Kickass Online Game (www.kingdomofloathing.com)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

I just made my bitchin' meat car. Getting powerful enough to use the Limerick Dungeon really gets a fellow off on the right foot.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I've had a car for a while. I am a complete rube at PvP and trading though, so don't get too jealous :)
Troodon
Redshirt

Post by Troodon »

I'm sending in an application. If the Mediocre Men could use another Sauceror, Lord Solanum is at your disposal.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Actually, in regards to the Evil Food Items.. different ones take away different things. I ate a huge stack of food, and got a net gain because for every point I lost as a side effect, my next meal gave me 2 more for em.

And yes, you need to get to the mall. My life's become SO DARN easy now that I have the mall, stockpiling cheap food and the occasional awesome item. I've already given up 3 of my Shiny Rings (+3 to all stats) for a full set of Boris's Rings (+10 to Str).

For PVP, use potions of temporary gr8ness to double all of your stats. I like em. :P
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

so many new lairs unlocked but no adventures left to try them out (+ my character is too drunk)
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

A message to those of you who have the ability to buy stuff in the War Room:

DON'T GET ANY MORE RECLINERS!

Pending Stark's answer to my last question ::lazy eyed stare:: we're going to be going for all Grrrrgoyles or Grunts, and as such Recliners are pointless.

Also, before we get anything else, I figure we'd probably be better off with a Trollbooth, so no more spending till we get that. Capeesh?

BTW, Stark, whose your charecter?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

What exactly do the various military resources do, and where can one find a description of the mechanics of clan warfare?
「かかっ―」
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

We now have the tollbooth. I added enough to bring us well over 100,000 so that we still have over 50,000 in the stash. :)

On another note, Peel me a grape store in the mall is selling hell ramen at 2700. :)
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

*snaps to attention*

All I know about the clan war mechanics (ie, archers not worth as many grunts as they cost) comes from the Clan War Thinktank, where they discuss various flaws in the current system and describe a new one. It doesn't go into mathematical specifics, but it's clear that 100,000 worth of grunts is far superior to 100,000 of archers. It is here. My character is 'Brandi', for some reason. :D

Dangermouse, how the smeg do you get that much money? I'm going to cry! :)
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

I suspect it is the real cool avatar pic, although I may be wrong.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Yes! Finally made it to level five. And I'm now a Chef-Magi!
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Alright. Time for Lady Nephtys's Quick and Dirty Guide to what she's seen...

Step 1. Get to Level 3.
Moxie characters level at the dark alley. You get booze there.
Magic characters level at the haunted pantry. Get asparagus and razor can lids there.
Strength characters level at knobs knoll. Get goblin weapons there.

One thing that's REAL important is to collect razor sharp can lids and trade them for potions at the guard tower. Each potion gives 40+ points in stats, and are invaluable. Well, do some quests for equipment as you wish, but getting strength items is important. When you have about 18 HP, take out the rats at the Tavern for the council.

Step 2. Get the mall ASAP.
You need to get to Level 5 before real important stuff opens. People are very nice and will give you stat boosting items often, for the hell of it.. but at the mall, stockpile on booze and food and as much stuff as you can get from 10 item sales. Seriously.

Step 3. Cash/Level up.
Great place to do this is the Knoll Treasury. You often find free 300-500 meat there, though you'll need 30 or 40 HP to survive. Heal frequently. Then donate that stuff to the SDN clan. Em. Lesse. The Dr. Hobo's scalpel is a pretty good weapon to use, but then you can move up as your stats increase. Collect as much booze and quality food as you can, especially 'advanced' types that give you stats. 14 is the most drunkedness you can have safely, so don't go over.

Step 4. Eat well.
Eat Bat Wing Chow Mein for stat boots, and like extra 22 adventures per food.
Eat Elfin shortbread for all stats +6, and 5 adventures.
Eat Sausage Pizza for 5 adventures, and like 20 points of strength.

Hope this helps! :P
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Nephtys, you are the woman!
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Finally, level freaking five.

