Chipmunks!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Chipmunks!

Post by Haminal10 »

A few months ago my friend and I went hiking in Upstate New York. On the trail we ran into a group of chipmunks that were so used to humans that they were practically tame. Since I have a particular soft spot for small fuzzy animals, we offered them peanuts in exchange for a few pictures. The chipmunks didn't seem to mind...

Raiding a birdfeeder 1
Raiding a birdfeeder 2
A Red Squirrel for Variety
Yellow eyes
Hunting for Peanuts 1
Hunting for Peanuts 2
Long tail
Yes they can climb trees
No really...
Full cheek pouches
One more bird feeder raider
I wasn't kidding when I said they were tame
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Re: Chipmunks!

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Haminal10 wrote: Full cheek pouches
Hehehe, soooooo cute! I love chipmunks!

Wow that's real close! You're pretty lucky. I wish I could hold one.
The Silence and I
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Silence and I »

That's so cute!

The closest I ever got to a chipmunk was at a park many years ago, I was taking a break from everything and sitting propped against a wall of the cabin in a sort of alcove. I had been sitting there unmoving for some time when I noticed a chipmunk nearby searching for edibles in the grass. It was very close so I made a point of not moving and scaring it, and over the next few minutes it wandered around and actually walked under me--between my rear and the wall under the arch of my back! It had no idea I was a living creature and just casually wandered under there and out the other side. That was quite the thrill. :)
"Do not worry, I have prepared something for just such an emergency."

"You're prepared for a giant monster made entirely of nulls stomping around Mainframe?!"

"That is correct!"

"How do you plan for that?"

"Uh... lucky guess?"
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

And here is where I make everyone jealous by mentioning that I had a pet squirrel.

Boo yah.

Also, I have seen a tame albino squirrel that was a camera whore and let my dad take many pictures.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

My friend has squirrels living in his basement. At one point, my little brother woke up at his house and the squirrel was sitting on his leg. I think it even bit him too.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

The cute. It hurts soo much.....
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Squirrels are NOT cute, they are pests, Chipmunks are cute until they make their nest in the space between the floor and the frame of your parents summer trailer. Took a while for them to get rid of that problem.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Squirrels are tasty, that's what they are. :twisted:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

That's just sick ROUGE :P
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Mrs Kendall wrote:That's just sick ROUGE :P
I think you should be ready to face...retaliation. :D

Cute chippies. We see 'em all the time out back.
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Eeee!! Adorable!!!! :snuggles all the cute little chipmunks:

And that, is me proving I am truely a teenage girl. :D
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Mrs Kendall wrote:That's just sick ROGUE :P
No it isn't. Ever had squirrel stew? Added bonus: Cure the skins and make a hat. 8)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Mrs Kendall wrote:That's just sick ROGUE :P
No it isn't. Ever had squirrel stew? Added bonus: Cure the skins and make a hat. 8)
... Sorry, Mrs. Kendall, I'm with Rogue. I helped my dad skin many squirrels over the years, and even had squirrel tails stuck in the handles of my bicycle, just to watch them flap.

Somewhere I've got a picture of a squirrel Dad shot that was still holding the nut he was eating up to his mouth.

Anyway, Rogue, while squirrel stew isn't bad, I prefered them dipped in flour and pan-fried, then served with mashed potatoes and gravy made from the pan drippings.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Yeah, they're good fried. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, fried squirrel...
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

xBlackFlash wrote:Eeee!! Adorable!!!! :snuggles all the cute little chipmunks:

And that, is me proving I am truely a teenage girl. :D

now we worry if you figure out how to smuggle them all back to your place without anyone noticing.....

Some how my sister could probably walk up and adopt the kittens from sluggy freelance...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Ok so squrrels might taste good to you guys but all I'm saying is they are NOT CUTE, especially when they act like huge pests here.
Lindar
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lindar »

awwwwwwwwwwwww!*jealous* It's not fair! They're so cute! *scoops one up and pockets it* Cyran you have a squirrel?!?!?

*grins at Ma* Ma... it's ok... they're not all pests some of them are roadkill
the longer i wait,the more i forget.the more i forget, the longer the list of desires grows. for that which is wanted is forbidden. and we all know that forbidden fruit is often the sweetest.Don'tcha wish your g/f was a witch like me?~*~AYVBABTU
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Mrs Kendall wrote:Ok so squrrels might taste good to you guys but all I'm saying is they are NOT CUTE, especially when they act like huge pests here.
If I had pictures of the adorableness of my pet squirrel, I think I could change your mind. :)
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Lindar wrote:awwwwwwwwwwwww!*jealous* It's not fair! They're so cute! *scoops one up and pockets it* Cyran you have a squirrel?!?!?

*grins at Ma* Ma... it's ok... they're not all pests some of them are roadkill
Had, a few years back. It fell out of its nest when it was still an infant (Literally). The mother didn't find it so we took it, called up people on how to properly take care of it, then took care of it for about a year or so. Named it Pockets because she loved to hide and sleep in pockets. The clawing up the leg to get in said pocket was not as good though...

Anyway, we'd let her out to go explore and eat, and she'd come back. Then after about a year we let her out, and she didn't come back. Somewhat sad but we kinda knew it was coming. A year later Pockets showed up again though for an hour or so.

That's the story.