Kickass Online Game (www.kingdomofloathing.com)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Kickass Online Game (www.kingdomofloathing.com)

Post by Straha »

http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

It's a fun, and funny, RPG game that's expansive and really really easy to use. You can play Multi-Player and Singleplayer, and it does go pretty in-depth for a simple 'Point and Click' Adventure.

EDIT: Make that I have started the clan, "The Mediocre Men of SDN"...
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Ive joined it, currently level 2, as soon as im lvl three, is i shall try and join the clan :)
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

You're in. Enjoy it, I'm Robgea, a friend of mine (who doesn't frequent here) is Dth, and I have no clue who Brandi is.

Anyway, if you need any help just ask and I'll do whatever I can for you...
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Woo I've been accepted. I hear talk about meat trees and shit: apparently having a clan is complicated. I've got no adventures for 6 hours: let me know if there are any missions to be done after that.
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

I started playing today, playing a Pastamancer. I have him almost to level 3, and I am waiting for midnight to get my next set of adventures. I have some questions about a few things if anyone would be willing to answer them.
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

CDiehl wrote:I started playing today, playing a Pastamancer. I have him almost to level 3, and I am waiting for midnight to get my next set of adventures. I have some questions about a few things if anyone would be willing to answer them.
What do you need to know?

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I'd like to know if there's a way to improve the chances of getting stat bonuses for the stat you want: my stats are rising at roughly the same speed, but I realy only want Moxie.
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

1. How do I get through the tests at the Hall of Chef-Magi? Do I need a certain Mysticality score for each, or are they just random?

2. How does combining items work?

3. Is there any other way to get food than just finding it at random?
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

When i get lvl 3 can I join the guild/
Zionpopsickle, Disco Bandit.
Hmmmm??
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Dark Hellion wrote:When i get lvl 3 can I join the guild/
Zionpopsickle, Disco Bandit.
Hmmmm??
Yes, yes you can, you've got to apply first by going to the clan halls and searching for SDN, the full title of the thing will be, however, "The Mediocre Men of SDN" ...
1. How do I get through the tests at the Hall of Chef-Magi? Do I need a certain Mysticality score for each, or are they just random?
Yes, for the Brotherhood of the Smack down I think it was 20/25/30 or some such. Once you hit about level five it all stop mattering.
2. How does combining items work?
You make meat paste, and then after you have that there should be a link at the top of your inventory that says "combine items" click on that and you'll see a drop down menu and an obvious combining button. Pick two things that will go together, and then combine them, and you'll get a new item.
3. Is there any other way to get food than just finding it at random?
You can buy it too, and later you can cook foods. This'll become easier as you level up, and trust me it's worth it.
I'd like to know if there's a way to improve the chances of getting stat bonuses for the stat you want: my stats are rising at roughly the same speed, but I realy only want Moxie
Your Moxie is, actually, going up faster than the others, the difference is just so small you can't recognize it yet. That being said there are certain enemies/places that increase your moxie, the one that I know immeadietly off hand is the Bar, but that can cost a fair bit of meat so you might want to stave off on that. Just adventure for now, and let it come as it comes.[/quote]

Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Damn these addicting games! Could you let in Mayabird the accordian playing gal to the clan?

EDIT: I already reached Level 3 and applied.
Last edited by Mayabird on 2005-05-28 12:48am, edited 1 time in total.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Mayabird wrote:Damn these addicting games! Could you let in Mayabird the accordian playing gal to the clan?
<line 2>
You're in!

EDIT: There was no edit.

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I have found that the seedy alley is giving me +5 smarm frequently: I've almost got level four out of my 40 turns getting a gourd potion.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

signed up. Weird and funny game, so i'm probably going to like it
sketerpot
Jedi Council Member

Post by sketerpot »

I love the test at the Altar of Literacy (required to prove yourself worthy to use the chat). That's hilarious.
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

I've gotten my character to level 3, and I have a few things to do.
1. I have to pump my Mysticality to beat the last Chef-Magi test so I can learn skills.
2. I have to acquire 6 can lids to give the guy at the Gourd Tower. I hope I get another Gourd Potion.
3. I have to pump up my Muscle so I can kill the drunk rat at the Tavern. In fact, I still have to rest up from my most recent encounter. with it.
4. I have to start using my familiar, a mosquito I named Mippy.
5. Save up 3 grand so I can purchase the hammer, the oven and the cocktail kit.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Since there aren't 'crafting skillz', I don't think there's much point everyone getting a hammer and oven and shit. We need to coordinate :D
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Well this is amusing, I'm Fearghul btw.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Stark wrote:Since there aren't 'crafting skillz', I don't think there's much point everyone getting a hammer and oven and shit. We need to coordinate :D
I've actually already got an Oven (with Chef!) and Bartender. I'm more than willing to cook and cocktail for you guys for now (I'll even help supply ingredients) but that's also stuff you should do, because it'll help you and your Chars ALOT.

Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I am who I am, as you probably know from me applying to the clan and all. Really I'm just posting cause I just made an Asshat!
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Anarchist Bunny wrote:I am who I am, as you probably know from me applying to the clan and all. Really I'm just posting cause I just made an Asshat!
Eh, I've got a linoleum Turtle Helmet. 100 power and plus 10 to HP and MP...

Beat that. :P

Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Thanks for letting me in. :)

This game is so weird and addicting. It almost inspires me to bring back my old stick figure av.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I've been playing this game for a while now and I am at level 6. :) Started playing this game after reading the latest PC gamer mag.

My character's name is edwardnigma.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

W00t I someone asks for web, I leave some in the stash, so someone else takes it. kmail from now on, I think.

Is it worth keeping the cooking ingredients?
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Enigma wrote:I've been playing this game for a while now and I am at level 6. :) Started playing this game after reading the latest PC gamer mag.

My character's name is edwardnigma.
SO JOIN THE CLAN! FOOL!