Old lightsabre video we made...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Cyran:

PVC's too brittle. Use wood dowels from a hardware store like Lowe's or something, you can get them in sizes up to inch and a half, IIRC. They'll still break, but they'll take a hell of a beating first... you'll want to go with about, oh, 3/4 inch, 1/2 inch perhaps. Make sure your 'handles' will hold 'em securely enough, though.... nothin' more embarrassing than your lightsaber taking flight mid-combat! :P
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Elheru Aran wrote:Cyran:

PVC's too brittle. Use wood dowels from a hardware store like Lowe's or something, you can get them in sizes up to inch and a half, IIRC. They'll still break, but they'll take a hell of a beating first... you'll want to go with about, oh, 3/4 inch, 1/2 inch perhaps. Make sure your 'handles' will hold 'em securely enough, though.... nothin' more embarrassing than your lightsaber taking flight mid-combat! :P
It may be brittle, but PVC hurts less when you get hit with it. Though the main reason to use PVC is because it is light, because it is light that means we can very easily balance the lightsabers so the weight is at the handle (Yes, we did this).
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Wuss. That just gives you more incentive to *not* get hit, and therefore make it look more realistic... :P

And seriously, dowels aren't *that* heavy. You can likely get a balsa one if you're really concerned about weight though it'll be a bit more expensive; otherwise, just put a lead slug in the base of your lightsaber. Poof, no more weight problem... though if you want to thump them with the pommel, might want to be careful....
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Robert Walper wrote:Hey YT300000, hurry your ass up, grow up and let's make one. ;) :P
Judging by your fighting ability in that movie, I'd take your head off with my second swing. :P

Nice editting, but the fighting itself was bad in many areas and ways, sadly dealt with in previous posts, so I can't chew you out over them again. :P
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

YT300000 wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:Hey YT300000, hurry your ass up, grow up and let's make one. ;) :P
Judging by your fighting ability in that movie, I'd take your head off with my second swing. :P
Coming from a guy with kittens in his avatar? My fear runs oh so deep... ;)
Nice editting, but the fighting itself was bad in many areas and ways, sadly dealt with in previous posts, so I can't chew you out over them again. :P
I guarantee you any future video I make will have vastly better fighting. 8)
Korvan
Jedi Master

Post by Korvan »

I thought it was quite good, especially for a first attempt with no editing. The one thing I would suggest for next time is to focus a bit on not looking to rehearsed. The best fights I've seen on film and TV, make me believe that the two fighters actually want to kill each other. This can be tricky to do as you either need to be a great actor, or have a general disregard for safety.

Good luck on your next attempt, I look forward to seeing it.
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Korvan wrote: Good luck on your next attempt, I look forward to seeing it.
Don't count on one anytime soon...the closest possibility at the moment is maybe YT300000, but he's understandably intimidated and fearful of me. :twisted:
Dead_Ghost
Padawan Learner

Post by Dead_Ghost »

Robert Walper wrote:
Don't count on one anytime soon...the closest possibility at the moment is maybe YT300000, but he's understandably intimidated and fearful of me. :twisted:
Too bad, 'cause I too think that your vid looks quite nice, most especially considering it's a first.
Thumbs up for'em. Hope you'll manage to do a second. :P
Mark S wrote:Maybe they're allowed to have all the casual sex they want. It's not sex that's forbidden, it's attachment.

"Go forth and fuck her brains out, my young Padawan. Just remember, no cuddling and pillow talk afterwards."
- Concerning the topic "Jedi training and sexuality"
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Robert Walper wrote:
Yeah, the stench is utterly overpowering.

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

YT300000 wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:
Well, you could always try wearing scented diapers to try and help that habit of shitting yourself in fear... :twisted:
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Robert Walper wrote:
YT300000 wrote:
Robert Walper wrote: Don't count on one anytime soon...the closest possibility at the moment is maybe YT300000, but he's understandably intimidated and fearful of me. :twisted:
Well, you could always try wearing scented diapers to try and help that habit of shitting yourself in fear... :twisted:
Nice one.

As for the video, well, after I'm done with school I'll consider it, but you'll probably have ended your life in utter despair thanks to your social ineptitude by then. :wink:

Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

YT300000 wrote:
Robert Walper wrote:
YT300000 wrote: Yeah, the stench is utterly overpowering.
Nice one.
hehe... :P
As for the video, well, after I'm done with school I'll consider it, but you'll probably have ended your life in utter despair thanks to your social ineptitude by then. :wink:
Well, I might be able to hold out for a while longer. We'll see what happens. ;)