Call for test photos

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Call for test photos

Post by Dangermouse »

SDN photographers:

Do you have any photos of objects of a known height taken at a known distance? If so, would you be willing to post said photos and describe the height and distance of objects in the photo? Ideally these would be taken without a telephoto lens and would feature more than one object of a known height at a known distance in the photo, but beggers cannot be choosers. :)

I would like to test and develop a program to roughly estimate distance from a single photo but I need some test photos to check myself. I do not have a digital camera to take these myself so I am sad right now. :(

I will also worship the ground you walk on for any and all photos you are willling to share. This is your chance to be immortalized as a living, breathing god and/or goddess* Thanks!

* Dangermouse may or may not worship you nor elevate you to living breathing god/goddess status. But it could happen, but you will never know unless you share ultra cool photos that meet the OP. :)
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Well, I've got some Space Marine miniatures taken. I can measure their height if you like, though distance may be a problem as they're 2048x1536 digital shots subsequently cropped.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Ground to top of ice sculpture is roughly 6'6"
Picture was taken from a distance of about 10-12' from the naked mermaid

aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

She's hot :shock: :lol:

Although that icy replica of Shep looks like Bruce Campbell (with the chin and all) :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!