Kickass Online Game (www.kingdomofloathing.com)

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Yeah I'm using a pine thingy.

Can anyone do the cook combinations? Or just the cook-y classes? I've got heaps of ingredients for stuff like bat wing chow mein, but I didn't think I could use them.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Anyone can cook, but there are some recipes which only the magi can make. Much as there are only some cocktails the sneaky bastards can make, and there's some equipment only we noble warriors can make.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Straha wrote:Anyone can cook, but there are some recipes which only the magi can make. Much as there are only some cocktails the sneaky bastards can make, and there's some equipment only we noble warriors can make.
Hey, I resemble that remark! :P

Oh yeah, and now I've also got Brawnee's Anthem of Absorption, which I guess absorbs some damage (I haven't used it yet - do you realize how expensive these songs are getting?).

Also, I may just start being a nice person and randomly casting buffs on people, so don't freak out if you suddenly find yourself buffed by the Polka of Plenty. *goes back to jammin' on the accordian*

It's so funny that they have accordian thieves, considering the kleptomaniac tendencies of a certain marching band...
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

A simple recipe that grants decent smarm, and a good number of adventures is Delicious Noodles. It's just Dry Noodles, which Pastamancers can make using Pastamastery, and Herbs, which can be gotten for cheap if you search the mall.

BTW, does anyone know any recipes using stalks of asparagus? I imagine if I can cook something using them, it'll pump my Mysticality.
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

spent all my meat for the sweet rims but I finally made my meatcar now 8)

Also, is it me, or did Whitey's grove dissapeared from my map? Thats a shame because I always had good drops there :(
Hobot
Jedi Knight

Post by Hobot »

wautd wrote:spent all my meat for the sweet rims but I finally made my meatcar now 8)

Also, is it me, or did Whitey's grove dissapeared from my map? Thats a shame because I always had good drops there :(

Trivial Updates:

June 05 - There have been some minor changes to the levels at which zones open up, and to monster levels and rewards. The only really noticable one is Whitey's Grove, which has been made considerably harder and had its stat rewards increased a lot.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Are there any saucerors? I have a Scrumptious Reagent, and would like a sauceror to make me some, well, sauce. As a pastamancer myself, I have access to the more advanced noodle recipes, as well as a minor stock of dry noodles.

Also, I have a chef-in-the-box now, so I can do cooking for no adventure cost. If anyone's interested.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

I am going to start dumping any hellion cubes, noodles, and other advanced cooking items for the pastamakers and sauce makers in the group. On another note, how does one get access to the Mine in the mountain zone? I want to start making items for everyone.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

I'll be producing 3 noodles a day and selling them on the open market. A trio usually fetches 10k-15k easilly and is no problem, and I'll dump that cash in the clan stash. But yeah, can some saucerers start producing sauce from reagents? That'd be nice for us pasta-peeps. :)
SCRawl

Post by SCRawl »

Dangermouse wrote:I am going to start dumping any hellion cubes, noodles, and other advanced cooking items for the pastamakers and sauce makers in the group. On another note, how does one get access to the Mine in the mountain zone? I want to start making items for everyone.
Of course, only Saucerors can make the really good stuff, like Hell Broth. They are the only class which can use the Scrumptious Reagent.

As for the Mine, you get access to that starting from the Council of Loathing. They send you on a quest there.

Though I, too, am making my 3 dry noodles per day, and have sold six so far, I'm now keeping them for making the higher-end meals. Bat Wing Chow Mein, for example, is within my capabilities. I just can't make Hell Ramen without a Sauceror to make Hell Broth.

Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

Making the Pagoda (Spoilers) :

We now have the basic items to make the Pagoda which will add adventures and let you recover faster. Thanks to whoever added the Heavy Metal Sonata and Guitar. I added a Ketchup Hound and Guitar Pick. Here is how you do it:

1) Adventure in the Deep Fat Friar's Place after completing that quest until you get the Hey Deze Map.

2) Adventure in the Palindrome until you get an Elf Farm Ticket. You need a Ten Leaf clover as well. Use the ticket to get the Pagoda Plans. Borrow the Ketchup Hound, Guitar Pick, and Heavy Metal Guitarr and Sonota. Use the Hey Deze Map to get Hey Deze Nuts. Use the Hound to make the Pagoda.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Holy shit, I had the best fight in the "Fun" house today, you had to be there! There was this scary clown, and I took my basic meat crossbow and I was like "WHAM!" and the clown was like "BOOGEY BOOGEY"! and I took my crossbow and shot him, and my dangerous mosquito apprentice moved in and sucked his blood and shit, and then... then I got MOXIOUS!

BAM! BIFF! POW!

I totally snuck up on him and wailed with great moxiousity. And he totally died and gave me 26 meat and 3 chutzpah, as well as some mysticality.

AWESOME!

new rule: no more drinking before KoL.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Thirdfain wrote:new rule: no more drinking before KoL.
But.. but... drinking gives you adventures! :)
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Nephtys wrote:
Thirdfain wrote:new rule: no more drinking before KoL.
But.. but... drinking gives you adventures! :)
Yes, but that means drinking good DURING KoL, not BEFORE KoL.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Whats the deal with chefs hats? Why are they worth so much?

edit: finally made some meat now so I can eat some descent food starting tomorrow
SCRawl

Post by SCRawl »

Okay, while KoL has been fun, I'm officially giving up. It's taking too much time. If there's anyone out there who would like to take over my account (multis are fine, by the way, as long as you don't use one account to farm another), please let me know, and I'll turn it over.

Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Too much time? It just takes a half hour a day once you get your adventures. :P
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

This is a surprisingly fun game.

Anyway I would like to join the clan, the name is Obi Wan Canoli. What can I say, I was inspired by Shop Wars.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

There are sweet rims in the Hermitage, just collect a few worthless trinkets and Hermit Permits first.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Crayz9000 wrote:There are sweet rims in the Hermitage, just collect a few worthless trinkets and Hermit Permits first.
good to know. Where can you find those worthless trinkets again?

also, I spend god nows how many adventures in that tower and graveyard and still havnt found a brain :x

What is the best kind of booze by the way?

Edit: finally a brain
Cyborg Stan
Jedi Knight

Post by Cyborg Stan »

Hmmm.... just a little bit ago, some mall store was selling Knob Sausage Chow Mein for 10 meat (limit 1/day).
ASVS Vets Assoc, Class of 1999

Geh Ick Bleah

Avatar is an image of Yuyuko Saigyouji from the Touhou Series.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

wautd wrote:
Crayz9000 wrote:There are sweet rims in the Hermitage, just collect a few worthless trinkets and Hermit Permits first.
good to know. Where can you find those worthless trinkets again?

also, I spend god nows how many adventures in that tower and graveyard and still havnt found a brain :x

What is the best kind of booze by the way?

Edit: finally a brain
Worthless trinkets can be found in The Sewer (in Market Square). You need some gum on a string to find them. If you have a 10-leaf clover, the Sewer Gnomes will you pull you down into the sewer and let you take 3 objects from it.
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

completed Deep Fat Friar's Quest \o/
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

BTW Straha, mind letting me in? I'm JohanRagle, level 5 Disco Bandit.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Crayz9000 wrote:BTW Straha, mind letting me in? I'm JohanRagle, level 5 Disco Bandit.
your in