A SW design I'm working on

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

Those are some...*ahem*... big guns. ;)

Aside from some refinement, it still doesn't look too bad. I take it you're going to use a winged tower structure instead of the mounted cylinder behind the bridge?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Firefox wrote:Those are some...*ahem*... big guns. ;)

Aside from some refinement, it still doesn't look too bad. I take it you're going to use a winged tower structure instead of the mounted cylinder behind the bridge?
Those same guns as on the Venator (there's just more of them) and no there's still a cylinder (it holds the bridge airlocks and docking ports)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

The cylinder might pose a problem, as it would be rather obvious. On a ship, in battle, obvious things... are targets. Having the bridge depressurize halfway through the battle would be a Bad Thing.

Might want to consider an alternative method of accessing the bridge from outside. I would recommend a simple airlock, or perhaps a small hangar; IIRC the Executor had one such, which modified TIE bombers could enter, for officers (Captain Needa uses it in ESB, though you never actually see it; you see his TIE shuttle come out of the Avenger's bay, then it flies to the Executor's bridge and apparently enters said hangar). This hangar could have an armoured door, as we don't see it in ROTJ when flying past the front of the bridge module.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

That's how large CEC ships look, though.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Elheru Aran wrote:The cylinder might pose a problem, as it would be rather obvious. On a ship, in battle, obvious things... are targets. Having the bridge depressurize halfway through the battle would be a Bad Thing.

Might want to consider an alternative method of accessing the bridge from outside. I would recommend a simple airlock, or perhaps a small hangar; IIRC the Executor had one such, which modified TIE bombers could enter, for officers (Captain Needa uses it in ESB, though you never actually see it; you see his TIE shuttle come out of the Avenger's bay, then it flies to the Executor's bridge and apparently enters said hangar). This hangar could have an armoured door, as we don't see it in ROTJ when flying past the front of the bridge module.
actually said hargar is on the underside of the bridge tower, but as Spanky said it's all bug CEC have cylinder like structure that hold the airlock (at least in some models)
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Ok I'll update this as soon as I figure out how put the color to hull.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Final version
(for now).