Another one of my designs

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

any suggestion for a struture/grid to the nacelles
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

some more detail
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I was thinking about colors for this one, any suggestions?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

OK first colored version
It's just top view untill I figure out the weapon placement.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

OK some stats

Weapons:1 Phase cannon, 2 Plasma(or Laser) cannon and 2 torpedo tubes
Warp capablity: Max warp 4.5 (for one hour).
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

From the top it looks like a CF (Fast Cruiser) from SFB, which is basically a Connie with the shovel saucer and slightly longer nacelles.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Deathstalker wrote:From the top it looks like a CF (Fast Cruiser) from SFB, which is basically a Connie with the shovel saucer and slightly longer nacelles.
could be, but do you like it or not?
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

Your ship is essentially an Akiraprise with a shovel saucer. Do you have a story on why the saucer is designed the way it is. It's a good drawing anyway.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

well the saucer shape to me at least seem to give more space then dish shaped saucer (ship smaller then the NX or Intrepid (ENT era)).

A colored front view (and the top view(also colored)) with the phase cannon hatch and torp tube visible.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

You could percievably have a larger M/ARA with the big block secondary hull or more fuel giving the ship better range than the Akira-prise.

That would actually make more sense than the booms on the NX.

With the one phase cannon, it'll be interesting to see where you mount it. getting good coverage will be hard with just one mount. Make sure you cover other arcs with the plasma cannons.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Knife wrote:You could percievably have a larger M/ARA with the big block secondary hull or more fuel giving the ship better range than the Akira-prise.

That would actually make more sense than the booms on the NX.

With the one phase cannon, it'll be interesting to see where you mount it. getting good coverage will be hard with just one mount. Make sure you cover other arcs with the plasma cannons.
this ship ain't front line combat ship, but a scout, so the phase cannon (which is mounted on the Ventral side of saucer (leading edge) between the torp tubes).
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Lord Revan wrote:this ship ain't front line combat ship, but a scout, so the phase cannon (which is mounted on the Ventral side of saucer (leading edge) between the torp tubes).
So are the two plasma cannons or laser cannons going to be on the Dorsal side of the saucer?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I haven't desided yet.