A ST battle pic of mine

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

A ST battle pic of mine

Post by Lord Revan »

Or a very early stage of it
I probaly need to add some new ships before I do the phase/plasma/disruptor cannon shots other such thing

But do you have suggestions or comment?
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

The angles. They´re all 90 degree angles. Rotate some ships.
FedRebel
Jedi Master

Post by FedRebel »

MSPaint has it's limitations

90 degree anlges is all it can handle, no more, no less
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

ROFL. :lol: really? I didn´t know that. Brilliant.
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

In regard to the limitations of MS Paint:

I used to use Paint until I realized how limiting it was. It you are going to put time and effort into this battle scene, I would highly recommend using a more advanced program. As others would attest to in this thread, the GIMP is a fairly robust software package. It is available in Windows format, and best of all, its free. Here is a link to the OpenForge site if you are interested: The GIMP for Windows

I think you will be much happier with working with this program once you realize the ease you have in manipulating your designs. For example, the GIMP will allow you to rotate your ships to any arbitrary angle, allow you to position the ships quite easily within the scene and modify their positions using layers, and allow you to add shading effects and other effects to simulate lasers and explosions. Its will be very different from MS Paint at first, but I think its well worth the steeper learning curve once you realize the robustness of what the program can do. Importing a starfield as a background will be much easier in the GIMP than with MS Paint for example. I think you wll be much happier with your final product as well .

In regards to the scene: I like the profile and straight on views of the ships. I do agree with Salm's comments regarding the angles. Having ships at right angles in a battle scene makes it look somewhat unnatural.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

The Gimp requivers me to rename xmlparse.dll and xmltok.dll files from the C:\Windows\system32 directory.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n