how to make a radio show....

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

how to make a radio show....

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

got a strange Idea

how could we assemble a radio show cast with different people from around here playing different parts etc...

I know this should be feasable with basic recording tech available on the internet, but I don't have the slightest Idea how

oh well

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Count me in. I'll be the annoying bastard who doesn't finish any sentence without "Resistance is futile". Ever. I'll be hated. :twisted: :wink:
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

Basic idea

Create a script (unless you wanted this semi-improve) and create a chat room with voice-chat (a YIM chat room has VC options) assign the parts.

Have all get together in designated VChat room, with scripts, and someone capable of doing any needed soundeffcts over thier mic, and have another person set it to record using Audio Forge or a similar recording program.

You can then stream it via Winamp (if thier still have Shoutcast), or Realstream (or whatever it's called). Used to do that when I was streaming for a chatsite a couple years back, forget what the realplayer streaming software was called...

*edit: if you set everything up and give it till the end of June....I'd be willing to play some small part.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.