Kickass Online Game (www.kingdomofloathing.com)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

LapsedPacifist
Jedi Knight

Post by LapsedPacifist »

I just applied for membership. Name is Leofwine.

LP
Ogrek is beyond strategy.

<- Avatar from Dr. Roy's List of Stomatopods for the Aquarium
A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

Post by A Big Flying Fish »

SCRawl wrote:If anyone has the chef or bartender in a box, I have some ingredients to be combined.
Here. Send what you want made and how much to Tontonis.
Dwarf Obsessive. There's just something about short barrel-chested people with a penchent for axes and beards.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Petrosjko wrote:Gah. Two days lingering at level three and the stupid rats kicked my ass again. How many fucking rats do you have to kill to clear out that stupid bar anyway? Think I've killed five of the little fuckers by now.
I think it's ten. And yeah, they're tough -- I use my Mr. Accessory to even the odds.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

SCRawl wrote:
Petrosjko wrote:Gah. Two days lingering at level three and the stupid rats kicked my ass again. How many fucking rats do you have to kill to clear out that stupid bar anyway? Think I've killed five of the little fuckers by now.
I think it's ten. And yeah, they're tough -- I use my Mr. Accessory to even the odds.
You have a Mr. Accessory? Lucky. ;P
SCRawl

Post by SCRawl »

Nephtys wrote:
SCRawl wrote:
You have a Mr. Accessory? Lucky. ;P
Not lucky, just willing to part with $10.

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Is there adventures that give better muscle than the bat caves?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

I'm looking for particularly moxious adventures for someone on the cusp of level 4.

Oh, and what is the bad effect of drinking too much hobo train wine?

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Hobot
Jedi Knight

Post by Hobot »

Thirdfain wrote:I'm looking for particularly moxious adventures for someone on the cusp of level 4.

Oh, and what is the bad effect of drinking too much hobo train wine?
I happened to make that mistake, in addition to trying the free sample of goofballs from the Suspicious-Looking Guy.

You get drunk at 14, at which point you can't adventure anymore and there's a good possibility of losing stats (or more precisely, the points that make up stats). Apparently it's possible to increase how much alcohol you can consume by completing a certain quest(s?).

As for the goofballs, they increase your stats temporarily, but the next day you suffer from goofball withdrawl for 100 adventures which reduces your stats.

EDIT: I'm a disco bandit and I've found that the most Moxious of adventures can be found at The Sleazy Back Alley (at least for low level characters).
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Apparently the sleezy alley trains moxie, and the haunted pantry trains magicalness. The Haiku dungeon is good for money and all aroundness it seems. Where do you go to get muscle?
Hobot
Jedi Knight

Post by Hobot »

Nephtys wrote:Apparently the sleezy alley trains moxie, and the haunted pantry trains magicalness. The Haiku dungeon is good for money and all aroundness it seems. Where do you go to get muscle?
Cobb's Knob
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Right, so people. THe upcoming training bench, which stat should it be for?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

Well we have 11 who are Moxey strong, 10 who are Mystical strong, and 11 who are Muscle strong. I think we win either way. Is it best to have the training thing in your primary stat or should it be used for minor stats? Could you explain to us simple folk how it works? :)
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Did you go see the council after getting the whisker?
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Hobot
Jedi Knight

Post by Hobot »

Straha wrote:Right, so people. THe upcoming training bench, which stat should it be for?
I vote Moxie! But I'm biased since I'm a Disco Bandit and I may be a little drunk (Inebriety: 15 You are falling-down drunk.).
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

Hobot wrote:
Straha wrote:Right, so people. THe upcoming training bench, which stat should it be for?
I vote Moxie! But I'm biased since I'm a Disco Bandit and I may be a little drunk (Inebriety: 15 You are falling-down drunk.).
Silly Disco Bandit has had too many audiences with the king of beers. :wink:

I vote Muscle! But I'm slightly biased since I'm a simple little seal clubber. Whap seals whap! Bad seals bad!

Our clan is well balanced so whatever we pick, 1/3 of the clan will be really happy and the rest will be almost really happy.
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

SCRawl, I kneel respectfully at your feet. Three cheers for SCRawl! Our war chest is now much fuller.
SCRawl

Post by SCRawl »

Dangermouse wrote:SCRawl, I kneel respectfully at your feet. Three cheers for SCRawl! Our war chest is now much fuller.
I only cashed in 5 of the clan's chef hats. They go for 10k on the open market (the trade chat).

By the way: why am I a knight now?

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

I put another imperial assload of chef's hats in the box...I thought they were worthless.
SCRawl

Post by SCRawl »

Chardok wrote:I put another imperial assload of chef's hats in the box...I thought they were worthless.
Those are among the ones I cashed in. The 50k is now in the clan's coffers.

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I need sweet rims. It is the final part in order to make my bitchin' meat car.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
SCRawl

Post by SCRawl »

Enigma wrote:I need sweet rims. It is the final part in order to make my bitchin' meat car.
The hermit has them.

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

SCRawl wrote:
Enigma wrote:I need sweet rims. It is the final part in order to make my bitchin' meat car.
The hermit has them.
I have to give him junk to get the rims?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
SCRawl

Post by SCRawl »

Enigma wrote:
SCRawl wrote:
The hermit has them.
Yes. You have to take a "worthless trinket", which comes from the sewer. You'll also have to buy a hermit permit, just to get to the hermit.

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

SCRawl wrote:
Enigma wrote:
SCRawl wrote: The hermit has them.
Yes. You have to take a "worthless trinket", which comes from the sewer. You'll also have to buy a hermit permit, just to get to the hermit.
Problem is I'm out of adventures.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

ALRIGHT! We have a meat tree (Huzzah to whoever bought it) now, seeing the earlier list of players we have I'm buying a Moxie Trainer and a Strength Bench. Any objections? No? GOOD!
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan