Favorite State/Country Flags

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

The flag for the City of Tampa:

:D

Actually, Tampa does have it's own city flag but if I'd never searched for it I never would've known it existed.

The NYPD flag is pretty cool:

But ultimately I have to go with the Stars and Stripes. I always get a swelling of pride when I see it flying in a breeze. It never fails to pick me up, no matter how shitty the day may have been.

"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I've always liked the Alaska state flag.

The "seal on a bedsheet" flags always make me puke. Montana is an example of a fucking pathetic flag.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Zaia wrote:
Grand Moff Yenchin wrote:Borduria...because the symbolism is humorous. :lol:
Is it supposed to remind me of the Natty Bo guy's moustache? Because that's the sybolism I get from it. :D
Something like that. Borduria is a Fascist ("Taschist") state. Its leader, Kurvi-Tasch (get the name :lol: )has that mustache. The author of the comic used this nation as some kind of metaphor.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

I'm fond of Nepal's flag.
<line 2>
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.