I need some help

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

I need some help

Post by Lord Revan »

OK this should the Z-95 Headhunter (from SW)
but as you can see it not quite there.

could somebody help me?

I'll tell who made shape itself.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

So here's the (color) design I needed help for
Is it any good.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Personally i find the red to be way too bright. The blue is too dark and hardly recognizable because there´s allmost no contrast to the black.
I guess complete black isn´t the best choice either. Try a dark gray instead. And the guns mounted on the wings are hard to see because the light gray doesn´t contrast with the background white.

I´d go for a lighter gray hull (the hull can be light gray because it´s a large area as opposed to the guns which only cover a small area), accentuate the guns and the engines by making them a darker gray, darken the red, lighten the blue. And probably make the red and blue more grayish.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Well I was trying unlike a normal Z-95 which is the same color as an X-wing.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I think the nose should be longer and wider, in comparison with the rest of the craft.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Lord Revan wrote:Well I was trying unlike a normal Z-95 which is the same color as an X-wing.
Sorry, i don´t know what you´re saying. :?:
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

salm wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:Well I was trying unlike a normal Z-95 which is the same color as an X-wing.
Well the craft is a Z-95 Headhunter from SW and regular Z-95 looks a lot like an X-wing what I wanted is craft that youi recognize the instant you see it while still using a canon design.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Lord Revan wrote:
salm wrote:
Well the craft is a Z-95 Headhunter from SW and regular Z-95 looks a lot like an X-wing what I wanted is craft that youi recognize the instant you see it while still using a canon design.
Well, you probably don´t want to change the shape because it wouldn´t be recognizable as Z-95 anymore. So you´d probably have to do something with the color.
Now the problem with your choice of color is like stated above. Canons and engines are hard to recognize, blue too little contrast and red too bright, imo.

Now if you don´t want it to look like an X-Wing, why not go with a completely new color scheme? Give the hull some other color than gray, maybe a grayish blue or a camo pattern.
I´d still accentuate the guns and maybe the engines because they´re the cool stuff on a spacecraft. They´re also small so they need something to get attention.

Don´t make things like the red you´ve got on your craft now too different from the rest because it will look like it doesn´t belong there.
For example if you´ve got a bluish-gray hull make the red sutff reddisch-gray. You want the stuff on the hull blend into each other so that it looks like it´s one element but accentuate the important other elements.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Am I the only one who finds the fuselage to be way, way, way too narrow?
Do you know what kind of wingspan that thing would have to have to fit a cockpit in there?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

fixed some error (and look at full sized pic before you say can't see some thing)
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Don't make the nose so long.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Don't make the nose so long.
thanks

fixed the nose