ISD-Next: ReDeux

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

ISD-Next: ReDeux

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Some of you may remember that my first ever post here was HERE concerning a new class of Star Destroyer I had thought up for the fun of it. Of course I never got a good reaction after my after attempt to draw my own StarWars ship. Mainly because It wasn't as practical as I thought myself, and was more made for fun.

Well, Being a bit bored this morning, I went back and reworked the placement of a few things and came up with a NEW version of it. It should be noted that in both cases, what I really wanted to do more then anything, was to actually 'Map Out' the placement of all the guns on an ISD, as I'm not sure that’s something that’s ever been done before.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ra
Padawan Learner

Post by Ra »

I like it. My only suggestion is to design a new bridge tower, since you don't have a side view yet. Make the tower neck shorter, so you can lower the forward target aspect (as silly as that sounds for a mile-long starship).
The best things I like about the ISD-Next are the hangars and the wide hull blades. Otherwise, it's a balanced and excellent design. Placing the super-HTL's on the equator vastly improves anti-capship capability, since fire can be directed to both hemispheres, not just the top like the old ISD.
- Ra
The Wookiee
Lex Wookos

Post by The Wookiee »

It doesn't really seem to me to be a good idea to put the guns with likely the greatest recoil on the "wings" of the thing. They should be nearer the centerline, I'd think...
"I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: Let The Wookiee win."
SDnet BBS Administrator: Service With A Roar (And A Hydrospanner)
Knight of the Order of the Galactic Empire

Do not taunt The Wookiee.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

The Wookiee wrote:It doesn't really seem to me to be a good idea to put the guns with likely the greatest recoil on the "wings" of the thing. They should be nearer the centerline, I'd think...
Not to mention that it severely limits their field of fire.
While we're at it some dimensions would be nice.
*looks over his shoulder nervously*
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'