix castle dudes were always the best, but that's getting decidedly OT. :D
In this case your memory betrays you :) It was a lone set.
Firefox wrote:God damn you brought back memories, Dalton. My only set from that series is the Caribbean Clipper, although she's presently in many pieces amongst my containers. I have three of the Town seaport sets partially dismantled and put away, as well.
I think I wanted that one, but it's been years...
To Absent Friends

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Damn, my bookshelves look unbelievably girly compared to all of yours. Maybe I'll take some pics, anyway... Got nothin' but laundry to do today (yeah spring break!). :D

Edit:

Ok, here are the bookcases I have. As you will see, I need to buy another bookcase soon because my main one is jam-packed, but I'm not buying one before I move, since that would be silly.

My largest bookcase. I don't have much space, so I have some of my photos in front of my books and things (as you can see), but that will be rectified when I get a new place too.

My LotR and HP books. That makes them kinda nerdy, right?

Look, there's a Cowboy Bebop book in there!

My fairy tales, children's lit, and other things.

It's nerdy to have children's books in Latin and German, isn't it?

Just a handful of my music books (not including my lesson books, scores, etc), in my music bookshelf, where my Aus books are right now too (again, not enough space). The rest of my music books are in a pile (ok, five large piles) on the floor of my bedroom, waiting to be packed to move.

Random pile of books on my hassock. Again, I need more bookshelves.

A close-up of some of my witchy books and some of my classics.

More classics...

Some of my poetry collection. Gotta love Ovid, yo.

My tiny video collection. Add seven or eight DVDs and three more video games to that and you have my entire movie & video game collection.

Bonus material! Another couple of shelves of mine that I'll bet don't look like most of yours. :D

"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Damn, look at all those books!

Oh yeah, I have more stuff that I totally forgot about.

The top of my desk.

The cubbyhole next to my monitor. That pic is me and my niece.

More books. That jar contains several years' worth of movie stubs.
To Absent Friends

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Zaia wrote:Damn, my bookshelves look unbelievably girly compared to all of yours.
That'd be because you're a girl, m'dear. :P

Anyways, I'd post pics of my bookshelves if I had any decent amount of them. As of right now, most of my books are either stacked in layers in desk drawers or lying around in stacks on the floor. I intend to get a bookcase in the near future, so I'll post pics of it then.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

fgalkin wrote:
Zaia wrote:Damn, my bookshelves look unbelievably girly compared to all of yours.
Yeah, but I didn't realize they looked that girlie...:P
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Zaia wrote:Ok, here are the bookcases I have. As you will see, I need to buy another bookcase soon because my main one is jam-packed, but I'm not buying one before I move, since that would be silly.
I guessing then that all your photos of me are on the wall somewhere as opposed to on the shelves.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Wicked Pilot wrote:
Zaia wrote:Ok, here are the bookcases I have. As you will see, I need to buy another bookcase soon because my main one is jam-packed, but I'm not buying one before I move, since that would be silly.
I guessing then that all your photos of me are on the wall somewhere as opposed to on the shelves.
My shrine to you is next to my bed. Obviously.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Hahhaha, my nerd shelves outdo you all.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

I'll see if I can ever get a picture of my geek shelf up when I finally manage to get a digital camera, computer, and broadband connection all in one location. :P It's full of D&D books.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Clone Sergeant
Padawan Learner

Post by Clone Sergeant »

My humble collection.

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Zaia wrote:
fgalkin wrote:
Yeah, but I didn't realize they looked that girlie...:P
Because you're THAT girly compared to the rest of us nerds. :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

fgalkin wrote:Because you're THAT girly compared to the rest of us nerds. :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I guess so. :mrgreen:

By the way, did you see my Tolstoy?
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Zaia wrote:
fgalkin wrote:Because you're THAT girly compared to the rest of us nerds. :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I guess so. :mrgreen:

By the way, did you see my Tolstoy?
yeah

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Left side of Das Library.

Right side of Das Library

Google up the prices on these books on Amazon :twisted:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

MKSheppard wrote:Left side of Das Library.
Right side of Das Library
Those all yours?

PS: I was asking the Russian shroom in particular about the Tolstoy. That book happens to be the only one in my collection that I haven't read front to back, because I got about 3/4 of the way through it when I realize I had absolutely no idea what was going on because everyone had four names and I couldn't keep them straight. (I was also 14 when I read it, so that might've had something to do with it too. :D)
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Zaia wrote:Those all yours?
95% of it is. Except for a small manga collection by das brother.

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

MKSheppard wrote:
Zaia wrote:Those all yours?
95% of it is. Except for a small manga collection by das brother.
And here I was thinking you didn't know how to read by the number of times you've posted threads in the wrong forum.