Multiuniverse Crossover Fanfiction Question

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Multiuniverse Crossover Fanfiction Question

Post by Battlehymn Republic »

Are there any serious fanfiction attempts to create a scenario where more than two sci-fi universes crossover? I’m very interested in reading a possible Star Wars/Star Trek/Babylon 5 fanfiction. Another idea would be a fanfiction of VGA Planets, which has analogues of Star Trek factions, Star Wars factions, and Battlestar Galactica factions.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Re: Multiuniverse Crossover Fanfiction Question

Post by Noble Ire »

Well, I'm in the process of doing a Star Wars/Star Trek/Halo/Starcraft crossover. If you're interested its on site, first 29 chapters. "The Rift."

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=68385
If you can can get past the writing in the first few chapters. Those first couple werent my best works. :oops:
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Admiral Cross
Youngling

Post by Admiral Cross »

I once had a working concept of intergrating, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, and Dune into my working fan fiction story... I was actually quiete impressed with that... I think people stay away from crossovers, because then you get into the entire debate, is a phaser gonna kill me using more energy or a lightsaber...
Admiral Cross|USS-Executive
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Battlehymn Republic wrote:Are there any serious fanfiction attempts to create a scenario where more than two sci-fi universes crossover? I’m very interested in reading a possible Star Wars/Star Trek/Babylon 5 fanfiction. Another idea would be a fanfiction of VGA Planets, which has analogues of Star Trek factions, Star Wars factions, and Battlestar Galactica factions.
Well, my first and ongoing fanfic (that i should've posted a new chapter for a week or two ago, but i've suddenly been snowed under with various things) is a mixture of alien, predator and star trek, which is almost what you're asking for. I've stayed away from the more established parts of the AvP franchise, and stayed closer to the original, seperate stories, so I think it counts.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Thanks for all of the tips, thought I was hoping someone would have created a crossover of the "big three" of sci-fi/space opera/fantasy/series that have "star" in the name.

Come to think of it, which is the third of the "big three" besides Wars and Trek?

Battlestar Galactica? Babylon 5?

I don't want to go on a tangent, though I'd like someone to name me the one that is most commonly accepted. And then tell me if that is made into a ST/SW/other series fanfiction yet.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Come to think of it, which is the third of the "big three" besides Wars and Trek?

I would say B5. It has a fairly large, commited fan base, a good deal of source material (5 seasons, Crusade, numerous TV movies, dozens of Novels) more so than most other series save ST and SW. However, Stargate does seem to be growing significantly, and may unseat B5 eventually. I guess the real test would be to see how the fan base would deal with a few years without new material, the test of all major Scifi franchises.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Admiral Cross
Youngling

Post by Admiral Cross »

Battlehymn Republic wrote:Thanks for all of the tips, thought I was hoping someone would have created a crossover of the "big three" of sci-fi/space opera/fantasy/series that have "star" in the name.

I don't want to go on a tangent, though I'd like someone to name me the one that is most commonly accepted. And then tell me if that is made into a ST/SW/other series fanfiction yet.
I would definetly say that Babylon 5 would be the third one. I think it would be a pretty sweet fan fic if someone wrote one... it would be a challenge to say the least... to come up with a unique storyline...

*brain starts working... ah crap*
Admiral Cross|USS-Executive
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Yeah, I've always thought B5 as the logical third tier of the "big 3", considering its premise and style and format, though I also think Battlestar Galactica is somewhat valid if you're considering 60s to 70s classic SF. SG-1? I don't think so, since it's not based in the future and isn't space opera.

Okay, back to fanfiction.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

The "big three" was a term used on Spacebattles.com to describe B5, SW, ST etc. Presumably the "big three" is supposed to indicate sci fi based on how well they are known.

Most people will have heard of Star Trek and Star Wars even if they haven't seen a single movie or episode.

I personally feel the big three should be expanded to include shows such as Star Gate, Doctor Who and perhaps Battlestar Galactica depending on how long it lasts.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Again, genre, style, and format should be considered. I might make another thread for that matter.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

Is there any serious/Good Andromeda - Star Wars crossovers?
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
The Wookiee
Lex Wookos

Post by The Wookiee »

If you're looking for multiple crossovers, check out Critical Reality by our very own Spyder.
"I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: Let The Wookiee win."
SDnet BBS Administrator: Service With A Roar (And A Hydrospanner)
Knight of the Order of the Galactic Empire

Do not taunt The Wookiee.
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

I've actually done a four-way between Star Wars, Star Trek, Warhammer 40K, and my own universe... It sucked donkey balls. Hard.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

On a whim I wrote a 24/CSI/Sopranos/X-Files/GTA:Vice City Crossover.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Stravo wrote:On a whim I wrote a 24/CSI/Sopranos/X-Files/GTA:Vice City Crossover.
Holy shit.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Stravo wrote:On a whim I wrote a 24/CSI/Sopranos/X-Files/GTA:Vice City Crossover.
:shock:
How did that work?
The Rift
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Pure Sabacc wrote:
:shock:
How did that work?
You tell me Operation Black Oil
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

my fanfic is a cross between SG-1/Star Wars/Star Trek

linky

I'm kinda stuck half way through the next chapter... could post what i have, i guess...

nah
Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.
Murazor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Murazor »

Dark Primus wrote:Is there any serious/Good Andromeda - Star Wars crossovers?
I will not dare to call it "good", but at least it is serious and makes the effort.

