Jewelry I, GSU, Spring 2005, by guess whom...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Jewelry I, GSU, Spring 2005, by guess whom...

Post by Elheru Aran »

So, well, the title pretty much describes it... :D

A fibula made from nickel silver wire hammered flat and bent then folded. Maybe three inches wide, four inches across span? Unpriced, probably about five bucks.

Brooches. They suck muchly IMO, but then the pic's blurry so you can't really see the flaws... that round one there was a PAIN in the arse to solder. I think it's better than the silver one, actually-- tried to rivet the circle on that silver one, but didn't do too good a job, so it ended up loose... they're between two-three inches in diameter. Also unpriced-- I'd say fifteen bucks each, get both for twenty-five.

Earrings-- moonstone, nickel silver, nu-gold (brass and copper alloy). The crescent shape was inspired by the moonstones cause, well, moon, crescent, that kind of thing... :P

They're actually about the size of, oh, between a nickel and a quarter. Price's $25.

ImageImage

Earrings, nu-gold and nickel silver rings. Kingsmail pattern. Bit heavy, but decent lookin'. Roughly an inch and a half from the hook to the bottom. $20.

ImageImage

These are probably my favorite earrings out of the bunch-- hammered sterling silver with glass beads and sterling wire. $30.

Bit blurry, sorry... nickel silver and nu-gold chain, Byzantine pattern. Each set of links is about an inch or so long, the rings are roughly a bit more than a quarter of an inch in diameter. $72 (the reason it's expensive is because of the time spent making it-- well over eight hours, plus 20% guild fee)

And my favorite piece...

Modified Persian chain mail bracelet, again in nickel and nu-gold. $30-- pretty good deal for this, I'd say.

A better view of the links...

Incidentally, for y'all who are wondering, it's mostly semiprecious metals because, frankly, I was more or less broke most of the time during this class; the lab fees covered the nonprecious metals, but I had to buy everything else including the sterling silver and moonstones.

So, anyways-- opinions? Criticism? Comments?

EDIT: Added prices for anybody who might be interested in purchasing these pieces.
Last edited by Elheru Aran on 2005-05-04 10:15pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Jesus. When do you start your Blacksmithy class?
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

the brooches look pretty good, though you can tell on the non-round one that it's got some of the points bent at awkward angles as opposed to being straight. otherwise, not too shabby overall.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Lindar
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lindar »

*makes a vote* I think Heru should make jewelry as a hobby....
the longer i wait,the more i forget.the more i forget, the longer the list of desires grows. for that which is wanted is forbidden. and we all know that forbidden fruit is often the sweetest.Don'tcha wish your g/f was a witch like me?~*~AYVBABTU
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Darth_Zod wrote:the brooches look pretty good, though you can tell on the non-round one that it's got some of the points bent at awkward angles as opposed to being straight. otherwise, not too shabby overall.
it's *supposed* to be that way... *grumbles*

But thanks everybody... anybody else?

Oh, and Tas? Since I've had some stuff come up, Blacksmithing may not happen for awhile... I've had to rearrange my classes something major. But I'll let ya know when it does happen...
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

So........ are you gonna be selling the moonstone earrings?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

LadyTevar wrote:So........ are you gonna be selling the moonstone earrings?
Big art sale goin' down here at school, I'll be selling what I can, but if you're interested, I can put them on reserve for you. Hmm... I reckon I might as well put the prices up for anybody who's interested...
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Those look so nice that I can't get myself to make fun of your class like I was wanting to. :wink:

Seriously, those are really nice.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Did you realize those earings were in the shape of the Rebel Alliance insignia?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

I can just see some girl getting those and wearing them to the local stormtrooper legion meeting. She'd promptly get sharp-eyed troopers quipping "You are a member of the Rebellion and a traitor..."
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Did you realize those earings were in the shape of the Rebel Alliance insignia?
Entirely accidental, I assure you. Was originally doing a silver crescent on a gold circle, but changed my mind and modified it like you see it now... they're supposed to hang points-down like that.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Elheru Aran wrote:
Darth_Zod wrote:the brooches look pretty good, though you can tell on the non-round one that it's got some of the points bent at awkward angles as opposed to being straight. otherwise, not too shabby overall.
it's *supposed* to be that way... *grumbles*

But thanks everybody... anybody else?

Oh, and Tas? Since I've had some stuff come up, Blacksmithing may not happen for awhile... I've had to rearrange my classes something major. But I'll let ya know when it does happen...
oh, it is? well, okay. . .it just looks like you got a little too enthusiastic with the hammer in one of the corners and wound up accidentally bending it at an odd angle. :P
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Darth_Zod wrote:oh, it is? well, okay. . .it just looks like you got a little too enthusiastic with the hammer in one of the corners and wound up accidentally bending it at an odd angle. :P
Hmph. All the corners are bent, actually... sort of a running wave around the edge. Straightened it out this morning with my fingers though, so nyah. :P
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Fucking love the necklace. These are all really beautiful hun :D
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Wow, pretty spiffy stuff.

Dis be da shiznit, nigga! Shizzle ma dizzle, lookit dis chainz and bling-bling, ma homies! Ma nigga, you be the sheeit, ya biotch! Hay, I be buying ya a hoe! Word. :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!