Kickass Online Game (www.kingdomofloathing.com)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I forgot about the gym and used up all of my turns on the Knob Goblins' treasury. 60+ meat per fight
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I'd like to have a title of "Tomato King" or "Lord of the Tomatos" :). Thanks
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

A Big Flying Fish wrote:A note for those trying to build up stats quickly. PvP, if you have decent equipment, is an excellent way to gain stats quickly. Select dignity for the attack choice, and attack away. Bonuses in the region of 60-90 per substat per attack are attainable.
Holy shit. Whats the go with PvP? I'm level 5 with power 40 items and 14/14/25 stats: is it worth me having a go? What do you lose/win?
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Stark wrote:Mayabird, you jumped heaps of moxie today. My character is Brandi and you just zoomed past me: I must know your secret
If this is the day I remember correctly, I spent a good amount of time in the Limerick Dungeon and shot my stats up there. Not much meat, but that can be made up when my character is stronger.

I'm building up my meat now to buy buffs. So far, all I have is "The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith" which gives me or some player I buff +10 Muscle for five turns. So if anyone wants to try to attack some strong creature and would like a little edge, tell me and I'll cast it on you. I'll update everyone as I acquire more.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Oh cool: I've been whoring the Limerick dungeon myself. +9 enchantedness is common there. The haiku/limerick dungeon is a good n00b powerup area, since there's basically no combat.

Is there a point to finishing the haiku dungeon challenge? I've never passed the third riddle.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Where does one aquire a Mr. Accessory?
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

You donate US$10 to the devs. Easy as pie, +15 all stats, they sell for billions. :)
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Stark wrote:Oh cool: I've been whoring the Limerick dungeon myself. +9 enchantedness is common there. The haiku/limerick dungeon is a good n00b powerup area, since there's basically no combat.

Is there a point to finishing the haiku dungeon challenge? I've never passed the third riddle.
Answer it in Haiku

Huaaa
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

I make a lot of money doing trivia in the /c games chat. For example, I just6 made 22k meat by answering star wars trivia. Sweet!
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Chardok wrote:I make a lot of money doing trivia in the /c games chat. For example, I just6 made 22k meat by answering star wars trivia. Sweet!
Hey, how does that work? Go to the chat, switch channels to games, then...what?
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

People ask questions and you pm the answers. I don't really understand WHY they're giving meat away: they just ARE. :)
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

I humbly request the Title, "Lord of Ravioli" in the Clan please k thanks.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Right, after checking something it turns out that to build a complete wall would require something on the order of 14 million meat. So screw that.

So, we're focusing on building up an Army now, donate your monies and we'll all be able to share in the lootage that will come our way after we have assembled the mighty army of SDnet.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

All hail meat master Straha!

............wait. :P
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I've made the plunge and decided to go for PVP. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until tomorrow.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I'd like to reiterate that the current clan warfare engine allows large numbers of cheap grunts to overwhelm more expensive and sophisticated fortifications. Archers aren't worth it.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Everyone around my PvP rank is either level 2 or 10: level 2s don't give any bonuses, but I think I'd get owned by level 10s.

My character needs a title! Brandi... the bukkake burglar? I'll come up with something... :D
DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarkSilver »

I added 7k meat to the stash after I joined...
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Hmm, if I (Igbar) were to have a Title, I would be

Pesto Sage

:)
The Rift
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

I'd like the title of Troubleshooter, for obvious reasons/

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Ooh! Ooh! Can I be Chief Hygene Officer? :P
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

The Hermit has 10 leaf clovers today so be sure to get some worthless trinket items from the sewer and visit the Hermit
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Nephtys wrote:Ooh! Ooh! Can I be Chief Hygene Officer? :P
'Well, mebbe if you go by Nepht-Y-ESS....

BTW:

Once you get 15 moxie (early for us Disco Bandits!) go to the Limerick Dungeon. Each round through gives you 4-6 in a stat, which is great for low levels, and there's no combat as far as I can tell- just free stat points. Little meat, but you can always Meat up when you are bigger and tougher.

Also, I just got a Basic Meat Crossbow, so I have a White Sword (pwr. 40) for anyone who wants it...

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Since there is talk about titles, I'd like to ask about mine.

Why was I given the title "Luke Duke"? Not complaining or anything, just wondering what thought process generated it.