Okay, 8-Bit land gets you jack-all for meat. However, collecting the pixels to manufacture Purple Pixel Pies is great. The pies get you four to six adventures and some heavy boosts to your stats, anywhere from ten to seventeen points each.

You need five white pixels, which are the rarest kind. It generally takes around ten adventures through, you do get boosts for your other stats as you fight your way through. You'll also need some other lesser pixels, but by the time you acquire the five whites you'll have a whole raft of the others. The green potions and so on are good for restoring your HP and MP, but since I usually don't need those (Godzirra the kick-ass mosquito takes care of the HP for me, and I only have two skills that call for MP, which I don't use.)
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Also, what are the necessary components and combinations for construction of the meat car?
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Petrosjko wrote:Also, what are the necessary components and combinations for construction of the meat car?
that'll be my next objective also.

Also reached level 5 \o/
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Right! which dope keeps taking the asshat, and forgets to put it back in the stash dammit!!!

PUT IT BACK!!! :evil:
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Dartzap wrote:Right! which dope keeps taking the asshat, and forgets to put it back in the stash dammit!!!

I made an asshat from two bum cheeks? What's so great about it?
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Petrosjko wrote:Also, what are the necessary components and combinations for construction of the meat car?
  • Cog
  • Empty Meat Tank
  • Tires
  • Sweet Rims
  • Spring
  • Sprocket
  • 5 Meat Pastes
  • 1 Meat Stack

If you want the combination PM me doll.
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

:shock:

So THAT'S how you people have been increasing your stats and racking up the meat so fast. That does it...I'm becoming a cook!
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

To add to Nephtys already excellent list:

1) Pr0n Stir Fry - If you are concerned about money, this is your best bet food wise. Hell Ramen and the Chow Meins raise your stats quickly but they are very expensive (+10-12k). The raw ingredients for these are also kinda expensive.

Not for Pr0n stirfry. The main ingredients are all cheap and it will give you a fairly high number of adventures and stats. Plus it only adds 2 fullness (instead of 3) so you can eat more of it. To make:
Spice + herb = secret blend of spices/herbs
Secret blend + olive = Olive Stir Fry
Olive Stir Fry + Pron = Pron Stir Fry.

Get all the ingredients but the spices at the mall. They are all under 30 but the spices. Prons are maybe a couple hundred. Get the spices by using a 10 leaf clover in the sewer. You will get a choice of 3 item; be sure to choose another trinket as well as the spices so you can visit the hermit again to get another clover. This only works on the days the Hermit is selling clovers.

2) Typical Tavern is another place to get high stat boost but you will get drunk as well with each adventure.

3) The Dude Ranch at the beach is worth the 3 adventures because you get nice stat boosts and usually coconuts that you can sell.

4) Complete the Deep Fat Friars Quest as soon as you can. It will raise your drunkness level up to 20 I think (I am working on this one now).

5) The razor lids I think only applies to Pasta/Sauce type people. If you are a Seal clubber(Wham! Seals Wham!) or a Turtle tamer, you need to get firecrackers from Knob's Cobb. Disco Bandits and Accordians need spider webs from the back alley.

6) Chef Hats ( Cobb's Knob), Beer Goggles (Combine 2 lens from Tavern), Brainy Skulls (Brain + Smart Skull Fern's Tower, Misspelled Cemetary), and Coconut Shells (Dude Ranch) all fetch high prices in trade. Find and sell these and donate to the stash.

:)
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

You forgot the bar. If you're willing to part with a fair bit of meat you can get up to 100 point stat boosts there pretty regularilly. Well worth it in my opinion.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Level 5. 8)

I would like to change my title request to:

Imperius Underling
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Keevan_Colton wrote:
Dartzap wrote:Right! which dope keeps taking the asshat, and forgets to put it back in the stash dammit!!!

Asshats provide stench resistance, something required for access to a lot of zones.
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Nephtys wrote:
Keevan_Colton wrote:

Asshats provide stench resistance, something required for access to a lot of zones.
So does the Pine Cone Air Freshener, which can be be acquired from Pine Bats in the Bat Hole.