Self-Portriats (my friends, this is a challenge)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Arthur_Tuxedo
Sith Acolyte

Post by Arthur_Tuxedo »

Sweet statutory! I mean... nice pics :)
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark." - Muhammad Ali

"Dating is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a heart-pounding, stomach-wrenching, gut-churning exercise in pitting your fear of rejection and public humiliation against your desire to find a mate. Enjoy." - Darth Wong
IndustrialNoise
Jedi Knight

Post by IndustrialNoise »

One more...my personal favorite
::SoS:NBA ::GDC::
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Is that real? :P

And I'll comment again, NICE piccies.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Very nice piccies.

BTW, Foo, you've got some ketchup on your mouth. Better wipe it off :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

I was at Ace Hardware today to get some stuff for my bike and I noticed they were selling rope. I've cropped these down to comply with board rules, and using a text link just to be safe.
Warning:Male nudity, nothing showing.
Not Work Safe
Another
I'm not really happy with the shape of the ropes. If I did this again I'd try to make it more symmetrical and prettier somehow. I also can't figure out an appropriate facial expression for this or really any pics I've taken of myself.
I prepared Explosive Runes today.
Dead_Ghost
Padawan Learner

Post by Dead_Ghost »

Raxmei wrote:I was at Ace Hardware today to get some stuff for my bike and I noticed they were selling rope. I've cropped these down to comply with board rules, and using a text link just to be safe.
Warning:Male nudity, nothing showing.
Not Work Safe
Another
I'm not really happy with the shape of the ropes. If I did this again I'd try to make it more symmetrical and prettier somehow. I also can't figure out an appropriate facial expression for this or really any pics I've taken of myself.
Perhaps a submissive facial expression? You know, not helding your head high, glasses a bit down your nose while you're also looking from down to above you (either to the lens of the camera (over you, of course) or somewhere else). Impassive faces not always work with such pose... But I'm hardly an expert over this matter :wink:
Anyway, in order not to break the board rules, one self-portrait follows. To note, however, that I did three different editions of it. The First is the most simple, full colour on the main shot. Second, the only difference in this one is the position of the B&W shots. Third, the main shot went in B&W, to get some sort of colour-harmony. To note that I know they're grainy. Also, that close-up on my button-up shirt, the necklace showing has the A of Anarchy (Yes! I'm an Anarchist Accountant! :lol: ) and a lucky charm my mom gave me when I was around 2 years old.
Feel free to give your opinion about my lame editing skillz. :lol:
Mark S wrote:Maybe they're allowed to have all the casual sex they want. It's not sex that's forbidden, it's attachment.

"Go forth and fuck her brains out, my young Padawan. Just remember, no cuddling and pillow talk afterwards."
- Concerning the topic "Jedi training and sexuality"
sketerpot
Jedi Council Member

Post by sketerpot »

I don't have a digital camera, but I managed to get ahold of one picture of myself. I can't count the number of times this picture has saved my ass. Here it is:

Believe it or not, that's my High School yearbook photo. The yearbook people normally would have been more picky, but they were having a hell of a time getting any pictures at all from me, so they took what they could get. I figure that by the time I'm old enough to regret it, the statute of limitations will have expired.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Where's your best friend Buzz? :lol:

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist. You look okay, but the cowboy thing and the 'wtf' expression in your face is just really funny.)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
sketerpot
Jedi Council Member

Post by sketerpot »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Where's your best friend Buzz? :lol:

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist. You look okay, but the cowboy thing and the 'wtf' expression in your face is just really funny.)
Oh, don't worry; I know I look okay. Just yesterday I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror and thought, "Damn I'm looking handsome today!"

Egotism is fun!
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

I already posted these in the member pic thread, but the 'after' one is a self portrait from a tripod, so I'll repost them here.

Me before the weight loss:

All I need is an ugly ballcap and a scraggly beard and I could pass for Michael Moore. :P

Me after the weight loss:

I hardly recognize myself. :)
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Damn man, you certainly turned yourself around. Congrats.

