'Goblet of Fire' movie stills! (Pic heavy, dur)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I pointed out that Fleur is part Veela in my very first reaction to her picture but hey, it's just Batman! Let's ignore him!
And I resent the implication. I'm a very sanitary person, and at least canoninally I'm not all that old. I think.
That still leaves your historical age, Master Bruce.
Will you keep out of this?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Batman wrote:I pointed out that Fleur is part Veela in my very first reaction to her picture but hey, it's just Batman! Let's ignore him!
And I resent the implication. I'm a very sanitary person, and at least canoninally I'm not all that old. I think.
That still leaves your historical age, Master Bruce.
Will you keep out of this?
*chuckles*

I didn't notice it - so sorry about that. But you should know by now that on this board you either quantify things or you get shut out. 'Part' doesn't tell us much. 1/4 does. See the difference? :lol:

:wink:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Batman wrote:I pointed out that Fleur is part Veela in my very first reaction to her picture but hey, it's just Batman! Let's ignore him!
Oh, did you? My apologies, but we're in AMP; I only read the spammy posts of yours in here so that I may inflict my wrath upon you henceforth. You were on-topic in that post, so I must not have read it. :D

- - - - -

Oh, fine. Here.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Zaia wrote:
Oh, did you? My apologies, but we're in AMP; I only read the spammy posts of yours in here so that I may inflict my wrath upon you henceforth. You were on-topic in that post, so I must not have read it. :D

- - - - -

Oh, fine. Here.

Okay. You know what? It turns out that I didn't know myself as well as I thought I did. :angelic: :mrgreen:
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Crown wrote:Okay. You know what? It turns out that I didn't know myself as well as I thought I did. :angelic: :mrgreen:
Gah!
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Damn. In that picture she looks even younger than she usually does,
and that's damn young already.
Well, at least from my POV.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Crown wrote:To be fair, she's only 1/4 Veela, and she appears to have the power to make 15 year old boys (hormones raging boys we should emphasise), shout out outrageous claims about themselves. It was the Veela in the stadium that nearly made Harry jump off the top box, and there were dozens of them.
I guess.
Personally I don't see everyone's problem with her, she isn't ugly, pretty attractive, and I can see how she would capture 15 year old boys attention.
That's true, though it's still disappointing. If she were smoking hot then no one would complain at all. :P
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Hm, the guy next to her looks cute... :mrgreen:
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Incidently Zaia, I too am re-reading all the Harry Potter books in preperation for HBP ... but I'm reading them in GREEK! Thought that I might as well improve my second language by reading it, and I knew I liked Harry Potter and I'd read them, and they are loooooong reads to boot!

Interestingly, it is amazing how many little plot points you pick up reading in a second language, that you sort of tend to breeze over in your native one (although born in Greece, English quickly became my first language, although interestingly I don't think in 'one' language, but in both). :wink:
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Damn, Emma is growing up nicely, but is it just me, or does that one close-up of Radcliffe make him look like Anakin Skywalker?
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Not to sound like a sicko or anything but she's legal in Canada.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Enigma wrote:Not to sound like a sicko or anything but she's legal in Canada.
Shes also legal here in Israel, just till 18. Its 14-18, then 18-death age.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

There's a sneak peak at the trailer up here for those who are interested.

EDIT :: The Death Eaters look like shit. They look like KKK people, I didn't get the impression that their 'hoods' were pointed, did anyone else when reading the book?

Apart from that this preview has got me fired up! :D
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Crown wrote:There's a sneak peak at the trailer up here for those who are interested.

EDIT :: The Death Eaters look like shit. They look like KKK people, I didn't get the impression that their 'hoods' were pointed, did anyone else when reading the book?

Apart from that this preview has got me fired up! :D
Yep, saw it the other day. I am very interested in seeing that movie :)
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

:D This is ALL good except for the music.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Yay! Instead of scary as hell hooded cloaked Death Eaters, looks like we get some KKK sheetheads that dyed their stuff black.

Other than that, looks good.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Here's seemingly the official trailer for it, not that much more than in the sneak peak (and unfortunately has french subtitles :P).
GALE Force Euro Wimp
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Holy shit I got to my reply before I realized this thread was old.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

I like the trailer, but wtf is the quiditch area doing in the mountains?
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Ace Pace wrote:I like the trailer, but wtf is the quiditch area doing in the mountains?
That's probably the World Cup tournament arena...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Except that scene is where D announces the cup.

And the world cup area... the Dragons part maybe, but then why is it in a enclosed stand? The final task is shown to be in a massive area.

It makes no sense.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

*shrugs* Hollywood rewriting. What can I say. It's a minor thing... hopefully the movie will be good enough that any errors like this can be overlooked for the most part.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
The Jazz Intern
Padawan Learner

Post by The Jazz Intern »

Whats with moody's Eye? it doesn;t even look like it's in his eye sockek? and where are his scars? Other wise, COOL!
WWDD What would dogbert do?
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Ace Pace wrote:Except that scene is where D announces the cup.

And the world cup area... the Dragons part maybe, but then why is it in a enclosed stand? The final task is shown to be in a massive area.

It makes no sense.
Aren't each of the tasks set in a seperate location? That's what it looks like is going to occur in the movie; the brief shot of the maze is obviously not in the dragon arena.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

They are in seperate location, that dosn't excuse the quiditch area(look at it and compare it to the former locations) being in a bloody mountain.