'Goblet of Fire' movie stills! (Pic heavy, dur)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Durandal wrote:Uh, I'm 22. So yeah I can. I need her to be 18 so I don't go to prison.
But isn't it still illegal for you to supply alcohol to a person under the legal drinking age?

And: Teaser Trailer at Apple.com.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Zaia wrote:
Durandal wrote:Uh, I'm 22. So yeah I can. I need her to be 18 so I don't go to prison.
But isn't it still illegal for you to supply alcohol to a person under the legal drinking age?
That's what I was thinking. I thought you not only had to be 21 to buy alcohol, but if you buy it for someone then he or she has to be 21 too.

Hey, if I'm wrong then good. I never understood why you young Americans are penalised for drinking and have to wait longer than the rest of us.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

If that's Fleur (the blond girl), then she'd better have a HUGE rack because she doesn't nearly fit the part, otherwise. This girl is supposed to have magical seductive powers, and she should literally be able to drop jaws when she walks into a room. That girl doesn't do it.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Master of Ossus wrote:If that's Fleur (the blond girl), then she'd better have a HUGE rack because she doesn't nearly fit the part, otherwise. This girl is supposed to have magical seductive powers, and she should literally be able to drop jaws when she walks into a room. That girl doesn't do it.
Maybe she looks amazing in her ball outfit as opposed to that uniform-looking thing she's got on in the video.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Zaia wrote:
Master of Ossus wrote:If that's Fleur (the blond girl), then she'd better have a HUGE rack because she doesn't nearly fit the part, otherwise. This girl is supposed to have magical seductive powers, and she should literally be able to drop jaws when she walks into a room. That girl doesn't do it.
Maybe she looks amazing in her ball outfit as opposed to that uniform-looking thing she's got on in the video.
She's supposed to look amazing in both.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Is it just me or is Harry starting to look like that guy from Shaun of the Dead?
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Ron looks exactly like a friend of mine who just got busted for selling pot.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Zaia wrote:
Yeah, but that's a slap-on-the-wrist misdemeanor at worst assuming she doesn't get into a car, drive drunk and kill herself or someone else ... then I can be charged with accessory to negligent homicide. Otherwise, I'll gladly pay a few hundred bucks for the privilege if I'm caught.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

HemlockGrey wrote:Ron looks exactly like a friend of mine who just got busted for selling pot.
And if there's anyone who's ever needed a toke from the peace pipe, it's Ron.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Is anyone else having trouble getting the link to work? I just get a broken quicktime link, which is puzzling me as I've got QT6.5 and Firefox and these things usually work.

EDIT: N/M, solved it - looks ok, although Dumbledore is sounding rather nasal, which isn't great.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Fuck me running, could they have made the trailer size any smaller?

Oi, assholes, make it bigger.

Having said that, veeeery nice. :D
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

It doesn't really show anything interesting. The trailer just has the stills we have now but shrunken to the point where you can't see what's going on.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Stofsk wrote:It doesn't really show anything interesting. The trailer just has the stills we have now but shrunken to the point where you can't see what's going on.
Au contraire mon petit Hongrois, look carefully when Hermoine screams 'Harry' ... it's not from the stills, and almost certainly takes place after the last task.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Ok, it looks rather nice! :)
And the music fells right...
I am now oficially thrilled :mrgreen:
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

That trailer sure is on the tiny side.
Agreed with Dahak on the music.
And it's good to see I'm not the only one who's underwhelmed by Fleur.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Batman wrote: And it's good to see I'm not the only one who's underwhelmed by Fleur.
As long as the guys are hot, who cares? :P :lol:
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Okay it's pretty stupid to do this with the abysmal size of this trailer, but did anyone else notice the three letter ingraving on the Goblet of Fire? It seems to be Greek;

WΓΖ

Only not since there is no 'W' in Greek. We have omega ω, but the capital of which is written like so; Ω or so; O. And the second letter is deffinately not a 'T' ... and looks like a Γ ... I wonder what it means.

Although to be fair it is entirely possible that it is just WIZ, and the top part of the I that I'm confusing for a Γ could be just some random engraving that I'm confusing due to the shit poor small size of the trailer - natch.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Dahak wrote:
Batman wrote: And it's good to see I'm not the only one who's underwhelmed by Fleur.
As long as the guys are hot, who cares? :P :lol:
I'm surprised that you're not spitting lemons that Drako was no where to be seen in this trailer ... :lol:
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Crown wrote:I'm surprised that you're not spitting lemons that Drako was no where to be seen in this trailer ... :lol:
Well....*grumbles*
He *should* have been there...
*grumbles*
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Crown wrote:Okay it's pretty stupid to do this with the abysmal size of this trailer, but did anyone else notice the three letter ingraving on the Goblet of Fire? It seems to be Greek;

WΓΖ

Only not since there is no 'W' in Greek. We have omega ω, but the capital of which is written like so; Ω or so; O. And the second letter is deffinately not a 'T' ... and looks like a Γ ... I wonder what it means.

Although to be fair it is entirely possible that it is just WIZ, and the top part of the I that I'm confusing for a Γ could be just some random engraving that I'm confusing due to the shit poor small size of the trailer - natch.
Hm, I read it as "WIZ". It is the Tri-WIZard tournament, after all...
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Master of Ossus wrote:
Zaia wrote:Maybe she looks amazing in her ball outfit as opposed to that uniform-looking thing she's got on in the video.
Oh. Well, she looks pretty...but that's all.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Stofsk wrote:It doesn't really show anything interesting. The trailer just has the stills we have now but shrunken to the point where you can't see what's going on.
I think it's got a bit more to it than that. We get Ron's quick, crooked smile in reaction to Hermione's gorgeousness at the ball. That's all I need to make it a great teaser trailer. :D
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

So when do we get "Harry Potter and The Tome of Puberty," which is actually just the Playboy 50th anniversary collection he swiped from Snape's office?
Damien Sorresso

- The Onion
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Zaia wrote:
I think it's got a bit more to it than that. We get Ron's quick, crooked smile in reaction to Hermione's gorgeousness at the ball. That's all I need to make it a great teaser trailer. :D
Sorry babe, Ron isn't smiling at Hermione, he's in the dorm rooms, and if they keep the scene consistant in the movie, they don't see Hermione until the actual ball. :wink:
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Zaia wrote:
Master of Ossus wrote:
Zaia wrote:Maybe she looks amazing in her ball outfit as opposed to that uniform-looking thing she's got on in the video.
Oh. Well, she looks pretty...but that's all.
Yeah, exactly. :?

Incidentally, the cup clearly says "WIZ."