Try

+www.fanfiction.net/u/48571/

or +www.fanfiction.net/~rodney

The stories that might interest you are "All that glitters" and "Harbingers of Doom". The first suffers from over-exposure to technical forums (in fact, it would not surprise me in the slightest if "rodney" is a denizen of this forum), but IIRC there was a clear improvement in the second unfinished fic.
Murazor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Murazor »

Battlehymn Republic wrote:Are there any serious fanfiction attempts to create a scenario where more than two sci-fi universes crossover? I’m very interested in reading a possible Star Wars/Star Trek/Babylon 5 fanfiction. Another idea would be a fanfiction of VGA Planets, which has analogues of Star Trek factions, Star Wars factions, and Battlestar Galactica factions.
You might be interested in the Far Flung Hope stories by Bombsquad

+www.fanfiction.net/u/334996/

or +www.fanfiction.net/~bombsquad

He doesn't make a great effort to combine all the universes (the premise of the Halo constructs being used as mega-Stargates of doom is silly), but there are few sites where I have seen as many universes thrown together as here. And only a handful of those is even remotely readable. He has used elements from: Halo, SG-1, Star Trek, Star Wars (New Republic Era), X-Com, Master of Orion games, WH40K, Alien/Predator and some novels from someone called Harry Turtledove.

As a general rule, the more universes you involve in a story, the most likely it is to backfire somewhere in the middle. There is a decent number of authors that have managed to integrate Stargate with Battlestar Galactica and/or Farscape. Some of my own recommendations (not all of them are multicrossovers, sorry) include:

+www.fanfiction.net/~soledad
You might be interested in "Still not in Kansas" (number 15 ST:Voy/B5 crossover) and/or "Crossroads" (number 1 old BSG/ST: TOS crossover). She has been trying for years to make a ST:TOS/Andromeda crossover, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere in the foreseeable future. Her Tolkien stuff is of the higher quality as well.

+www.fanfiction.net/~verbosity
Not a lot of works. "No Beast so fierce" is unfinished but very well written and shows a lot of promise (ST:ENT/B5). "Intersection at Right Angles" is surprisingly good for such a silly concept (Andromeda/LOTR).

+www.fanfiction.net/~andrewjameswilliams
As of late, he has written only for Thunderbirds. Check "Destiny's Child" (Number 12 ST Post Dominion war era/Stargate) as the rewrite was left unfinished. Also "On the Wings of Destiny" (Farscape/B5 AU), as well as the "When Worlds Collide" series (numbers 29, 17 and 15. Earth: Final Conflict/Star Trek) and "Dark Resurrection" (E:FC/Stargate).

+www.fanfiction.net/~iank
Sadly stopped working in his stories over two years ago. Some serious quality in his Farscape-Babylon 5 crossovers (numbers 23, 22, 19, 17 and 15), a quite weird JAG/Farscape crossover ("The Visitors") and "New Enemies, New Allies, Love Rekindled" (Roswell/Stargate crossover).

+www.fanfiction.net/~marajadejedi
"Force" an exceptional SW/SG1 AU crossover (AU because the SW films don't seem to exist here) with a somewhat disappointing ending. Some good drabbles towards the end of the list.

More authors as I can think of them
Murazor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Murazor »

More authors:

+www.fanfiction.net/~neilgartner
"The Lost warrior series" is a very good multi-universe crossover, just as you asked (old BSG/Farscape/Stargate). Currently there is a cliffhanger battle that I think is a lot like Endor.

+www.fanfiction.net/~albertg
Da great Albert Green. All his fics are crossovers with two main interconnected series (one B5/ST:TNG and another ST:VOY/old BSG with a little Stargate backstory). The B5/ST:TNG will eventually grow to include the Stargate Movie continuity. "A thin veneer" is a B5/ST:TOS crossover that I don't like as much as his other works but is quite good nonetheless. There is also a possible Farscape/ST crossover floating in the limbo (there are mentions in his previous fics).

+www.fanfiction.net/~rens
Only two fics, but both crossovers of the greatest quality. "Shadows and Dust in the Pattern" is a B5/ST:TOS crossover with hints of Stargate, Dune and the Wheel of Time fantasy series in the backstory. "Clash of Federations" is a ST:ENT/B5 crossover just as great as the other.
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Well, if anyone ever encounters a bonafide Star Wars/Star Trek/Babylon 5 fanfic or a Star Wars/Star Trek/Battlestar Galactica one, please post a link here.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Murazor wrote:
You might be interested in the Far Flung Hope stories by Bombsquad

+www.fanfiction.net/u/334996/

or +www.fanfiction.net/~bombsquad

He doesn't make a great effort to combine all the universes (the premise of the Halo constructs being used as mega-Stargates of doom is silly), but there are few sites where I have seen as many universes thrown together as here. And only a handful of those is even remotely readable. He has used elements from: Halo, SG-1, Star Trek, Star Wars (New Republic Era), X-Com, Master of Orion games, WH40K, Alien/Predator and some novels from someone called Harry Turtledove.

:x That fic sucks balls, in my honest opinion.

There is so little continuity and basically no characterization. It's just a bunch of discrete battles with little connection from one to another. Imagine a mega-sized vs wankfest. That's what this fic is.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I actually recently decided that it'd be fun to take bits and pieces from a variety of fantasy and science fiction universe and piecing them together into a silly fanfic to rival the likes of the Discworld books.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Ford Prefect wrote:I actually recently decided that it'd be fun to take bits and pieces from a variety of fantasy and science fiction universe and piecing them together into a silly fanfic to rival the likes of the Discworld books.
At least one person has beaten you to it-- Pearson Mui, author of 'Anime Detective', available at http://www.eyrie-productions.com/ETC/AD/

I'd like to claim I beat you to it, but my own story-- http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=71052 -- is too damn violent to be considered silly. (A drinking contest between two berserkers-- the "drink" being blood pouring out of the necks of recently-beheaded men-- is probably NOT appropriate for a comedy, despite my best efforts.)
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)