EDIT: I don't see your Glock in those pics anywhere. Weren't you afraid that the cameraman might be an assassin? ;)
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Wow man. Great effort ... all you need now is a new wardroab and then you can get your bling on! :D
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Here's me at my physical peak during freshman or sophmore year of high school
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/ ... eWork2.jpg
hair is bit a mess, I may have been a little thin but I ran like a kenyan

Here's me as a senior
unedited yellow light picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/ ... e/Arm2.jpg
edited picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/ ... edited.jpg
not that good picture of my face, with me clenching my lips which is something I have a problem not doing in pictures, either that or leaving my lips slightly parted.

Is the edited picture or unedited picture better?
Last edited by ArmorPierce on 2005-05-10 03:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

TADA!! :teeth:
Image Image
Avalon616
Padawan Learner

Post by Avalon616 »

Alright, I am a major cheapo. If something is free, I'll take it. What, I'm in college, you'd do it to if you had my finances. :-P Anyways, the bank in which I work has a business of the month, and this month is a hairstyling place . The owner said that any of the BankGirls could go and get their hair done for free, if he could take pictures and post them, and the new girl would do it (ie free advertisement for him, and new clientele for the new girl). I, of course, volunteered.

I asked for her to foil my hair, with bright red highlights in my brown hair. We picked out the color, and it was brown dark red mixed, so as not to be too outrageous. So she bleaches the parts to be highlighted, then adds the color. As she begins to blowdry my hair, I'm going, uhhh... It came out ORANGE. Not just the highlights- my entire top of my head (which is where foils are) was a brassy orangy brown.

Another stylist came over, and was like, "What did you doooo?!" They both worked out how to fix it, and put in another toner, to make it darker, and red.

So now the entire top of my head is dark vibrant red, instead of funky bright red highlights like I wanted. It doesn't look terrible.... I guess... >.<

Here it is (and excuse the breakouts that are due to stress from finals, and the spots on the mirror I was too lazy to clean):

Member- SOS:NBA | GALE
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

:shock: I love that haircut! You look good Avalon, she screwed up but at least you look ok in the end ;) I guess she didn't get the good publicity she wanted huh :lol:
Lindar
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lindar »

Avalon you're positively adorable!*hugs* And it doesn't look bad at all, actually i'm jealous...
the longer i wait,the more i forget.the more i forget, the longer the list of desires grows. for that which is wanted is forbidden. and we all know that forbidden fruit is often the sweetest.Don'tcha wish your g/f was a witch like me?~*~AYVBABTU
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Mrs Kendall wrote::shock: I love that haircut! You look good Avalon,
Does anyone else think she looks like Willow from Buffy with that hair do and colour?
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

who's that Stofsk?
Avalon616
Padawan Learner

Post by Avalon616 »

Stofsk wrote:
Does anyone else think she looks like Willow from Buffy with that hair do and colour?
I LOVE YOU FOREVER NOW! You made my day/week/year/infinity. :luv: :luv: :luv:

And girls, thank you! You guys make me feel much better, I was just so shocked by how completely unlike what I asked for it came out.
Member- SOS:NBA | GALE
Lindar
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lindar »

Stofsk wrote:
Ma:*points at the following pic*
Stofsk... Yeah i think you might be on to something with that. See Avalon! It's awesome! Smile!!!

edit:uhm... yeah...
the longer i wait,the more i forget.the more i forget, the longer the list of desires grows. for that which is wanted is forbidden. and we all know that forbidden fruit is often the sweetest.Don'tcha wish your g/f was a witch like me?~*~AYVBABTU
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Oh yeah, she does. Sorry I'm not familiar with the names of people, but I had a feeling she was the one you were talking about. Yeah Avalon you look hot, she may have screwed up but the final product... it works! It works well! :wink: :D
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Glocksman, before your weight loss, you looked EXACTLY like Artie Lang. Holy crap.

ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:*snip link* TADA!! :teeth:
Like the yellow looking room picture better I take it ein?
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

ArmorPierce wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:*snip link* TADA!! :teeth:
Like the yellow looking room picture better I take it ein?
Ja... :twisted:
Image Image