The Florida Keys

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

The Florida Keys

Post by Alferd Packer »

While cleaning out my webspace, I stumbled upon a few pictures I'd taken while down in the Keys last Christmas. These two really stood out, so I thought I'd share them, on the off chance someone wants to make one of 'em their background or something:

(Both are NSF56K, BTW)

Sunset in Key West. It's one of the must-do things while you're down there, and even if it is all touristy, it's undeniably pretty.

Where we stayed, or rather, the view from the deck of the my girlfriend's parents' house. I love this shot because it's so tranquil. That's the essence of the Keys outside of Key West or Marathon: tranquility. Zen. Chillaxing. Whatever you want to call it. It's a small wonder everyone's so goddamn happy down there. :D
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

*borrows the deck shot for her work computer*

Just lovely!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Very nice pictures. Especially, I like the house picture.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa